• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Odd Scarecrow Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Has anyone else found the scarecrow location in the Water Temple? It's on the ledge where the third Triforce mark (for bringing the water level to its highest) is located. I can't figure out what it's there for seeing as how you can't hookshot/longshot it unless you're on the walkway around the third level and you can't get to the walkway unless the water's already at its highest. The main site didn't have that location listed. Anyone know what it's good for?

CZG

I think that one still had some use somehow, like not having to change the water level again if you left with the longshot, before you beat the boss (or had to leave to restore water levels because you took the wrong key).
It seems like a working shortcut from my memory (10 years since I played OoT), or maybe you could get a skulltula...
At least I tried it, and I can't remember, so it's problably good then.

Anyway, I found an even weirder one...
MM - the second dungeon, the Goron snow thing. There is a complety useless scarecrow place over there.
It's no shortcut, it leads to basically nothing (two balls of snow, with magic, hearts or rupees?).

I though this one was weird.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
OK, let's see if this is the place you guys are talking about...

If you stand on the giant 'building' at the main room, you can see Navi is green and is in a litte room that leads to the main room...
What Navi is pointing is nothing less than one of the Triforce things to change the water level.

Sorry if I'm talking of another place.

CZG

Sometimes they seem useless, but they always have some sort of prize, always. You just need to keep your eyes peeled. ;)

Nah... I got everything (not yet this time...I replaying and only at the ranch at the moment).
All heartpieces, all masks... everything. No skulltulas roaming free in this game....

That thing in the Snowdungeon does nothing. It's the only one in both games that never made sense.
Well, MAYBE it COULD be usefull if you need magic to do a Goron roll or something.
But the first time, you don't have a hookshot yet, so it does not make any sense..

I'm gonna add this one to my personal list of unsolved puzzles.

As for the OoT one, I'm gonna check that out (from start, so it will take some time)

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
There is also one in the volcano. It's odd, but they actually help you if you find them. I hope this helps you.

CZG

The one in the fire temple leads to a circle of rupees, if I remember right.
It's just a bonus, not really a shortcut for anything.

EDIT:
do you mean in the fire temple or in Death mountain

Oh yeah. I forgot there are two. But a skulltula is not useless.
Because you can see on the menu if you got 'em all.

Fire Temple = top floor -> skulltula, rupees (chest)
DM Crater = rupees

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom