• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

oculus rift

tried that yet?

3d zelda 1
ocarina regular & master quest
majora's mask
wind waker
twilight princess sorta works
and i think skyword sword could be possible too

all in virtual reality with head tracking instead of you moving the camera with a stick

$400... just do it :goodness::coolsar::coolsar::goodness:

:mineral:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I've tried the Oculus Rift a few times and I think that it's a pretty cool experience. The first time I did feel dizzy quite quickly but the few times after that I felt less sick each time, so I think you need to get used to it to enjoy it fully.

I'm excited to see what software people will create for the Oculus and if the consumer version comes out at around $250 I'll get one for sure. I'll be more hesitant to spend any more money than that though until I try it more and it has software that I very much want to experience.

i played through ocarina a few weeks ago in the rift and it was one of the best video game experiences i've ever had

Oh yeah,it looks frikin epic. I'd want to see twilight princess on it.

*edit*
Just saw a play through. But it's not in first person,you can still see link. I guess maybe you're a person that's following him or something.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I remain uncertain, because I'm not a fan of first person perspective in games. The rift looks really cool when I've seen demonstrations on what it can do in games, but I have yet to really enjoy a first person experience in a game. Maybe that will change with virtual reality and getting to "look around" (because one of the issues I have with first person is how I feel it limits your perspective), or maybe I will hate it the way I hate first person in games today. We'll have to wait and see until I have a chance to try it.

Don't think I will buy one anytime soon, though, even if I do get to try it. Maybe in the future when it's less costly and I've seen more of what it can offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom