• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Ocarina of Time vs Majora's Mask

Which one?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
M

martynj

The first game i played from the series was OOT and since i've finished it quite a few times, MM on the other hand i've finished only once and didn't enjoy it as much so for me it would be 100% OOT but MM was still a good game.

they wanted to introduce us to a new and fresher storyline and not repeat the same aspects that were in Oot. It also was very challenging and made you think and balance out your time wisely. Also the new transformations were a pretty cool addition to zelda franchise.

Funny enough, I think I'm going to vote MM.

Though in honest opinion, I think "best" can only be set in individual terms. I think it is impossible to be absolute about it. Some people hated the limited time in MM, some people enjoyed that. What puts someone off, hooks someone else.

I've played both and enjoyed both, many times.
They both are very good games to me.

I'm going to vote Majora's Mask as a better game. What OoT did for Zelda and Nintendo can't be ignored. Neither can Majora's Mask be ignored for it's gaming, story and character brilliance.

The dungeons in Majora's Mask were few, but they were interesting to me.

The whole time aspect about Majora's Mask was interesting to me and a lot more engaging than Ocarina of Time.

If Majora's Mask came out before OoT, Majora's Mask would've been in OoT's place. I'm ignoring the fact that OoT was the first 3D Zelda and I'm thinking about it as if it was just another game.

If Majora's Mask didn't have the "Zelda" title to it, I'd still be interested in playing it - because it was just that original. If OoT wasn't a Zelda game, I wouldn't have played it at all, because the story had been done before.

That's my opinion only anyway. I know there are a lot of people who worship OoT. I just think I'm going to be playing Majora's Mask over and over, before I play OoT again.

So Majora's Mask gets my vote.

H

Hero0fTimeLink

I'd go with Majora's Mask because i love all zelda games but I'd love to play games not related to Ganondorf or Zelda.

B

blhand26

Excellent Question!

:hmm: :hmm: :thinking: Ah ha found my opinion lol. I personally think Both were awesome. Right now I'm in the middle of finishing MM for the first time, and so far I have enjoyed it immensely and will probably play it again. (after I have finished all the other Zelda games of course) Although I would say the same for OoT. The only difference in the two I think is that MM makes you think a little harder than OoT. If I was basing my opinion on the story line though I would have to go with OoT. All in all I think both were good and I will probably play them again over and over, but my personal #1 favorite is Twilight Princess. But that's just my opinion.

M

majandro1

Hi I'm new in the forum and I love all of Zelda's game
and I really think OOT y better than MM I really enjoy playing OOT.:)

S

Skull_Kidd

OoT will always be the greatest zelda game!
Don't even compare it to Majoras Mask lol

C

Crystal Clair

I'll compare the whole Oot vs MM to... let's say shoes.

Oot is that classic loafer. It's classic, not straying too far out there and it's just a great shoe to have. MM is a fancy jeweled slipper with maybe stuff like sequins or feathers. It's fancy, high quality, and isn't afraid to do insane stuff. Sure traditionalists won't be into this ostentatious slipper but people who want new and different things will. These same people will find the classic loafer boring while the traditionalists will disagree.

In the end, I think Majora's Mask is the better game because it's filled with such detail with having almost everything in the game useful. Termina makes Hyrule look kind of empty.

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
i think that what it really comes down to is what the question is asking exactly. there are in my opinion 2 ways to ask this question:

which game is better?? and...
which zelda game is better??

do you see the difference?

now when i'm asked a question like this than my answer would be OoT over MM hands down. thats because i view the question as: which makes the better Zelda? of course it would have to be OoT.

OoT is so so much more core to the series. like many have said before me it is traditional. the fact that Link, Ganon, and Zelda herself play such a huge role in this game makes it more true to what a Zelda game is supposed to be. Being the first 3D Zelda, it only makes sense for it to have the type of traditional story that it has. other characters in the game aren't as "intuitive" or "involved" because the game was about character developement with Link, Zelda, and Ganon.

MM on the other hand was also a great game. probably even a better game than OoT...but, its not a core Zelda game. Zelda doesn't even really have anything to do with the story of the game. the world of MM is implied to be some other dimension with a world that seemed doomed to be destroyed. yes this game is very different and very unique as far as story, look, gameplay, and overall feel. thing is that MM does a really good job at improving a game with all of these aspects which makes it a great game. But if this game was not Zeda at all, if Link wasn't the main character, it wouldn't change anything about it. it would still be good, it would still be fun. not that there is anything wrong with that but the fact that it could pass as a non-Zelda makes me choose OoT over MM.

but i'm not saying that thats what it came down to when i made my decision. its just a big factor and i really don't think that many people take this into account when they make this decision. they just choose which one they like more.

Last edited:

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
I agree with Rich. The differences between the games are that Ocarina of time is a truly Zelda game, while MM is a more emotional and personal journey. Everyone has his or her favorite zelda game depending on personal likes and dislikes. I, myself, prefer MM because of the more darker story and characters. Well, that's my opinion.

N

No_fate

MM was rushed. There were a lot of characters from oot that they just took and switched them up a bit. still love both games tho.

G

Glipsprog

Personally, I couldn't even play through Majora's mask (mostly because I rented it) but in the time I was playing it I just couldn't stand the time limit, I don't know why it just really bugged me and I felt like I was being rushed the whole way through the game (though obviously I wasn't). OOT on the other hand I've played through multiple times and enjoy that game a lot. :)

Perhaps I'll give MM another shot now that it's out on the VC.

K

kirbykid45

I definetely liked Majora's Mask alot better than Ocarina of Time. Majora's Mask wsas just alot funner for me. i liked oOT, but not nearly as much as Majora's mask. Don't kill me for saying that.>.>

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Personally, I couldn't even play through Majora's mask (mostly because I rented it) but in the time I was playing it I just couldn't stand the time limit, I don't know why it just really bugged me and I felt like I was being rushed the whole way through the game (though obviously I wasn't). OOT on the other hand I've played through multiple times and enjoy that game a lot. :)

Perhaps I'll give MM another shot now that it's out on the VC.

if you properly learn how to manage time in your favor, you'll see the true beauty of the time system.
The Inverted Song of Time and the Double Song of Time make wonders, believe me.
You should really give another chance to this gem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom