• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina's Running Man

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Hey guys, I've always wondered about something very strange in Ocarina of Time. After you become Adult Link and return to the Gerudo Valley, the famous Running Man can be found in one of the Carpenter's tents. He challenges you to a race to the bridge in the Lost Woods. I have literally tried everything and I cannot beat him. I assume it's impossible to do so, but I'm not sure. What do you guys know about this? If it is impossible, what's the point? Is there some kind of secret I don't know about?

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
You cannot beat him, end of question. It's not possible without hacking the game to change his dialogue. If you ever find a video of "proof" that you can beat the running man, that's what they did. The text can't be found anywhere in the actual game's coding.

Maybe the developers just have a good sense of humor. Perhaps it was an inside joke to them. They had to know it would drive people crazy.

There's no way to beat him. I know there's one guy on YouTube who shows a video of him beating the Running Man, but it's proven to be fake. So don't believe any videos or theories: it's not possible to beat him.

MasterLink209

The new guy :)
As they said above you can't beat him. Its just for timing yourself and seeing how fast you can get. I really believe thats how they planed it. Not every side quest must give a reward. :)

Last edited:

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
apparently if you start the race and then go back in time, leave the game on for 7 in game years (about a week) and you'll turn into adult link. go the the bridge and you'll have beaten him.

This isn't me, just a vid i found a while ago:

[video=youtube;XiCtAUrZbUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCtAUrZbUk[/video]

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's impossible to beat the Running Man. The above video is a hex edit of the game text; I do that all of the time. You absolutely cannot beat the RM, as he will always for some reason or another be a second ahead of your time, which is ridiculous. There's no prize, because you cannot beat him.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
apparently if you start the race and then go back in time, leave the game on for 7 in game years (about a week) and you'll turn into adult link. go the the bridge and you'll have beaten him.

This isn't me, just a vid i found a while ago:

[video=youtube;XiCtAUrZbUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCtAUrZbUk[/video]

LoL Whaaaaat?

Leave the game on for a week and you'll beat the running man.. to what purpose?
It's a hack..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom