• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Ocarina of Time vs Majora's Mask

Which one?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
I think I prefer Majora's Mask. While the game is significantly shorter than Ocarina of Time, the game can be lengthened considerably by the side quests, which are far superior than Ocarina of Time's, and I actually feel compelled to complete them. I like the break in the formula, because Ocarina of Time really just follows an altered version of A Link to the Past's format. Majora's Mask shouldn't be panned for being different, but rather praised for being unique. My problems with the time mechanic are merely from a story perspective: Many of your accomplishments through the side quests are erased as you travel through time, plus it makes no sense how certain things can remain through the time travel, such as how the bank always has your money.

T

Tetraisawesome

I love ocarina of time. I have played both games, so I can honestly say which one I like better. Ocarina of Time, I like the characters, I like the story line, it just in my opion is a better game.

I prefer Majora's mask simply because of the characters, the story, and the interesting approach on the concept of time travelling and what not.

Majora's Mask. Ocarina of Time is overhyped due to nostalgic purposes only. Major'as Mask had a sick story, intense sidequests, and went deep into the feelings and emotions of other characters in the world of Termina. Majora's Mask is twisted yet beautiful.

Ocarina of time in my opinion was better the MM by story and overall ,but I think that majoras mask was extremely unique in a way that OOT could never have.

I prefer OoT over MM, however none of them are my favorite game.

The reason everyone loves MM is really the reason I dislike it. The three day mechanic, the lack of temples, how dark it was at times, etc.

The only thing I really enjoyed about it was how involved you were with each separate character. That, I believe, you can't take away from the game.

However for the reasons stated above to me it's more of a hassle to play the game and I don't particularly enjoy it that much. It's not even on my top 3 favorite Zelda games. Oh well.

H3roOfTime

Hero of Time
as a younger kid i liked majora's mask a lot because you could change into different things with the masks! but now that im a oldr i like OoT a bit more...

I find it impossible to choose between the two. I liked OoT for its traditional, medieval feel. Playing through the Forest Temple for the first time was such an awesome experience to me, and IMHO, no dungeon since has quite had the same mystique. But MM has a lot more story depth and a dark, surreal feel to it that's very different from OoT, but still insanely appealing. Since I like them each for different reasons, it's like comparing apples and oranges. They're both just great. :)

It's hard to debate. They are both realy good games. I do like ocarina of time better though while my brother wants nothing to do with it and insits that mm is the better one . I like ocarina of time because it has that classic e kind of feel to it and i can just relax while i play it . My brother likes majora's mask because of all the variables of gameplay , that is using alot of different masks to suit your gameplay style . I feel that mm is frustrating at times because of all the going back to the first day ( also one of the reasons my brother likes it so much ). Ocarina of time just feels more comfortable to me and majora's mask feels more comfortable to my brother .

I completely loved ocarina of time, have beaten it several times. When I tryed playing through Majoras Mask, the 3 day timer completely turned me off. I hate timers in general when it comes to video games, and having one that you constantly have to monitor throughout the entire length of the game was a real turn off. I do intend to repick it back up sometime soon just so I can say I've beaten it, maybe the timer won't bother me so much once I delve into the story line.

I prefer Majora's mask because I like the dark eerie adult feel to it and the three day cycle..... except the gilded sword sidequest.

I like Majora's Mask more since it was the first game I played. To me it is funner than OoT, I like the story and intro more. I like the fact that you could do something for the people of Clock Town and try to make them happy. The timelimit didn't really bother me that much and I like the fact that when you fight the bosses they had different music instead of the same music.

Ocarina of Time is a good game but I like Majora's Mask more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom