• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Water Temple...

Hey guys, I know this might sound like a complete disgrace towards Zelda fans, but I've only ever started playing Ocarina of Time for the first time in my life just a few months ago. :)
Now's almost the time to enter the apparently most horrific temple ever, the Water Temple.
Personally, the Fire Temple was always stressing me out and I just couldn't get through it easily, and I remembered rumors that the Water Temple is supposed to be worse. :(

Now, before I enter the apparently horrific dungeon, is there anything you guys want to say that might be useful to me while in said dungeon? :)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Be very thorough in your search for small keys. Check everywhere you can think of, and get them all right off the bat. You're gonna need to find them first if you want to progress quickly. Also, have a couple fairies with you for the miniboss battle. ;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes, I highly recommend using the Dungeon Map and Compass, as Seth noted. These two items, once acquired, will make your life so much easier in that dungeon. Another tip I have is to do everything you possibly can on the lowest level, then raise the water (or lower it) to the MIDDLE level, do everything possible and check back in the lowest level, then go all the way up to the highest level and raise the water there, rinse and repeat.

As a last resort, you can always consult this baby:
Ocarina of Time 3D Walkthrough - Ocarina of Time Walkthrough

Good luck! I just ran through the Water Temple the other day, and it honestly isn't as bad as I would like to exaggerate...it just takes patience is all! :yes:

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Make sure that you explore everywhere you can on every level as early as possible.

Also a BIG thing would be to keep mental notes of places you can't reach, because you WILL have to do some regressing

Yeah, as they have all stated, the water temple is all about knowing your surroundings. It's probably one of the few dungeons where you will visit every room multiple times, and this is important. The more you study the rooms, the more you use your map and compass, and the more thorough you are in your search for small keys the more successful you will be... Good luck, take it slow, and study those rooms!

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
Look for keys and every area you can reach. As i rememberer if you see any contraption you work, don't use it until you've done all you possibly can. Because I love using everything I can get my hands on and it completely messed me up I had to start over. So, keep fairies, supplies and you are on your way...

This one's going to be obvious
but don't forget to get the Zora's Tunic from the Zora King by unfreezing him
I forgot to do this, and ended up being timed about 1min every time I tried to go underwater (and it's nearly impossible to get through the temple)
Also, do as the others said and get the map and compass, also the memorizing of where hard to reach things are is a great strategy too!
Good Luck! :)

on the 3DS pay attention to the walls, their are coulord paths on the wall ( green ,blue and a redish i think). each seprit color will lead you to a switch that controls the water level. that will save you time if you remember this.

Don't forget where the locations of the triforce emblems are that change the water level. There's nothing more annoying then trying to remember where those switches are. Other than that, try build an image in your head of the layout of the dungeon, if you take it slow you should be ok.

I can only echo what other people have said and advise to try to remember exactly where you have been. Look for things that might not be possible to use/do on a first time in a room and remember those for later.

I really enjoyed the temple on my first play through all those years ago. It had the exploration that I love in a game and I don't see why it's got the tag of being a hard dungeon. Perhaps I just enjoy the frustration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom