• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time (Zelda's Disguise)

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Another good reason not to disguise yourself as an existing person is what if Ganondorf had some kind of beef with the man called Sheik and Zelda was unaware of this. Even if it's not directly with Ganondorf, they could have some kind of reputation with someone where that person would recognize Sheik, and Zelda would have no clue as to who this person is.

It would be better to make up a whole new disguise of someone who has not existed before in order to start the slate clean as a new identity, which would better protect herself.

You've got a point. I never thought of that before....

Easily possible, but there's no proof.

Judging from the fact that the name is somewhat unoriginal (a Sheikah named Sheik?) I'd say not. But that's just me.

I actually have used this idea in a fanfic (well, fangame rather) and I do like it. I just don't think it's true canonically speaking.

F

fiercedeity

okay look people.
this isnt even a big deal.
zelda just disguised herself as someone to not be noticed by ganondorf, its not meant to be so confused about. there is no story behind sheik. just someone made up by zelda to help link and not be noticed at the same time.

and to end any further confusion, sheik is thought to be a man in OOT.
there are parts where navi says "he" referring to him.
=]

I'm not going to start an argument about the true gender of sheik since everyone's got their own opinions about him/her but what I would like to know if sheik was actually real or not. Wasn't there some kind of great war that happened while Link was a baby? Maybe sheik died along with the rest of his clan????

My theory about him is that maybe he was real..... he could have died and princess zelda could have taken his identity? what do you guys think? Maybe this is why people are confused about the sheik/zelda issue????

I don't think this is why people are confused, though I kind of see the point, is like when girls dress up as male characters in animé conventions, hahahah.

I honestly don't think Sheik existed before, but I suppose the argument could work, heheh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom