• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Ocarina of Time vs Majora's Mask

Which one?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
T

tmiln15

i reckon OOT is better because it has a better storyline, it is a longer game thus it has 9 temples. MM is still a great game but you only have 3 days in it, OOT was the first zelda game i played i like OOT better

W

wienerroast

I find that a lot of people prefer more temples then more side quest lol. Personally i find all the temple in OOT to get boring after a while. I mean sure I had a good time doing them for a bit but after a while it just gets repetitive. I find MM to really mix up the entertainment more with better and more side quest and a more "colorful" NPCs. Besides, MM had harder temples then OOT had

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Apologies if I've already replied here, I honestly could not remember doing so if I have XD
In any case... gosh, this is a hard question. For the underlying themes, the characters, the gameplay, and the other intricacies I learned about later, I'd have to choose MM hands down... but... I have to say that actually, OoT manages to win out as my favourite through, predictably, sheer nostalgic value.

You can blame my dad for this one... he never took much of an interest in MM, and never actually got past the 2nd dungeon... so as a consequence I was never that interested in it as a kid. But OoT, well, we would sit for hours together, tackling the dungeons one at a time until finally we were up to rescuing Zelda and saving Hyrule. I can't dispute MM improves and builds upon OoT in more ways that I can count, and once I played it later on and saw just how... deep the game is, I absolutely loved it. But when I came to type that as my answer, there was a little voice in my head reminding me just how much fun I once had playing OoT, and just how much I fell in love with that world and its characters... as cheesy as that just sounded. But that's the voice I have to listen to XD

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
OoT is the better game, based mostly on nostalgia and length of the main quest. I'll admit OoT has flaws (lots of unskippable cutscenes and text) but I think MM's flaws (too few dungeons, horrendous saving system) outweigh OoT's. I still admire MM for its characters, sidequests, mature undertones, and even time limit among other things, so I'm not implying it's a bad game.

Roxas20

"The Key of Destiny"
I believe OoT is better than MM. It gave users that old time feel to it. I did like the way you could save anywhere, and not lose anything (compared to MM). Even though MM continues Link's storyline/quest, I found OoT much more appealing with a classic feel to LoZ gameplay.

T

Tdwprocks

I can see it both ways, Both were amazing games, with awesome story lines, and Good game-play. But I dont think Majora's Mask did as much for the Zelda Series as OoT did. There are many Ideas that were really revolutionary to the Zelda Series. But I think Majora's mask did alot for the series as well, I do not know haha but I gotta say OoT

H

Hokaru

Oh my gosh, this question!? Man...I can NOT decide! I played OOT first so I got accustomed to that one pretty quick. But then I liked all of the fun new things and MM and that caught my interest....I guess I'm on the fence because I liked certain things in one as well as the other, and none really built up over the other for me, I liked em both xD

Sorry for being on the fence LOL but what you guys say is absolutely true...they both have their quirks, but in the end, I can't just pick one!

Diablo

King of Redeads
I say Oot only because I played it first and it did not have the time cycle.

L

lemsklex

Well, it is hard to pick one. OoT brought a lot of new gameplay mechanincs that have stuck in the series (rolling!), but MM had a deeper story, and though it was short, it had a lot of fun side quests. But they were both classics. Still.... MM's time system was cool, though sometimes it made me angry, but OoT' didn't have a lot of fun side things to do.... hm. Tough.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
Ah the never-ending debate between sequel and predecessor. Majora's Mask.
Better graphics, more and better music. More difficult and less annoying gameplay. NPCs that actually mattered, sadder more in-depth plot. More sidequests, and of course the masks were very fun.

Chelsie

tap the galaxy oh (◔ิз◔ิ♪
Ocarina of Time is winning the poll, but I still prefer Majora's Mask :) (as if you couldn't tell by my username :bleh:)

M

MM owns OoT

I think the two games are truly incomparable with any game let alone each other because while I am firmly in the MM camp it's simply a matter of story,innovation,gameplay,sound and how dark you want the game to be. Both are pinnacles of gaming design and are sheerly amazing. Ocarina of time innovates and Majoras mask perfected and built on a story. So while less ground-breaking it was a fundementally better game.(Opinion)

S

SmartAnt

I definitely enjoyed MM more. It had much better dungeons, music, story pacing, sidequests and presentation to cap it all off. I'm really surprised that some people think that OoT is an otherworldly game that can't be compared to anything.(not referring to anyone here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom