• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

October Giveaway Contest: Favorite Zelda Quote

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... that is up to you."

My favorite quote has to be "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" The first Zelda game I played was Majora's Mask, this is the only line of the game that truly stuck with me as a child. My second favorite quote is from Twilight Princess. "Shadow and light are two sides of the same coin. One cannot exist without the other."

karu

Panamaniac
Going to have to go with the one that got me hooked on Zelda for life
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" Happy Mask Salesman
Something about that line just drew me in, and I don't regret getting drawn into the world that is Zelda.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
How weird. When asked my favorite quote, only one really comes to mind. "Take care, as there's not much there." - Witch from Link's Awakening. I couldn't tell you why but that sentence always struck me in a pleasing way, maybe the flow? The fact that I finally had figured out how to get the magic powder? Anyway, I like it. For a more meaningful quote, "THE WIND FISH IN NAME ONLY FOR IT IS NEITHER." (sic.)

Last edited:
"If you do the right thing, does it really make everyone happy?" - Moon Child, MM

I went with this instead of Shiek's quotes about friendship, which (along with the HMS's bit about meetings and partings) immediately spoke to me because I'd never paused to consider this particular line before. It really reminds me of the "Wizards' First Rule" series, when the 'wise old man' character lectured the hero about the difference between doing what makes someone happy and doing what's best for a person (a simple example being giving a child lots of sweets).

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
A favorite quote of mine has to be, "Those who do not know the danger of wielding power will, before long, be ruled by it...Never forget that." - Lanayru, Twilight Princess

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Mine would have to be "Your true face... What kind of... face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face? (Child wearing Twinmold's mask) from Majoras Mask I just think it's kinda deep

The quote in my signature haha, I laughed so hard when I saw it for the first time and I wasn't surprised at all when I found out it became a meme.

My favorite serious quote is by Shiek: "Time passes, people move. Like a river's flow, it never ends. A childish mind will turn to noble ambition. Young love will become deep affection. The clear water's surface reflects growth. Now listen to the Serenade of water to reflect upon yourself."

Probably anything the Moon Children say: "The right thing...what is it? I wonder...if you do the right thing...does it make...everybody...happy?"

"I am Error".
...Really, there are quite a few quotes I like, but this one is the first that always jumps to my mind...short and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom