• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pen

The game is on!
Been a while since I was last in this neck of the woods, but I'm back to present a new game! @Storm @Mido @DekuNut and I have created a world where this game will take place. In a lot of ways it's similar to the area around the middle-east during the renaissance, but there exists nature based magic, as well as technology based on clockpunk.

Advanced magic is not in abundance, and neither is high technology, but they do exist. Clockpunk is comparable to steampunk, but instead of everything being steam powered, it's powered by cogwheels and clockwork that get its energy from for example water, wind, or from being wound up. In this world there also exists a valuable resource called Mana Stones that can be used to power clockwork technology very efficiently.

During this era the world is riddled with war, violence, and brutality. For one reason or another our characters wish to escape the violence and find a new home somewhere peaceful. It's up to you to decide your characters motivations, but they must in some way align themselves to the party in the beginning stages of the game. Their goal will be to reach a land of peace somewhere where they can live in safety. The game will begin in the coastal city of Blungos in northern Ummeer, which is part of the Fooshin faction. Your character may be from there, or they may have arrived there from elsewhere. If you have further questions about the world itself, don't hesitate to ask. I will provide a map once the game starts!

Blungos is primarily inhabited by humans, but other races exist too. Samandra are amphibious humanoids with reptilian features, resembling salamanders. They're a minority in Blungos, but it's not too strange to see one there. Rahto are people with falcon heads, and they have falcon wings on their back. They are very rare in Blungos so most people there would react to seeing one. Kindu are burly satyr-like beings with big horns. They are also very rare in Blungos and thus people would react if they saw one. Lastly there exist artificially intelligent clockwork-driven constructs of varying design that are usually powered by Mana Stones. These constructs live solely as servants in this city. Your character may be any of the five races.

At this time there is no player limit, so please come along and play with us! Only one character per player is allowed. To sign up, fill out the sheet below and wait for it to be approved. ^^

Name: -
Race: -
Skills: -
Appearance: -
Height: -
Weight: -
Personality: -
Backstory: -
Character Song: -

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Name: Rebecca "Beck" Luna
Race: Human
Skills: Enchantress/Alchemist/ Dancer
Appearance:
Black hair down to the middle of her back, green eyes, slim Muscular pale-skinned frame
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 164
Personality: Quiet and Withdrawn, she prefers to observe and listen, always taking Notes. in times of leisure She likes to dance to the Music in her head
Backstory: A student of The Eye of The Serpent, and Daughter of one of the Fang Grandmasters, she has been trained since age 5 in the Arcane at the Academy on the Isle of Joratodoro. Her magical foci were in Levinomancy and Kage Maho with a Minor is Alchemical studies. Rebecca Graduated eighth in her class and seeks a place where she can set up shop to sell her remedies and maybe fall in love in the Process, but the Ummeer Coast is kind of an expensive place to live, and the Money she had for her new life dried up faster than previously thought, and now she is a Waitress at a Local Bar, trying to make ends meet one paycheck at a time.

download20220704105258.png

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
Name: Sayaad Fida
Skills: Close and long ranged combat, hunting, and sailing.
Appearance: His hair is brown and wavy, and his eyes are also brown and have a kind look to them. He has a good physique and has plenty of scars on his body, the most prominent one being on his left cheek.
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 82 kg
Personality: Pretty mild mannered, but can turn quite hotheaded if provoked. He does his best to keep that side of him in check though. At times he feels rather low, but a lot of the time he beams with passion for his dream.
Backstory: Sayaad was born in the fortified town of Yeznep. Since as early as he can remember his mother would bring him with her into the forest to hunt. Those happy days lasted until Sayaad was 13, when his mother was killed by a bear while they were out hunting one night. Sayaad did kill the bear afterwards, but he was left with strong hatred for the world since he didn't know where to direct his anger. After that tragedy his father, who hadn't been present a whole lot before, took Sayaad under his wing and brought him with him into war. Sayaad became a great warrior as he basically grew up on the battlefield. Over the years they would go to war against their neighbours in the lands to the east, as well as wage naval warfare with the lands beyond the ocean in the north. When Sayaad was 17 his father was killed in action before his eyes, but unlike with the bear that killed his mother, the person who killed his father got away. Sayaad swore he would avenge his father's death and was filled with an even stronger desire for violence than he already had. Over the following years he would keep fighting in the wars while at the same time try to find the person who killed his father. During this time he lost many comrades in the war, and when he was 19 he finally found his father killer and finished the job. Life went on and Sayaad continued to lose even more comrades in the battles they fought, and when he was 23 they suffered a major loss during a battle at sea. Everyone else seemingly perished, but Sayaad was quite miraculously able to make it to the coastline of Ponesia. Finding himself in enemy territory and having nothing more to his name than the torn clothes he wore, Sayaad survived the first few weeks by staying away from civilisation. In the wilderness he could find food and regain his strength. But eventually he realised he couldn't go on like that forever, so he carefully began to integrate himself into Ponesian society. Making a living as a hunter, Sayaad's plan was to save up enough coin for a boat ride back to Ummeer, but as he worked toward his goal he got a taste of a type of lifestyle that he hadn't known since he was a boy. It was a peaceful and harmonious lifestyle that took some getting used to for Sayaad, but soon enough he would start to see the beauty in it. Spending his days there he suddenly had more time to think than he'd had before, and he came to understand just how dreadful his violent days had been. He befriended an old man who drove a cargo boat, but by that time it didn't even cross his mind to ride that boat back to Ummeer. Every night he was haunted by nightmares that brought him back to the horrors he faced in the wars, so as an attempt to end those nightmares he decided to never harm another person ever again. Though he was burdened with the sins of his past, his days in Ponesia were mostly happy. However, three years after he started his new life there, the coastal town he had been living in was attacked by invaders. The townsfolk didn't stand a chance, but Sayaad and the old man with the boat managed to escape on the boat. They made it across the sea to the Ummeeran coast, but the ship crashed into some cliffs and was destroyed as soon as they got there. The old man had been severely injured and passed away from the wounds shortly after they came ashore. Lost and distraught Sayaad once again found himself alone on an empty shore. Following the coastline westward, he reached the city of Blungos after several days. That was when he realised that peace is not so easy to come by in this cruel world. This big city that he found himself in was riddled with crime, and the military police patrolling the streets would cause more harm than good. Sayaad's new goal is now to find a new peaceful home somewhere in this world, and ideally share it with likeminded people.
Character Song:

Sayaad.png

Name: Kraven LeftClaw

Race: Rahto

Skills: Good archer, has a clawshot like appendage on his right leg half way down the shin

Appearance: Has a northern crested caracara head and wings and full body tattoos, average build bordering muscular. wears Khakis and a loose cloak.

northern crested caracara.jpg

Weight: 196 lbs

Personality: shy at first, but friendly.

Backstory: Kraven was born and raised in Greffuth Mostly hunting until the age 9 when his father was drafted for war. Kraven then helped his mother around the house for the next 9 years until she died from a rare degenerative disease. After, his mothers death, Kraven started north, in hopes of getting away from war, around the west side of the great lake Dreeskah. As he was passing the river, a mine blew up near by taking his right leg half way up his shin. After being found by a Samandra doctor, he was taken to Snaraak to be fitted with a prosthetic tool consisting of a long chain connected to a discharging claw(Think of the Clawshot from Twilight Princess, but the "claw" looks like a Falcons talon). In which he spent three years training and getting used to his "Clawshot Appendage" before heading north to Blungos.

Character Song:

Rough Path:
RP Character Path So Far.png

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
Name: Rebecca "Beck" Luna
Skills: Enchantress/Alchemist/ Dancer
Appearance:
Black hair down to the middle of her back, green eyes, slim Muscular pale-skinned frame
Weight: 164
Personality: Quiet and Withdrawn, she prefers to observe and listen, always taking Notes. in times of leisure She likes to dance to the Music in her head
Backstory: A student of The Eye of The Serpent, and Daughter of one of the Fang Grandmasters, she has been trained since age 5 in the Arcane at the Academy on the Isle of Joratodoro. Her magical foci were in Levinomancy and Kage Maho with a Minor is Alchemical studies. Rebecca Graduated eighth in her class and seeks a place where she can set up shop to sell her remedies and maybe fall in love in the Process, but the Ummeer Coast is kind of an expensive place to live, and the Money she had for her new life dried up faster than previously thought, and now she is a Waitress at a Local Bar, trying to make ends meet one paycheck at a time.

View attachment 63878

Name: Kraven LeftClaw

Race: Rahto

Skills: Good archer, has a clawshot like appendage on his right leg half way down the shin

Appearance: Has a northern crested caracara head and wings and full body tattoos, average build bordering muscular. wears Khakis and a loose cloak.

Weight: 196 lbs

Personality: shy at first, but friendly.

Backstory: Kraven was born and raised in Greffuth Mostly hunting until the age 9 when his father was drafted for war. Kraven then helped his mother around the house for the next 9 years until she died from a rare degenerative disease. After, his mothers death, Kraven started north, in hopes of getting away from war, around the west side of the great lake Dreeskah. As he was passing the river, a mine blew up near by taking his right leg half way up his shin. After being found by a Samandra doctor, he was fitted with a prosthetic tool consisting of a long chain connected to a discharging claw(Think of the Clawshot from Twilight Princess, but the "claw" looks like a Falcons talon). In which he spent three years training and getting used to his "Clawshot Appendage" before heading north to Blungos.

Character Song:

Rough Path:

Thank you both so much for signing up! All characters that have been posted so far are approved! I'm going to start the game momentarily, but in case anyone else wishes to join it's not too late. I'm happy to introduce new character even if the game has already started, so this sign-up thread will remain open! :)

MightyMario

The Vengeful Warrior | Drawn by Uwu_Oocoo2
I have a question: if a character has a pet or animal companion (say, like a bird or dog), does that count as two characters?

MightyMario

Name: Siy Auwaton (A-wa-ton)

Skills: Great with animals, very quick and agile, and has a bouncy yet calm energy.

Appearance: Siy has light blonde hair down to her waist with blue eyes and light colored skin. She mainly wears a short white dress and black boots. A couple bracelets adorn her arms with beautiful silver earrings.

Height: 5’6

Weight: 84 pounds

Personality: Siy is kind-hearted and friendly, willing to help anyone she meets. Though her young demeanor may occasionally get her in trouble, Siy sees the good in people, even if they are the most vile of villains.

Backstory: Siy was born into a somewhat rich family somewhere in Southern Ummeer. Her father has been missing since she turned six and her mother was killed during an ambush four years ago. Siy decided to start her own makeshift business collecting and selling trinkets she finds whereever she travels to. It doesn’t make her a lot of Drachma, but hey, any business is good business.

She vowed one day to find her father and witness the end of the conflict that has engulfed her world. Now in Blungos, she has settled upon a bar, hoping to get a drink of water or two... and potential customers.

Pen

The game is on!
Do i just hop in and start playing or do I have to get approved?

I have to approve you first. I really like your character, but there's just a few things I'd like to go over with you before you can join.

Siy was born into a somewhat rich family somewhere in Southern Ummeer.

May I suggest that Siy is from the city of Elgruth (marked on the map)? It's the southernmost city in the Fooshin region which spans from the northern coast where Blungos is, to the great lake where Elgruth is. Ummeer is divided into two factions/regions that are at war with one another: Fooshin north of the lake, and Ruxong south of the lake. Humans are very rare in Ruxong, so it makes the most sense for your character to be from somewhere in Fooshin. Elgruth is the third largest city of the Fooshin region and is primarily inhabited by Samandra, but it's not strange to see humans there as well. Anyway, it's your call ultimately. This was just a suggestion from me to you ^^

Screenshot 2022-09-21 at 12.44.49.png

And one last question: Do I pronounce Siy the same way as "sigh"?

MightyMario

I have to approve you first. I really like your character, but there's just a few things I'd like to go over with you before you can join.

May I suggest that Siy is from the city of Elgruth (marked on the map)? It's the southernmost city in the Fooshin region which spans from the northern coast where Blungos is, to the great lake where Elgruth is. Ummeer is divided into two factions/regions that are at war with one another: Fooshin north of the lake, and Ruxong south of the lake. Humans are very rare in Ruxong, so it makes the most sense for your character to be from somewhere in Fooshin. Elgruth is the third largest city of the Fooshin region and is primarily inhabited by Samandra, but it's not strange to see humans there as well. Anyway, it's your call ultimately. This was just a suggestion from me to you ^^

And one last question: Do I pronounce Siy the same way as "sigh"?
Yes for both questions

Reactions: Pen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom