• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Odd300's Odd Userbars

Yay! More Userbars!!! After looking at Atticuz's userbars, I got hooked by them and decided to make my own. This thread will be kinda my "junk pile" for all you darling people to see. While I was making my first userbar, I was still learning the ropes of GIMP as I never used it before then. Here are the first five userbars I have created. Enjoy!

DMIA1Wc.png

43vm4sc.png

I1hvn2y.png

XRdLXi6.png

wJKoiPG.png

Feel free to give out critiques so I can become better. :)

Thanks Linknerd and Atticuz!!! Here are some more Userbars I just made. ^_^

JPnl5Lx.png

yNZHVBH.png

Szr5OqK.png

Don't ask why I did a Halloween Userbar. -_-

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Not bad, but you should consider putting somewhat of a border around your text.

1.) Text Layer > Alpha to Selection
2.) New Layer > Position under text layer
3.) Select New Layer under Text Layer > Select > Grow > 1
4.) Paint Bucket (Fill) > Color you want (set to FG or BG then select FG Color or BG Color options) > Fill outside of text.

Make some sense?

Yeah, I wasn't doing the extra layer right which was why there was no border. I realized by the Falling Star userbar that I was doing it wrong so I changed the settings of the layer, and it worked. Odd how I did something right with Mago but not Happy Halloween. -_-

Last edited:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
They all look very amazing and great, but may I say that don't place the brightness thing on top of the text. It makes the text very bright a bit hard to read..well that's the way I see it...overall the userbars look very amazing^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom