• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Octopath Traveller

iKKnvjT.jpg

5kk4jBL.jpg

eyL4nSh.jpg

Stormageden747

Zofian General
I have about 6 hours in the game, and honestly while it can get repetitive at times, it is an amazing game. The graphics are absolutely beautiful. Also THAT WATER IS AMAZING YO!!!

Yeah its a good game. Therion is best boy, and Tressa is best girl.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Played for just a little bit so far. Picked the warrior fellow but kinda felt like picking the rogue.

So far, the game is promising

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I've got 18 hours into the game and I'm absolutely loving it. I don't think that the game is the next evolution of JRPG experiences but it feels like a fresh, zesty new dish at the same restaurant. The music is better than most (all?) 16 bit JRPGs, the graphics are not only better but stylistically gorgeous, and the combat is more engaging than most. I got the Wayfarer's Edition for collecting and the singular game for playing. So, so good. When Square makes a follow-up, I would love to see multiplayer options.

This is a wonderful looking and sounding game. I was worried i wouldnt like it since i really couldnt get onboard with Bravely Default but thankfully i've managed to mesh with it.

Though the writing is a bit sub par so far. I hope it improves as the chapters go on.

It's bloody hard though, i'm rather concerned that i dont have the skill to finish it.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I haven't had to grind and I have found the game only mildly challenging for the most part. It's not punishing hard as it does allow for effective grinding. I play pretty slow though, I'm 20 hours in and I've only just now gotten the 7th character.I haven't gotten to anyone's second chapter yet so the difficulty may change when I reach that stage.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I haven't had to grind and I have found the game only mildly challenging for the most part. It's not punishing hard as it does allow for effective grinding. I play pretty slow though, I'm 20 hours in and I've only just now gotten the 7th character.I haven't gotten to anyone's second chapter yet so the difficulty may change when I reach that stage.
The bosses for chapter 2 are each like a half hour long, and the boss for Olberic chapter 2 took me an hour and I didn't even die

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
By the way, I have a hard time remembering that traveler is spelled with a single "l" as well. Also, I finally collected everyone and started on the second chapters, things got a lot more challenging! Also...
I now realize that there are more than just the 8 towns found in the intros. That makes me excited but also a little dwarfed by the scope of it.

I am keeping 3/4 characters of my main team in my team and only swapping out the 4th when required for certain tasks and chapters. This really helps my main team level up and they are in the 40's now.

I've decided to travel a bit to get better gear before tackling the chapter 2's of any character. That really helps make the game easier. This is one of those games where levelling up and better gear both make a big difference.

Don't just say grinding levels in the same areas for ever. This way you'll level up quicker and get money quicker too.
Also with levelling up I keep the same main 3 people in my team. This mean I can grind higher level monsters for the other characters. As long as the lowbie is alive at the end of the battle they get the XP. So much quicker this way then to use the other 4 all low level is lower level areas. You don't have to level all 8 characters up evenly. I'm not.

Don't think of the characters as individual fighters. They can buff each other and use abilities on each other to make the tougher battles easy. Also by doing this and with a couple of easily obtainable pieces of gear you can make some of the characters OP for the early-mid parts ofthe game.

The secondary classes/jobs in the game are huge. They can break the characters even further. You are basically dual classing them all. Each character must have a different secondary class though. And they share passives. So that means 2 classes per character and 8 passives, but you can only use 4 so you have to choose 4 out of the 8 to use.

A huge amount of choice here. So you can make your characters and team up the way you want to.

Note well secondary classes JPs are linked to that class. Meaning if you have Tressa as a hunter as well and max her hunter JPs, but change Tressa to a cleric then you have to earn up all the cleric skills on Tressa. I think if you swap back to hunter you keep those hunter abilities. You can use the weapons, skills and passives of the 2ndary class. You can't use the out of battle path actions of the secondary class though. So no Tressa challenging anyone to a duel or opening locked chests or whatever.

With the secondary classes it's very easy to make a team who has access to every type of weapon attack and type of spell in the game so you can break every enemy weakness. You don't have to do this though, it's all up to you. You can get close without secondary classes though.

Are there more secondary classes than the base 8 you can multiclass with?

Also yeah explore the map, it's well worth it. The higher level requirements are just saying higher level random encounter mionsters that's all. You don't have to be that level to enter there.

Also remember to make use of fast travelling to towns you've visited.

Can't think of anymore. I think the game is so far not too hard. I really like the level requirements the game uses a lot for almost everything. Gives us a base line of how much we need to grind to at the very least. THough if you choose an appropriate area and also use the time to grind for cash as well you're killing two birds with one stone. in saying that I have not needed to grind all that much. I just make sure not to use the less RNG battles passive and finish most of the battles I run into, not run away. The individual areas in this game are not all that big thankfully.

A great game and I'm liking it a lot.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I am keeping 3/4 characters of my main team in my team and only swapping out the 4th when required for certain tasks and chapters. This really helps my main team level up and they are in the 40's now.

I've decided to travel a bit to get better gear before tackling the chapter 2's of any character. That really helps make the game easier. This is one of those games where levelling up and better gear both make a big difference.

Don't just say grinding levels in the same areas for ever. This way you'll level up quicker and get money quicker too.
Also with levelling up I keep the same main 3 people in my team. This mean I can grind higher level monsters for the other characters. As long as the lowbie is alive at the end of the battle they get the XP. So much quicker this way then to use the other 4 all low level is lower level areas. You don't have to level all 8 characters up evenly. I'm not.

Don't think of the characters as individual fighters. They can buff each other and use abilities on each other to make the tougher battles easy. Also by doing this and with a couple of easily obtainable pieces of gear you can make some of the characters OP for the early-mid parts ofthe game.

The secondary classes/jobs in the game are huge. They can break the characters even further. You are basically dual classing them all. Each character must have a different secondary class though. And they share passives. So that means 2 classes per character and 8 passives, but you can only use 4 so you have to choose 4 out of the 8 to use.

A huge amount of choice here. So you can make your characters and team up the way you want to.

Note well secondary classes JPs are linked to that class. Meaning if you have Tressa as a hunter as well and max her hunter JPs, but change Tressa to a cleric then you have to earn up all the cleric skills on Tressa. I think if you swap back to hunter you keep those hunter abilities. You can use the weapons, skills and passives of the 2ndary class. You can't use the out of battle path actions of the secondary class though. So no Tressa challenging anyone to a duel or opening locked chests or whatever.

With the secondary classes it's very easy to make a team who has access to every type of weapon attack and type of spell in the game so you can break every enemy weakness. You don't have to do this though, it's all up to you. You can get close without secondary classes though.

Are there more secondary classes than the base 8 you can multiclass with?

Also yeah explore the map, it's well worth it. The higher level requirements are just saying higher level random encounter mionsters that's all. You don't have to be that level to enter there.

Also remember to make use of fast travelling to towns you've visited.

Can't think of anymore. I think the game is so far not too hard. I really like the level requirements the game uses a lot for almost everything. Gives us a base line of how much we need to grind to at the very least. THough if you choose an appropriate area and also use the time to grind for cash as well you're killing two birds with one stone. in saying that I have not needed to grind all that much. I just make sure not to use the less RNG battles passive and finish most of the battles I run into, not run away. The individual areas in this game are not all that big thankfully.

A great game and I'm liking it a lot.
I too only swap one Character. My starting character is Olberic who is a warrior/scholar (Deadly combo btw), and I keep Trader/Cleric Tressa, and Cleric/Theif Ophilia (although that's a horrible combo), and swap the fourth out. I haven't yet triple classed, and am about level 40 with my main three and level 28 with 3 of the four other characters. The scholar is still only level 9, and I find that him being absolute baggage at this point in time makes it hard to win higher level battles so I am going to grind somewhere lower until he is less baggage. I try to keep every character on the same chapter.

I just did Alfyn chapter 2 at a level WAAAAAY too high (It was recommended level 22 or something and I was like 39) and it was easy and not very fun.

I too only swap one Character. My starting character is Olberic who is a warrior/scholar (Deadly combo btw), and I keep Trader/Cleric Tressa, and Cleric/Theif Ophilia (although that's a horrible combo), and swap the fourth out. I haven't yet triple classed, and am about level 40 with my main three and level 28 with 3 of the four other characters. The scholar is still only level 9, and I find that him being absolute baggage at this point in time makes it hard to win higher level battles so I am going to grind somewhere lower until he is less baggage. I try to keep every character on the same chapter.

I just did Alfyn chapter 2 at a level WAAAAAY too high (It was recommended level 22 or something and I was like 39) and it was easy and not very fun.

My main 4 party team is as follows

Teressa with secondary hunter (she's my starting character)
Cyrus with secondary dancer
Alfyn with secondary cleric
Therion with secondary warrior

I do want to level up Olberic for the dueling though. I was thinking making my 4th to be Olberic with secondary thief, basically the reverse so I didn't have to grind him so much to duel but I'm not too worried. Therion is my 4th character who I swap out when I need another in the party.

I also try to keep everyone on the same chapter. I'll do all the chapter 2's before I move to Chapter 3 etc etc

I also think that's exactly why every area and chapter has a level reccomendation. So you can choose to do it on level for the challenge or do it levelled way higher to make it easier. It's a very good design choice by the developers. You don't have to try it to know the rough difficulty, you always know before hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom