• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Ocarina of Time Vs. Majora's Mask

zellinkda

one of many
PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU HAVE PLAYED AND FINISHED BOTH GAMES! thank you. sorry if this thread has already been made but...

the time has come to decide. which is a better game in your opinion? OoT, a magnificent 3D game that captured the hearts of millions. or MM, Oot's scary yet fantastic sequel, that fans beg to remake.

happy new year!

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
this has been done a number of times already so i'll do what i always do, show you my video:

[video=youtube;hLaoBzj0CmY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLaoBzj0CmY[/video]

I like them both but OOT seems more simplistic and more about each dungeon. MM is a lot more complicated, especially when I first played it around the age of 10. It has a ton of things you have to do before you can even get into a dungeon, and you have to be sure you're ready to go back to day 1, otherwise you risk having to repeat a lot. I like the idea of MM and it's fun when you know what you're doing, but overall I prefer OOT.

After replaying both this past summer, my vote goes to Ocarina of Time. I do feel that Ocarina of Time is a bit more noobie friendly than Majora's mask. I am sure many more people have beaten OoT and far less have beat MM.

S

Syxx66

I vote Majora's Mask. It's my favorite video game ever, and Ocarina of Time just can't stand up to it. Plus, I've 100%'d Majora's Mask.

in terms of story, characters, depth, side quests, and overall feel, majoras mask.
total fav~

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Majora's Mask. It had so much depth that not many games have anymore. All of the characters had a personalty and a intersteing story to tell. The story was deep. The game was creepy and sad but in a good way. The transformation was a great idea that I wish could be brought back in another Zelda Game. All these things mixed together give a great game. Now don't get me wrong. Ocarina of Time was great in all aspects but Majora's Mask went beyond what most games can do.

I think Majoras Mask because of the dark and eairy feeling...also because majoras mask you dont just play as a hyrulian child, you also get to play as a deku shrub, a goron, a zora, a giant, and a diety.

Mickaroo

Call me Micky
Personally, I do find Majora's Mask better than Ocarina. I think it had a more developed storyline and crazy good character growth. The dungeons were sort of a step up from Ocarina--even if there were only four (too short...). But they are both great games and deserve to be recognized as such :)

Majora's Mask all the way!!!!
My Reasons well... OOT I played to death, and lacks a story to me, Majora's Mask I'm still finding fun out of it, and the Story is 100% then Oot, plus you can do things you can't do in OOT, Like a Perfect 3 Day challenge!

this is one thing i usually cant decide. i think that oot has the better replay value and layout of the land. MM though has a much more involved story. the only reason i dont replay it as much is the length of the dungeons and their difficulty. no matter how many times i play them, i still get confused lol! the ocarina temples can be done in much less than an hour.

OOT you can fly though to complete it again
MM not so much, it needs more dedication

ill still probably say i prefer MM, but between the two, i play OOT a lot more

B

Banjolado

I love the creepy story from MM,and the characters are well developed.Majora's mask is better,no doubt

A

Averi

I don't think either one can be considered "better" than the other; it all boils down to the individual. Majora is better for a more hard core gamer as it is more difficult overall and requires more strategy, the story is darker and more intertwined. Ocarina is more easily played by the everyman with more straight-forward game mechanics and a more 'classic' story. Personally, I enjoy Ocarina for the fond memories I have, but prefer Majora as an adult for its overall experience.

i have beaten both and more you looked like you did to
also i think both are great and they should make a third ocarina style (even though many other zeldas have been made after these ) but for new and old players to make it fair and keep fans comming but OoT is my fav

OoT is some what hard because u need to beat some weird and long dungeons , but mm has a time limit which makes it more fun still oot

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom