• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Octoroks!!!!

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
These little buggers are always ready to aim at anything! They first appeared in "The Legend of Zelda", while being the first enemies in the game, they are the most annoying ones. You are slashing away when you get hit by one! Yes so to the point, why do you like these or hate these? Your choice!

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Hate them? no Like them? No. I neither like nor Dislike them, they are just plain enemies at the first part of the game of course they could be more annoying if they follow you around and keep attacking you.

I find keese more annoying than them. they go about at random places and they fly in a random pattern.

I think octoroks are CUTE :)

also they can be annoying in the 2-d games :( but in 3-d games i think they look really cool also if i ever saw a game without an octorok id be like :O oh NOES thats bad... they are the definition of classic monster :) ... anyway nice post and welcome to Zelda Dungeon

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Hate is a very strong word but I guess I kind of dislike them :lol:

They are simply annoying because they can disturb the flow of your game in many ways. But I think I actually liked them in the first game they appeared in, at least the red ones! One of the most "beautiful/artistic" enemies of that game they are is my opinion indeed.

Zarom

The King
I always liked the octoroks. But I have to admit I prefer what they were in LOZ. They are a really fun ennemy to fight. I always enjoyed killing them. :) I liked them too in other games. ...but can someone tell me if they really appear in AOL? I don't think I ever saw them... :huh:

Last edited:
D

deku guy

i actually like them they becomed a part of a zelda player life

Shnappy

derp
In other games. ...but can someone tell me if they really appear in AOL? I
There were in AoL. They looked like this. Familiar?

Most games Octoroks annoyed me. Just that repeated rock getting thrown at you, and the annoying process of getting up to them and hitting them. I can't say they bothered me too much. Many enemies have irritated me more than the Octoroks. I just never found them fun, really, except for the boss of the Temple of Droplets in TMC, the Large Blue Octorok (not actually large, but it's a Minish Fight, so Link is very small in proportion to it). I found that to be a pretty enjoyable boss fight. But just as an enemy, I've gotten sick of them as I've played throughout the various Zelda games.

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
Octoroks are fun, because they're easy to kill and not too anoying like some foes in some video games...(Goombas in 2d games, you always jump IN FRONT OF them leaving you defenseless ==" )
Also, in OOT and MM it's funny to reflect their "rocks" at them, 'cause the rock moves slowly %D

Finally, that's also why Zelda is a great game, they don't have stupid "King Octorok", "Octoboss", "Pirate Octorok", "Mecha Octorok", like Goombas, Koopas or even Metroid do, or at least there's not too much of those. x)

Qwerty0805

Pixelated Sword Member
Octoroks are one of my favorite enemies because... Well they're octoroks! They are to Zelda what a goomba is to Mario, they're one of the symbols of the series (Though not quite up there with the Triforce and green tunic imo). I've done a few drawings and (bad) comics of octoroks, and if that isn't enough proof that they're one of my favorite enemies look at my signature.

Well, from the point of view of Link in the game I'm like "Oh SNAP, an octorok. That's the last thing I needed right now." But from the point of view of my safe couch holding a controller, I get a warm fuzzy feeling that something in the universe is constant everytime I see an octorok.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Haha, Yeah Link doesn't really care about a Octorock. I like them, they are pretty funny to me and can be annoying. The blue ones are annoying when you hit them and all of a sudden they can charge back! Ughh.... :(

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
What!? Octorocks are the symbol of Zelda! When you see one of those weird things you know, "Oh my god...I'm playing a Zelda game" They can be annoying, OOT and Majora's Mask, Heck even Wind Wakers' ones were annoying! But I find them a symbol to Zelda.

Neo

The One
They're nothing more than a minor annoyance to me. I find keese to be the TRUE annoying enemies. Keese can fly and follow you, while Octoroks can only spit rocks and hope to hit you.
Also, Octoroks rarely appear in dungeons. They're mostly just an overworld enemy, and are thus designed to be weaker.

I'd have to say I'm neutral when it comes to octoroks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom