• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time (Zelda's Disguise)

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Yeah I know. There are probably thousands of threads buried somewhere around this forum, but this is something that I never really got to discuss with anyone. I apologize if this has been repeated several times, but I would like to know something really quick if you don't mind.

Its been a while since I played Ocarina of time ,but I do remember most of the storyline including the part where Princess Zelda disguised herself as a sheikah named sheik. Now I'm not going to start an argument about the true gender of sheik since everyone's got their own opinions about him/her but what I would like to know if sheik was actually real or not. Wasn't there some kind of great war that happened while Link was a baby? Maybe sheik died along with the rest of his clan????

My theory about him is that maybe he was real..... he could have died and princess zelda could have taken his identity? what do you guys think? Maybe this is why people are confused about the sheik/zelda issue????

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Well... it kind of feels more like a fan fiction idea rather than a theory. Your going to need some sort of evidence to back that up. However, taking the disguise of a long dead Sheikah seems to be a smart idea.

Sheik is just a disguise that Zelda uses to hide from Ganondorf.
It amazes me that people have all these theory about Sheik,when the game made it clear that it was just a disguise.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
It amazes me that people have all these theory about Sheik,when the game made it clear that it was just a disguise.
You're saying just because a person is in disguise, the disguise can't be of a real person that is living or lived?
That doesn't really make sense. :mellow:
Sheik could have been a real person, and as CWS said, that'd be pretty smart of Zelda to do that. :nerd:

You're saying just because a person is in disguise, the disguise can't be of a real person that is living or lived?
That doesn't really make sense. :mellow:
Sheik could have been a real person, and as CWS said, that'd be pretty smart of Zelda to do that. :nerd:

No what I was saying is that the game gives you no reason to believe that Sheik was ever a real person.
That was what I was saying.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
No what I was saying is that the game gives you no reason to believe that Sheik was ever a real person.
That was what I was saying.

It is like I said before, this really seems more like a fan fiction idea rather than a theory. It lacks concrete evidence or any sort of reference of Sheik being a warrior of the past. (If anyone dares mentions the manga I shall hope that it's possible to Ganon-ban you.)

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!

Well, maybe the creators didn't want to include the incident behind sheik or the shiekah. Though it would've been nice to know what exactly happened to them, but even so... I have to admit it would have probably thrown the whole story "off track".

Anyways.. It was just something I thought might have happened. In my opinion I think it would have made sense since the princess has no skills when it comes to "ninja training".o.oo.o What I don't get is why she didn't tell link who she was in the beginning?

It is like I said before, this really seems more like a fan fiction idea rather than a theory. It lacks concrete evidence or any sort of reference of Sheik being a warrior of the past. (If anyone dares mentions the manga I shall hope that it's possible to Ganon-ban you.)

Darn so much for that idea>.<..... just kidding
I thought the idea of having princess zelda stealing his whole identity would have made a little bit of sense, but I guess it doesn't..... Maybe Impa could have played a part in all of this?

Last edited by a moderator:

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos

Exactly....there's no reason to even suspect he could have been a real person..... Like Charge said...sounds more like a fanfiction idea rather than theory since it has no element to support it.

Didn't Princess Zelda say she took on a disguise (Sheik) to hide from ganondorf and obiviously Sheik is a girl b/c it was Princess Zelda in disguse so Sheik is obiviously a girl!

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Didn't Princess Zelda say she took on a disguise (Sheik) to hide from ganondorf and obiviously Sheik is a girl b/c it was Princess Zelda in disguse so Sheik is obiviously a girl!

Oh, I don't care about sheik's gender. Everyone has their own opinions about that. What I was wondering is if sheik could have really existed or not. To me Princess zelda doesn't come across as the "tomboy-ish" type. So I highly doubt she knew how to act like a sheikah. Maybe Impa knew this person????>.<

Chris

It has been awhile...
Good theroy but without evidence it is useless.

Though here is what I think, Princess Zelda had to contact Link somehow but was not allowed to leave. Knowing this, she found a costume that was owned by a shiekah and dressed like him/her. She made up her own name from the word Shiekah: Sheik. Then she set out to find Link and met him in the Temple of time.

I don't see how there was already a guy named Shiek. Still, good theroy, though it is just a theroy.

Z

Zeldafan newbie

What exactly is the storyline of Sheik? if heard about her if played her in some games, but all i know is that she is princess Zelda in disguise. is there anymore to the storyline than that?

Looking at just the theory of that possibily, I very much doubt that this would be the case. There aren't a whole lot of Sheikah in Hyrule. and they aren't all that well known of a people. so for Zelda to disguise herself as an existing member of the Sheikah really is a ridiculous theory.

This is why.
The only real reason for Zelda to hide her true identity is she doesn't want Ganondorf to find her. I think safely we can assume based on what I said above he doesn't really know all that much about the Sheikah's either, so he wouldn't know about an existing member of them named Sheik.

how it is.

Zelda chose to disguise herself as a race people knew little about, chose a differnt name to help the disguise, revealed herself at the end.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Another good reason not to disguise yourself as an existing person is what if Ganondorf had some kind of beef with the man called Sheik and Zelda was unaware of this. Even if it's not directly with Ganondorf, they could have some kind of reputation with someone where that person would recognize Sheik, and Zelda would have no clue as to who this person is.

It would be better to make up a whole new disguise of someone who has not existed before in order to start the slate clean as a new identity, which would better protect herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom