• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Ocean Waves

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Hello, Zelda Dungeon Forum patrons! I know that was random and uncalled for, I just wanted a random entry. So I began reading Jedi Zora's Story of Zordo, and I LOVED it! It was so good in fact, that I decided to start my own story. So if you haven't guessed yet, the title of my story is Ocean Waves, and so far I have been working on the story a fair amount. Currently, I have Chapter 1 finished. Just to let you know, I'll update the story with the new chapters as I get them done by editing this single post, so that way you don't need to scramble for the next chapter. Another thing I want to add is feel free to comment! I know I'm not the best writer, but feel free to comment on what you think of the story so far and tell me what you think could be improved. I'll try to also get the chapters in an album on my profile, but I'm not promising anything. Yet. So once again, feel free to comment or ask questions in this thread, and thanks for reading! (By the way, there are not any indents so PLEASE don't bug me if you notice that there aren't any in the story. Thanks!)

Chapter 1

Waking up is usually easy for me, but today was different. Today waking up seemed almost, if not was, impossible. I normally wake up to my own rhythm, but today I was enveloped within a strange dream. I saw colors swirling around me, the world was unseeable. I merely saw the flooding colors that seemed to be unimaginable to the Veirian eye. The ground appeared both dry and moist at the same time, as if the presence of water was there, but not quite. I heard someone shout my name, “LEO!” At first, I dismissed the shout, but after a repetitive streak of them, it wasn’t possible to ignore it anymore.
My eyes opened involuntarily, revealing to me the source of the shouting. It was my little brother, Evan. I’m older than Evan. I’m 13, and Evan is 8. It was a 5 year difference between us, but me and Evan shared no similarities. For example, I have long, brown hair, and Evan has short blond hair. I have brown eyes, and he has blue eyes. We have the same skin color though, tan with a very minuscule trace of blue (or green, depending on the gender.) Veirians have a very unique life style, and way of living their life style.
The first thing to note is that Veirians are humanoids, however posses some qualities of an aquatic creature. For example, Veirians can hold their breath underwater for a very long time, the longest I can go is 5 to 7 minutes. Veirians can also open their eyes underwater without feeling a sting in their eyes from the water. Finally, Veirians are excellent swimmers. We are able to swim up to 100 mph, as long as we have the necessary resources of course.
“It’s nine o’clock, sleepyhead!” Evan shouted when I awoke. “Do you really want to sleep in late again?”
“Evan, as much as I appreciate you waking me up,” I said putting my bare feet onto the ground, “let me sleep in next time, ok?”
“Fine,” Evan said. “But I woke you up so we could go Wind Boarding today.” I had forgotten about my promise to Evan about going Wind Boarding. You see, for us Veirians, Wind Boarding is a natural sport, almost as if it’s a way of life for us. In Wind Boarding, you get out into the deeper water and wait for the wind to come. Once you get strong enough of a breeze, you’re able to take the wind within your board and shoot the wind out through the back using a vacuum-like magic. However, in order to continue Wind Boarding you need to have the actual wind. One of the things you can also do while Wind Boarding is dip the back end of your board into the water to push yourself into the air, then you’ll be propelled by your own jump along with the wind, and a large amount of wind will be collected so you can go faster.
“Okay, let me get dressed and have breakfast then we can go Wind Boarding, ok?” I replied.
“Ok!” Evan said enthusiastically. Evan then left the room.
Like I said I would, I got dressed in my usual attire. A pair of blue shorts, and a short-sleeved shirt. Today I selected a simple one that was just plain red. After getting dressed, I exited my room and had some breakfast. I had some soup, as it is one of my favorite meals. Around the end of my meal however, I saw a note that was left behind by my mom.

Leo and Evan, off to get food. Be back at 10. -Mom

It was normal for my mom to be off getting some kind of food or supplies, and it was also normal for her to do it in the morning. After breakfast, I left the house.
I live in Dolphin Bay, a small (and sometimes uncharted,) island that is southeast of Dolphin Coast. Dolphin Bay is full of nice people, in fact I can’t name a single person that isn’t nice. Back on the topic of the name of the island, it’s called Dolphin Bay because there’s a large number of dolphins that can be seen along the coast of the island. Of course certain dolphins are rarer and different than others, but seeing a dolphin in general is common and on top of that, fun! I felt the sand on my feet even though I was wearing sandals. I looked around and saw a couple of people, but not many. One of the people I saw in fact, was Evan. Evan was already sitting at the water’s edge with his board. I smiled and even chuckled a bit to myself, but as I got my own board from the right side of my house, I saw Leah.
Leah is the daughter of Dolphin Bay’s mayor, Mayor Aquam. Leah lived a pretty good life being the mayor’s daughter, however she has something against it. Leah hates it when you point out that she’s the mayor’s daughter, and she hates the idea in general. Me and Leah have been friends since we were little. I think we were 5, but I always forget.
I emitted another grin when I saw Leah, and when Leah looked over at me, she waved. Leah has tan skin like mine, and she has long, blond hair. Leah soon walked over to meet me and I did the same.
“Good morning, sleepyhead.” She said.
“Hello to you too, Leah.” I replied.
“Are you going to take Evan Wind Boarding?” Leah asked. I looked over at Evan and back at Leah.
“Yeah, how’d you know?” Leah smiled and said,
“He’s been talking about it all morning. I think by now at least half of the village knows.” We both laughed about the idea of Evan running up to everyone and shouting that I was going to take him Wind Boarding. Believe it or not, the image wasn’t that hard to imagine.
“Anyway,” Leah said. “Are you ready for the ceremony tonight?” I stopped laughing. I had completely forgotten about it. “Don’t tell me you forgot,” Leah said. “It’s been planned for over a month!”
“Well it managed to slip my mind,” I replied.
“Do you even remember what it’s for?” Leah asked.
“Well I can’t really forget that,” I said. “Reason being it’s why we’re having it in the first place.”
“You still need to get ready for it though,” Leah said. “It’s at 5 o’clock.”
“I knew that,” I replied while picking my board out from the sand. “I just forgot the date.” I began to walk toward Evan.
“At least be ready by tonight,” Leah called as I walked away. “I don’t want you getting hurt!”
“You really think I’ll be careful?” I called back. As I walked further away, I could barely hear Leah mutter, “What am I gonna do with him?”

Chapter 2

Me and Evan got onto our boards and slowly swam out to the deeper water. Thankfully, there was a good amount of wind for a beginning Wind Boarder. Not to little wind, but not too much either. At first, I showed Evan the basics. I showed him how to build up enough wind in your board so that you can go adequately far without needing another gust of wind to come your way. It took Evan a while to get it and stay up on his board, but once he got it and managed to stay up for a while without falling off, I got to teaching him the next part of Wind Boarding; jumping.
It actually wasn’t too hard to get Evan to jump, specifically because Evan would lean backward anyway. One thing that amused me was that Evan had been able to do some pretty good jumps when I was trying to get him just to stand up, then when I was trying to get him to jump he didn’t get it, and he wasn’t able to do it. After Evan was finally able to jump on purpose, I had Evan race me back to shore.
Evan was a bit far behind at first, but after a while he managed to catch up and even get ahead of me a couple of times. It was actually pretty fun! On the way back to shore however, I saw a gray fin that was undoubtedly the fin of a dolphin. I called to Evan, and after a couple of yells, he finally turned around and came to see the dolphin. When we got closer, the dolphin came up from underneath the water to come and say hello. I identified the dolphin as a foam dolphin. They are called that because their skin is gray enough to be seeable, however white enough to look like foam. Foam dolphins also prefer to swim with the flow of the foam.
However, Evan got distracted fairly quickly and then he told me he’d head back to shore. I told him I’d meet him there, because I wanted to play with the dolphin. I know that was a bit childish, but something just lured me toward it. I followed the dolphin as it swam, and after a couple minutes of that, I reached out to pet it. I was very cautious because the dolphins are very common to see, but you need to have true luck or trust with a dolphin in order to pet it. As I slowly reached out however, the dolphin didn’t flinch.
When my hand touched the dolphin, my fingers tingled. It almost seemed like I had just remembered something that I had forgotten long ago. The dolphin seemed to purr. I know dolphins don’t purr, but it seemed like this one did. After a couple of seconds, the dolphin submerged into the water once again and swam away. I felt my hand, and it felt smooth, just like the dolphin had.
I got back to Dolphin Bay a little bit after ten, and sure enough when I walked into my house my mom was waiting for me. At first, my mom welcomed me home, but soon that warm welcome turned into a slightly bitter scolding for letting Evan come home all by himself. I told my mom that it was fine because we were already so close to shore, but I still was scolded. I didn’t get a punishment, but what I was worried about was the ceremony tonight.
You see, Veirians always have a tradition of when someone becomes 14, they become what is known as a Guardian. Guardians are supposedly chosen heros who will one day in life accomplish a major task that will help the world. Very few people actually believe this legend however, but a couple of people still do. Personally, I still believe in the legend. Partially because tonight I am going to become a Guardian, however I think another part of it is the traditional story of the Great Guardian. The Great Guardian was said to travel all across the land and helped save the world from a mysterious and ominous evil.
However, one of the issues with the ceremony is that in order to become a Guardian, you need to pass a trial. Each trial varies with each village and race. For Veirians, the trial is proving that you are dedicated to helping the ocean. In other words, helping an ocean creature or ocean plant. Of course, Guardians need to have a weapon in order to help the world, and the soon-to-be Guardian is able to use their weapon during their trial.
I thought about the entire situation I was getting myself into by wanting to become a Guardian. Of course because I’m 13, and you become a Guardian at the age of 14, today is my birthday. Unfortunately, people at Dolphin Bay don’t wish you happy birthday until it becomes the time of your birth. I was born at 5:30 P.M. so that’s why the ceremony is being held at 5 o’clock. Every ceremony for the people at Dolphin Bay begins half an hour before the Veirian’s actual birth, so that way there’s time for the ceremony to begin, everyone to get settled, and the announcement of the actual trial itself.
I have to admit, the most exciting thing that happened to me that day was feeling that strange feeling when I touched the dolphin. I know that’s kind of sad, especially on my birthday, but there wasn’t much I was able to do. However I did go for a quick swim, but the true reason I did was because I wanted to see another dolphin and see if I could experience that feeling again. Sadly enough, all I found while swimming was a couple of fish and some coral and seaweed. I tried to focus on the Guardian ceremony that was later that day, however it was a bit hard with Evan yelling at me about how cool Wind Boarding was. After finally managing to get Evan to shut up, I went to my room and slept until the ceremony later that night.

Chapter 3​

When I awoke, I found it was 4:50, which meant there was 10 minutes until the ceremony. I quickly hopped out of bed and made sure I had everything I would need for the ceremony-which wasn’t much, obviously clothing and shoes, the rest would be supplied to me there-and after my metal checklist was completed, I began proceeding toward the mayor’s house on the top of the hill on the eastern side of the village. One thing to note about the ceremony is that your family must come to the hill early as your parents are not allowed to help you by giving you hints on the trial. However even with that stupid but smart law, my mom didn’t pass her trial, and therefor she never was knighted as a Guardian. That fact is really her secret and she doesn’t like others to know of her failure, but I don’t really care.
I eventually reached the top of the hill, and basically everyone from the village was already there. I kinda felt abandon being the last person there, but it was tradition so I didn’t feel too bad. I looked around for Leah, however I was sad to see that she was talking with her friend, Sandra. Sandra has very similar features that the mayor does; black hair, tanned skin, and Sandra even wears the same style of clothing. Sandra normally wears a white skirt and she usually puts her hair in a ponytail. Occasionally, Sandra will also wear fingerless gloves that have starfish on the back. Personally, I think Sandra is trying to suck up to the mayor, but most don’t think so at all. I’m telling you, they’re all brainwashed.
Simply because Sandra was there made me somewhat avoid Leah for a while, but what I wanted to do first was find one of my other friends. His name was Gale, and Gale was actually another one of my friends from early childhood. Like Leah, Gale was always there for me and he was there to help me and play with me when I needed someone to help me or I needed someone to play with. Gale has black hair like Sandra’s, but the length of his hair is like mine. Long, but for a guy. Gale also had tan skin like mine, however Gale’s skin, as a Veirian’s skin should, has a trace of green. However, the greenness in Gale’s skin is actually more vibrant and distinct than other Veirians, even my secondary skin color-which by the way is blue-possesses less brightness than Gale’s. Some Veirians are a bit jealous of this, but I don’t mind at all. Today, Gale was wearing jeans like me, along with sandals and a dark blue short-sleeved shirt.
“Gale!” I called when I saw him. He turned to look at me and once he saw me he smiled and walked over.
“So how’s my soon-to-be Guardian?” Gale asked putting his hand on his sword hilt.
You see, Gale was already a Guardian. Gale was actually 15, so he was one year older than me. As of such, Gale had already had his ceremony and passed his trial. He had actually stopped a Spearpoint Shark from eating a dolphin by waving his sword right in front of his face. Of course, if he had hurt the shark then he would be defending and harming ocean creatures, so he scared the shark away harmlessly. The funny thing is, Spearpoint Sharks are normally only scared by the smell of another Spearpoint Shark, as their kind are ruthless and will eat basically anything it can find. Spearpoint Sharks are called that because of their pointed body that comes together at a rounded point at the shark’s nose.
Gale had chosen a Gale Sword, which he liked in the first place, however after learning the name he decided it was a sign that he needed to use it. Gale Swords are said to be crafted by a blacksmith, however then the blade is left out in harsh winds so the wind will blow against the blade and make it smooth and sharp. Gale swords are also called such because if the wielder swings their sword in the correct way, the sword will blow wind in the direction of the swing. Gale also preferred to hold his sword in the sheathe against his waist, so when he needs to be ready he can reach to his right side and grab it with his left hand, as he is left handed.
“I’m doing surprisingly good,” I replied. “However I am a bit nervous about the entire situation.”
“Don’t be,” Gale said with a smile. “The trial is basically of your own choosing. As long as you see a problem and solve it, you won’t need to attempt a pre-made trial.” Gale’s green eyes seemed to read my emotions and facial expressions as a different kind of language, Gale could always seem to tell what I was feeling or thinking.
Me and Gale sat at one of the tables that was set up and we discussed the trial and what I should do in every situation, including some animals I might encounter. Even though parents aren’t allowed to help you, Guardians of the ages 14-17 are allowed to help other Veirians with their trials.
When the time came, I needed to step onto the stage (which was actually the back porch of the mayor’s house,) and be announced as the Guardian-to-be by Mayor Aquam. After a couple of minutes, I was told to select my weapon of choice for my trial, and if I passed, my weapon for my “Guardian adventures”.
I looked over the weapons at my disposal, and after a couple of minutes of pondering and even a bit of pacing, I chose a sword. However, this sword wasn’t like Gale’s. The sword I had chosen was announced to be Spade Sword, because near the tip of the blade the edges extend into points and come back together at the tip to make the form of a spade at the tip of the blade. When I picked up the sword, it felt surprisingly lighter than I thought it would. The blade was made out of a gray kind of metal, but I couldn’t place it. The handle formed a circle at the bottom so that my hand wouldn’t just slip directly off of the blade, and at the top of the blade it stretched out to two more circles, one on each side. The circle on the hilt and the two circles where the blade began had holes through them, and around the handle was a really dark blue fabric that showed where my hands were to be. The blade however seemed to gleam with the remaining sunlight that was left in the sky, and the blade was wider at the bottom, and then got thinner as it went up. However as I said before, the tip has a spade shape to it.
After the mayor announced that it was a Spade Sword, I swung the sword around a few times just to get the feel of it. In the back of the crowd, i saw Gale smiling and nodding his head.
“Now that Leo has chosen his weapon,” Mayor Aquam boomed, “He must find and complete his trial!” Every Guardian in training must proceed down a certain route around the village, and sometimes even around the entire island, however I was lucky enough to not need to go around the entire island. The first stop on my route though, was the shoreline.
I walked down to the shoreline as instructed, and the crowd of Veirians followed like a batch of stalkers. I walked across the entire shoreline, and heard nor saw nothing of interest, so I began to walk onward on my route. However, as I was about to leave the shoreline, I saw a fin. Slowly walking into the water, the fin revealed itself to be a dolphin. But not just any dolphin, it was the dolphin that me and Evan had seen while Wind Boarding. The dolphin examined me as I came close, and when I got closer, I leaned down and patted it.
The crowd mumbled as it’s rare that you’re able to pet a dolphin. As soon as I touched the dolphin however, I heard a female sounding voice that said, “Follow me.” The dolphin submerged into the water, and as scared as I was, I instinctively followed it out into the open ocean.

Chapter 4​

Swimming out into the ocean was the easy part, reason being as a Veirian, I was able to swim fairly quickly (about 20 mph to be exact because the current was against me,) and I was able to hold my breath underwater for 5 to 7 minutes. My preferred swimming stroke is-like the animal of my home-dolphin stroke. For some reason I can execute the swimming style perfectly without needing to practice it.
I followed the dolphin very far out to sea, and eventually, the dolphin lead me to one of the most dreaded places in my entire village, Cerulean Cove. Cerulean Cove is actually a cavern located far out in the ocean, and is dreaded by most if not all Veirians because it is said to house a legendary demon. One that the Great Guardian had fought himself. Of course, the demon was revived from that time, however the heartless appearance and goals remained.
The demon is known as Cyrulous, Demon of Cerulean Seas. So obviously that is one of the reasons the cavern is called Cerulean Cove. The part of the name that is cove was obtained by the fact that Cerulean Cove used to simply be an isle that was much smaller than Dolphin Bay, however Cyrulous drowned the isle (and its labyrinth of twisted tunnels) underneath the sea. Some say that it was do drown the Great Guardian himself, who was within the labyrinth, however others say it was to protect a treasure that the Great Guardian used in his quest. Either way, the legend has to do with the Great Guardian.
After reaching Cerulean Cove, I took a large gulp of air and plunged toward the underwater death trap, and hoped that I would be able to escape the retched place alive. The dolphin seemed to slightly back away from the entrance to the cavern when it got closer, and when it looked at me it seemed to gesture for me to come over toward it. I swam closer, and still the dolphin seemed to gesture, so I slowly put my hand on the dolphin, and when I did, I heard the voice again. This time, I knew it was the dolphin that was somehow speaking to me.
“This is Cerulean Cove,” The dolphin said. “My friend is trapped within that labyrinth, and trapped by the demon Cyrulous.” I, being a Veirian, was able to speak underwater to it. Somehow, Veirians can talk underwater, but they need to hold their breath. No one knows why, but that’s the way everything works.
“So the demon truly exists?” I asked.
“Correct, but do not fear of your supply of breath, there are rooms with fresh air scattered throughout this place.”
How did you know that I’d help?” I asked the dolphin.
“When you petted me the first time, I could read your thoughts instead and I heard you think of the ceremony, however it was deep within your mind.” the dolphin replied. “Now that you’ve touched me a second and third time, you can hear what I think.”
“Before I face this demon…” I began mumblingly, “what should I call you?”
“Call me Bay,” Bay replied.
“Bay,” I began to ask, “Do you know the way to defeat the demon within here?” I couldn’t help it, but my voice was getting more nervous and shaky.
“Sadly, I do not.” Bay replied. “But you posses more wisdom than you realize, you’ll figure it out. Just remember what you can do, as you can do it with most animals.” I nodded. I then suddenly remembered my limit of air, and I quickly rushed up to get more air, then I just as quickly plummeted back down to the ocean floor and entered the dark cavern.
I gotta say, that place was creepy! As soon as I entered, there was a very large and almost perfectly rounded tunnel that plummeted at a slant downward deeper into the labyrinth. Near the end, I was running out of breath. Soon however, there was a sudden-and almost direct-slant upward that I saw lead toward air. Instinctively, I swam as fast as I could to the surface.
When I broke the surface, I dived directly out of the water and landed on my stomach (comforted by my arms of course) directly onto a rough, rocky ground. I breathed very quickly, almost as if I was hyperventilating. When I recovered, I felt the ground and the walls. They were moist as I had suspected, and I saw ahead some kind of door. I ran up to it, and I saw right away that it bore some kind of strange symbol, as if the symbol had two U’s-one on each side-and the side of the U facing toward the center of the symbol went further up. In between the strange U’s there was what seemed to be a raindrop with a circle within it. I rubbed my hand over the symbol and I felt a certain warmth to it. However, I couldn’t quite place it.
Suddenly, I felt the entire cavern rumble and I fell to the ground straight onto my back. I managed to open one eye despite the strange urge to close them, and I saw a ton of rocks that were falling from the ceiling of the cavern into a pile. The shaking suddenly stopped. It was almost as if there had been an earthquake. With no set goal, I stood up and brushed myself off. After doing so, I looked and felt around the pile of rocks and tried to find a way to remove them all. After managing to pry a couple loose, the rest almost easily followed.
After finally managing to get all of the rubble dislodged, I fiddled with the door for about 10 minutes. I don’t even remember what I tried, but I finally opened the door when I slid it to the right side. It then rolled easily out of the way.
The next room I was in was sort of like an underground lake. It was essentially a giant cavern with a giant pool of water in the middle of it, and a giant round door on the other side of the room. I ran up to the giant door, and I found that there was a small lock on it, right at the place where I could reach it. I then noticed that I didn’t have a key, so I pulled out my Spade Sword and I tried to cut the lock off of the chains it was connected to.
After a couple minutes of that however, another earthquake commenced, however this one felt as if it was coming from the other side of the door. I managed to stay on my feet, but fairly quickly a large pillar seemed to sky rocket out of the ground and launch me onto a suddenly appearing platform in the center of the deep pond in the middle of the room.
I didn’t even realize that the platform was there, and I then realized that it hadn’t been there before. It had risen out of the lake, during the earthquake. Suddenly, as if there wasn’t anything else that could go wrong, the water began to shake and then out of nowhere I saw the large body of a serpent come in and out of the water. The body was slimy in appearance and with green and blue scales that covered all I could see. I had seen no head or eyes, but I saw several torn fins that rose out of the water and submerged themselves into the water. I also saw a very large fin at the end of the body, which I assume was the serpent’s tail.
I heard a growl behind me, and when I turned around I was face-to-face with a green and blue scaled head of a cross between a Spearhead Shark and a lion. The monster’s yellowish reddish eyes seemed to freeze me in my place, and when I got up the courage, I drew my sword and prepared to fight. The monster I was facing was a rare and deadly Lakebed Shark Lion. The name of course wasn’t original, however the sheer size and brute strength of the beast is what counts. Especially with it’s plaque covered fangs. It’s fangs were huge, and with the pale yellowness of them scared me to death.
Without a plan, I wove my sword around as if I could actually do something to the beast, and I actually managed to slash and even slightly tear the skin that was leading into one of it’s nostrils. The beast growled a bit more after pulling away and when it roared the monster bared it’s teeth and roared a terrifying roar of evilness. (I know that’s a made up word, but roll with me.) When it roared however, a sick greenish blood shot from the wound I had made. I also saw the beast’s tongue. There, on the end of the tongue, was a large sphere that had followed an indent that almost separated the tongue and the sphere-like end to it.
After recovering from my instant fear, I tried to lure the beast toward me and tried to taunt it to roar one again by getting closer and immediately backing away. Strangely, it worked and the beast roared once again. At that, I readied my sword and I then managed to barely scrape the sphere. Following my slash, the monster cried in terror as a yellowish puss emitted from the spherical end. I became a little bit squeamish, but I quickly got over it as the monster took it’s tail and lifted me into the air.
Sadly, I dropped my sword when I was suddenly lifted into the air and I was then face-to-face with the beast. The monster then opened it’s jaw wide and prepared to swallow me whole. In a final and desperate attempt, I put my hands on the face of the beast and looked into it’s eyes. As soon as I did, I saw something. It could’ve just been me, but I swore I had seen the entire monster flash red. Following the flash, the monster roared and bared it’s tongue once more.
Instinctively, I reached for it’s tongue, and as soon as I grabbed it, I felt something, something that seemed to fill me with an extra strength. I felt alive.

Chapter 5​

I felt alive, and I felt like something that was… well… nothing I had never imagined before! The monster once again flashed red, however this time the flash lasted longer, and I saw that I had begun to glow a very light blue, the color of the ocean waves that seemed so far away from where I was now.
The monster’s tail released it’s grip, and I fell to the ground. I calmly walked over and picked up my sword once again, ready for battle. As soon as I picked it up, the sword also glowed light blue and the blade seemed to go on endlessly into the darkness that was no longer there. I raised my hands, and suddenly all the water around me lifted out of the moat-like area that was around me and surrounded me. The water lifted me up and I plunged straight at the monster’s mouth.
One swipe of my blade finished it. I had taken my attack seriously and the blueness of the blade swung across the entire room, and I heard a sound like a crashing wave, only different, fill the room. And just like that, the monster fell limp into the water that now seemed like a puddle to me. The body of the serpent fit perfectly into the area.
I then watched as the water fell toward the ground and I then fell with it, however softly, like a feather. When I landed on the ground, I was no longer glowing with the color of the skies, but with my normal shade of skin. I couldn’t believe what had just happened, and over and over again I looked at myself expecting myself to be glowing, however no illumination came.
Several of the rocks and stones from across the way came and built a sturdy bride across the water, and I realized that I had no key for the large door. Then, I looked toward the dead beast. It’s head rested so close to me, I could reach out to it’s tongue, and slash it open with my sword. Out of a disgusting yellow puss and saliva, came a small and silver key.
I then went over again to the door and I used my newly obtained key to unlock the lock and to open the door. However, opening the door was the easy part. What followed my reckless little adventure would probably make you cower in fear until you finally died of fear.
As soon as I unlocked the door, it opened, and I walked into a very large stone room with a very, VERY large pond in the center surrounded by a large, rounded wall of rocks. When I stepped into the room however, the door closed behind me, and I knew I wouldn’t be able to move such a big door. I walked a couple of steps forward, and all of the torches on the rounded wall lit up, revealing a bride leading to a perfectly circular platform in the center of the water. On the platform, there was a chest.
I looked around before doing anything, then I ran forward to the chest when the coast was clear. When I reached the chest, the bride magically rose out of the water and turned around on it’s side to finished the rounded wall that surrounded me and the platform. I got a bit scared at that point, but I still opened the chest and found a small clear stone.
At first I thought it was a marble, but after a bit of inspection, I realized it was crafted out of a see through metal substance that was, I assumed, unbreakable. After a couple of seconds examining the stone, I saw a small blue sphere form within the see through sphere. Then, the marble-like thing felt sort of warm.
Then, like before, a large earthquake ensued. I saw rocked and boulders fall out of the ceiling into the water and make huge splashes that shook the platform I stood on. What I didn’t see, was the wave of water that had moved when I thrust my hand over my face. What I did see however, was a large scorpion-looking tail that was sticking out of the water right in front of me.
I quickly drew my sword and I tried to slash at the tail, however my sword was knocked from my hands by the tail when it grabbed my sword, and I was left alone with my own strength and the blueish marble because my sword had been knocked into the water, and sank. The tail continued to assault me, and jab after jab I avoided the strikes.
Finally, I was directly attacked, and with nowhere to run, I raised my right hand quickly and I saw a geyser of water shoot sideways out of the ring of water and knock the scorpion tail away. I brought my hands down and looked at my newfound weapon, for I saw the mesmerizing glow and realized it was magic.
Quickly, I waved my right hand in an attempt to get the magic to work, however a spray of water came and hit me. It wasn’t painful, but instead, refreshing. I just couldn’t tell why.
As the tail tried to grab me yet again, I managed to hit the tail more directly with the water knocking it into the water. I quickly ran over to the side of the platform and finally managed to use the blue marble to lift my sword out of the murky, dark, depths of the water and into my hands.
Then, the tail lunged at me again. I quickly managed to lift my sword up and slash one of the pincers off of the tail, and the tail quickly ducked into the water along with the lost pincer. All was peaceful for sometime, then another large rumble came out of the peacefulness and out of the rumbling came a large monster-one that was twice as big as the last one.
I saw the scorpion tail that was blueish-red if not purple, and the armored plates followed a very arched back and up to a large whale shaped head and body. On the underside of the monster however, was what appeared to be a soft belly with large and powerful black flippers that were dripping from being submerged in the water. This monster also roared at me, however it was more of a whale’s moan of pain, as if the monster didn’t want to hurt me. I gotta admit, I felt a bit sympathetic toward the creature, but then I heard a voice that seemed to me that someone was right next to me, whispering. It was a woman’s voice, and it said dreamily, yet assertively, “This is the demon of your searches, Leo. Take Ociana’s Waves and defeat this creature, no mercy may be shown…” As the voice drifted off, I said aloud, “Who’s Ociana?”
The demon, who I now knew was Cyrulous, did it’s moaning roar again then dove back into the water. I noticed something that I hadn’t noticed before when it went back in, the tail was healed. The pincer had been reattached. I saw the tail circle me, and I looked at the spell I had obtained known as Ociana’s Waves and once again said aloud, “You are not the color of Cerulean.” At that, the tail sank into the water.
Then, I saw the head of the beast rise from the water directly in front of me. I courageously, and stupidly, stood my ground.
“Correct, Leo.” The demon said. It was her, it was the voice that had whispered to me.

Chapter 6 in progress​

Last edited:

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Whoa thats a lot of text. Amazing job, I probably couldn't do that well. I did notice one slight error. It's Evan and I not me and Evan.

:clap:

Read my siggy!

Sorry, but I really don't care about grammar related errors like that. I don't mean to offend you, but I really just don't care.

By the way, like your sig!

Last edited:

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Okay, after some period of thought that really only lasted about 5 minutes, I will now post a new reply to this thread each time I get a chapter done. That way, everyone (of the people that know this story exists) will know that a new chapter is complete, and the thread will be in bold and be back at the top of the thread list thingymabobber. So to catch up, Chapter 3 is done, and Chapter 4 is in progress!

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Hip, hip, hooray! Chapter 4 of Ocean Waves is completed!!!!! I feel like you guys will enjoy this one, and one thing I urge you to do is try to picture everything in your mind. I tried to use as many adjectives as I could to help! :D

Last edited:

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I know this is a bit late, but chapter 5 is complete and in my opinion, better than ever! I hope you enjoy this chapter as I tried to implement a bit more magic into this one. Hope you like it!

Jedizora

:right:
i hope you don't mind, but look at the title of my newest chapter in story of zordo: Ocean waves. The story is just to good not to mention!

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Chapter 6

“Are you Ociana?” I asked.
“No, I am her servant, Marine.” The monster said. I thought I had known the monster as Cyrulous, however if Marine had told me to destroy her, what was the reason behind that desire and command?
“Why did you try to have me kill you?” I asked Marine.
“To see if you would show me mercy, and to see if you would help me.” Marine replied.
“What do you need help with?” I asked Marine.
“As you can imagine, this is not my true form.” Marine said beginning to swim around the water. “I was cursed to be this monster by an evil power. That power is the same that has revived the demon you are looking for, Cyrulous.”
“If you wanted me to help you, why did you want me to kill you?” I asked. Marine remained silent for some time, then spoke again. “Because it is my fault that Ociana cannot remain in control of the Oceans.”
“What do you mean?” I asked Marine.
“It started long ago…” Marine began. “I was merely a young girl living where you do now, and one day, I found a wounded dolphin. I went and helped the dolphin back to health, then it seemed to tell me to follow it. So of course, I did. I followed it to the Ocean Shrine, which is now said to be unreachable, and I was encountered by the spirit of Ociana herself. She said for helping the dolphin, she would gift me with some of her power. So, she granted me with the ability to move water. Much later, nearer to today, a black cloud formed from above the Ocean Shrine and slowly traveled toward my village. I then heard a strange and corrupted voice say that Ociana was trying to destroy the village, and in response, and to save the one I loved, I went to the Ocean Shrine and used my powers to cover up the shrine’s entrance, so no one would be able to enter or exit. Then, Ociana screamed and the black clouds dashed toward the entrance to the shrine and entered. I had allowed evil to attack Ociana.” I was sitting on the ground at this point, and was somewhat playing with the water with Ociana’s Waves. “At that point, I was so disappointed that I tried to reopen the shrine so that I could enter and defeat the evil, however it didn’t work. I then worked my way here, to the Cerulean Cove, and relinquished my powers into the spell you hold now, Ociana’s Waves. Then, because I was the last defense from evil taking over, the evil came and infected the caverns, transforming me into this monstrous form. I was then unable to see my love again, and as you can imagine, he went off and married another woman.”
“Marine…” I mumbled to myself, now paying attention. Then, I realized something. “Wait, I have the ability to talk to dolphins, why?”
“Not merely dolphins, but all creatures, as well as monsters. You have this ability because you were chosen as the final Guardian to try to save Ociana. You are chosen, Leo. You were destined to be a Guardian.”
“What do I need to do to help?” I asked Marine.
“First, you must travel back to your village and be knighted as a true Guardian,” Marine replied. “Next, your friend that brought you here, Bay, will lead you to the remains of the Ocean Shrine. From there, you can enter the cursed ruins of the shrine, and hopefully defeat the monster that lurks beneath.”
“Wait, how do you know Bay?” I asked finally.
“Because she was the one that I rescued that day.” Marine said softly. “My time is still short, Leo. Even though I will not die yet, I must vanish until I am called again. Good bye, Leo, help Ociana! As my final wish!”
“Wait, what am I to do? I don’t know how I’m going to accomplish my task!”
“It is within you, Leo. You were chosen to be a Guardian. You were chosen to save the Goddess of the Oceans, Ociana. You were chosen…” With that, the voice of Marine faded away with the body of the monster she had become.
“Marine,” I said into the darkness. “I’ll save Ociana. I’ll carry out your final wish.” After those words, the entire cavern began to shake, like before, and several rocks fell from the ceiling, and some boulders almost managed to crush me. I waited for the quake to stop, but this one didn’t die down. After several minutes of the quake, I realized that the entire cavern was going to collapse. I quickly looked around for an exit, and I saw a small cavern beneath the water that I’d barely be able to walk through.
Quickly, I used my newfound spell to part the water and reveal the waves, allowing me to hop down and run forward to none other than a dead end. I stood there, without an explanation. Quickly, the waters came rushing toward me, and I braced myself for death. I hadn’t done it, I hadn’t been able to carry out Marine’s wish. To me however, I thought it sad that I hadn’t even gotten close to carrying out Marine’s wish.
When the water came, I thrust my hands in front of my face and prepared to die. After a couple of seconds without a watery death however, I looked out from behind my arms to see that the water was flowing around me, but not at me. I then looked into my hand to see Ociana’s Waves. It was the magic of the spell. With it, I realized, water would always flow around me, but not at me, so I couldn’t possible run out of air.
As fast as I could, I walked around the large platform in the center of the room, and then climbed back onto it.
“How am I going to get out of here?” I said aloud. As if in answer, the water splashed in front of me and I heard a cracking sound. I looked ahead at the bridge that had been in place when I entered the room, the one that had become an unattached wall. I quickly got to work pushing and pulling the water to hit the wall in an attempt to knock it down, and eventually, I was able to do just that.
I quickly left the room and lengthily worked my way back to Bay outside Cerulean Cove. Bay looked at me pleadingly, as if she was asking what had happened.
“Bay,” I said quietly. “I’m sorry. Marine is gone.” Bay shed a tear, which showed to me that even animals had feelings. I needed to understand more however, so I slowly reached out and touched Bay.
“You mean she’s… dead…?”
“No, she’s not dead.” I replied. “She’s just… gone.” I felt sorry for Bay, as the one person who understood her, and the person who helped her when she was dying, was now gone from known existence.
The swim back to Dolphin Bay was quiet, except for the obvious splashing of water every other second, which goes without saying. Seeing everyone waiting at the shore of the beach, I slipped Ociana’s Waves into my pocket and slowly walked up to greet the residents of the village.
Immediately, I was embraced by my mother, as well as Leah. The mayor looked at Bay, and when Bay made her cute little chirping noise, the mayor declared that I had, “helped one of the animals that our fair village was named after.” In short, I had passed my trial. I was now a Guardian. Gale came to pat me on the back, and I felt good knowing that I had become a Guardian. But now, I had another task. I had to help the Goddess of the Oceans, Ociana.
“Gale,” I said as we climbed toward the mayor’s house. “Do you know your way to the Ocean Shrine?”

NEW CHAPTER!!!! HOORAY!!!
Sorry it took so long, I took a break from writing for a while because of lack of good ideas and a bit of boredom, but now I'm back, and with a vengeance! Anyway, Chapter 6 is done and I hope you enjoy the confusion and piecing togetherness of it as much as I liked writing this!

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Things to note about this chapter. I have named it, as I will from now on, and I will most likely include pictures of what I am trying to clearly explain. Sorry this chapter took so long, as I was doing other things, like playing MM for instance. Anyway, hope you enjoy it!

Chapter 7 Ceremony of the Guardian

After explaining to Gale my adventure in Cerulean Cove on the way up to the Mayor’s House, Gale seemed awestruck that I had already done so much. However, I left out the part about my and my sword turning blue. I also left out the part about obtaining Ociana’s Waves.
“So you’re saying that you want me to accompany you to the Ocean Shrine?” Gale asked once again.
“Of course, you’re the only one that I know can help me.” I said back to him. “You’re also the only one who is capable of helping me along with me trusting you.” I smiled while I said this, and Gale seemed to enjoy the compliment as well.
When the population of the village reached the Mayor’s House, I was once again brought up onto the porch and another ceremony began. The ceremony didn’t seem long to me, but it seemed to be for the others watching me. The entire time I thought about what I needed to do, the entire quest I would soon embark on, and what I needed to do to accomplish this insane goal.
Near the end of the ceremony, I was gifted with the usual for the Ceremony of the Guardian. I was gifted with a map of the land of Ziro, the world in which Dolphin Bay was part of. I was also gifted with a watch, which was new to the ceremony.
The watches all around the land of Ziro were simply a small round plate, which could be forged out of any material. The plate was then cut and strapped onto a leather band which was bound to my wrist, my left, because I’m right-handed. Finally, small half triangles coming from the north, south, east, and west sides of the plate met in the middle with their points, so that when the sun or moon moved across the sky, the light from the sun or moon would make a shadow of the points which would point to a number, which signified the time of day. Of course, that meant that on cloudy days I would be unable to tell the time, but watches were rare in any case, so I accepted it with gratitude.
Finally, I was gifted with robes worn by the guardians. The robes were made with a smooth and soft cloth that formed a long sleeved tunic. This particular one was dark blue. Along with the tunic, I was given a belt which went around my waist and across my chest and finally over my shoulder. The belt was made this way so that my sword’s sheathe could be attached and hung from the belt.
Along with all of that, I was given hard leather gauntlets that wrapped around my wrist and about half of my forearm to protect my wrists in case of an attack. I decided to stick with the kinds of pants I currently wore, however I was then persuaded to accept leather boots. After I was given all I needed, I was presented with a Guardian Tablet.
Guardian Tablets are magical artifacts that have been inscribed with Ancient Zirian Hieroglyphs, which are said to contain magical abilities and spells. All Guardians are supposed to have a Guardian Tablet to prove that they are true Guardians. Guardian Tablets are also used for unique spells and abilities that only Guardians can use or possess.
My name being Leo, meant that my name only had 3 Zirian Hieroglyphs. However, it is said by Veirians that 3 is a lucky number and is sometimes referred to as the number of destiny.
The Zirian Hieroglyph for L is an hourglass with all straight sides and pointed edges. The Zirian Hieroglyph for e is a circle with a vertical line running through it. Finally, the Zirian Hieroglyph for o is three curved lines that all meet in the center, however bend as if they are meant to bend clockwise, however then make a curve and face counter-clockwise.
Accepting the Guardian Tablet, I stepped down from the porch looking around at everyone, who was either nodding or grinning to themselves. I slowly put the Guardian Tablet away into my pocket and walked toward my mom, who embraced me in a large and warm hug. I looked at my brother, Evan, who was smiling at me, then toward the right. I don’t know what caused me to look right, but I did.
Upon the turn, I saw Leah standing there smiling at me friendly. It made me smile back, and I think I might have even blushed a bit.
After the ceremony was over, me and my family went back to our house and went to bed. However, I could not sleep. I kept thinking about the entire situation and problem I had gotten myself into, and after a long time-and hour, actually-of thinking, I got out of bed and went out onto the shore.
There, at the shore of the water, was Gale.
“You can’t sleep either, huh?” I asked him walking up.
“No,” he said without looking at me. “I can’t.” We both stood there for a while, as if we were both afraid to say what was on our minds.
“When are we setting out?” Gale asked.
“To the Ocean Shrine?” I asked. Gale nodded. “Tomorrow, at noon. That’s when everyone is eating and when we’ll be able to sneak away.”
“Do you not want others to know?” Gale asked.
“I’d prefer that way.” I said back. “I don’t what everyone worrying.” Gale smiled and said,
“You are too giving for others.” I found this odd, as Gale had always been someone who looked out for others.
“What do you mean?” I asked him.
“Others will not be affected by our actions, and if they are then they have their own problem.”
“What do you mean?” I asked him, shocked by his reply. “As Guardians, we’re supposed to help others! Are you saying that we should merely walk away from everyone else’s problems?!”
“I am not exactly saying that, but I am merely suggesting that idea.” Gale said. I stared at him with my mouth ajar, trying to comprehend what would cause my best friend to think such a thing. “Think about it.” Gale said. Gale then walked away from the shore. I stood there, looking out to the ocean.
I actually did think about Gale’s idea, but I pushed it out of my mind instantaneously. I looked back at Gale as he walked away, and he walked back into his own house and closed the door behind him.
“We’re going without him, Bay.” I said eyeing the eyes of the dolphin. The dolphin nodded in agreement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom