• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Odd Similarity Between OoT and Star Wars

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I have been a Star Wars fan all of my life, and I have never seen too great of a similarity between the two. I mean if you wanted too you could probably go into it and find some similar stuff, but there is not too much similar. In some games Ive seen some similaritys between movies and games, but not Zelda and Star Wars.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Star Wars SPOILER ALERT

Watching Return of the Jedi today. Well at the end when they are having the sort of party to celebrate the destruction of the death star and Luke see the ghost of his farther, it struck me that this is oddly similar to the ending to OoT. You know the bit on the end credits where they are having that party in Hyrule field. They are both in a sort of wood area, both have a fire and music and both are celebrations of the main villains death.

I'm sure this is just coincidental, I can't think why Nintendo would want to take ideas for an end credit sequence from a science fiction film that, even back then, was over 10 years old.

On a side note, I always thought it was kinda mean of Zelda to send Link back right away, instead of waiting till after the celebrations. After all, Link is largely responsible for what they are celebrating, shouldn't he be allowed partake in them, and have people thank him?

There is one main reason i never noticed the similarities. I don't watch star wars but from your description i will agree that it's similar. And also i do think it's mean to send him back immedately but really think that they could of at least let link celebrate with them! i mean he only saved all their butts and the entire world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom