• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina Vs Harp

Ocarina or Harp?

• Ocarina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harp

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
Okay, whhy is everyone calling it a lyre! it is a harp! in game they call it a harp! no lyre. i liked the ocarina more freedom but harp was more fun. ocarina=notes. harp=rythm

I'd probably have to go with the ocarina because you can make some serious beats on that thing whereas the lyre you can't do as much XD

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I have do say, I did enjoyed the Ocarina much better than the Harp. The Ocarina actually had an abundance of Songs that had many effects. When using the harp you strum the same tune for every song, and there are very few songs. You can also not play the song whenever you want and they all only do one thing and are used only about once. The Ocarina was much better in my opinion.

You can't really do anything with the harp. Its kinda fun, but I think it could've been a lot funer. The Ocarina was awesome. You could do so much more on that thing then just play the songs that you learned. You could change the key and everything!

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Okay, whhy is everyone calling it a lyre! it is a harp! in game they call it a harp! no lyre. i liked the ocarina more freedom but harp was more fun. ocarina=notes. harp=rythm

I'm pretty sure they know the game calls it a harp but it is a lyre. Most people would still call the ocarina an ocarina even if the games with ocarinas called it a flute.

Anyway, when I found out you could walk around while playing the harp lyre in SwS that actually made playing it FUN! It's a feeling I've never got from the Ocarina in OoT or MM. Lyre for sure.

So far I'm really digging the harp in SS. It seems really refreshing and new. IMO the ocarina got overused a little bit, it was in what..3-5+ games?

I like the Ocarina, it had way better usage in the games it was in. And in real life it is much more compact and can carry it with you!

X

Xypher

Ocarina hands down :) The songs on it sounded better in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom