• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Ocarina of Time vs Majora's Mask

Which one?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
S

Sarah_Zelda

Yeah, It's hard to chose between MM and OoT. I liked the jumping on MM, loved how Zelda/Sheik played a huge part in OoT, and I loved x 10000000 how the music was on both, but preferred MM. MM was harder for me, with the time restriction and stuff, but I loved the flying zora glitch, and the other glitches people found. although OoT was what started me playing video games when I was 5, I think I'll have to say that MM was my favorite, although my sister still runs screaming out of the room everytime link changes to anything where he screams or yells or whatever between the change ;)

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
Ocarina of Time, no question. Actually, Majora's Mask was the first N64 Game I ever got, so it was a bit awkward to play the sequel first. Majora's Mask felt great for my first 3D Zelda experience, but it kept lacking something. I didn't like the 3-day time limit, but the storyline was great. The game was also very challenging.

But, when I finally got Ocarina of Time, it was all I could ask for and more. Both were great games, but Ocarina of time just stands out from all other 3D Zeldas.

R

Rheks

MM was good but OoT was better OoT is classic and will always be. =D

H

HELLO_LINK

I go with OoT without a doubt. It just had a better storyline, along with a lot more weapons, more dungeons, more places to go to, more longer, and it also had Adult Link, which is a major plus in any Zelda game. Plus, this game is considered like the top 10 or whatnot games in gaming history, so thats a major accomplishment.

P

Paine

It's actually a really tough choice for me. Because MM was the better interactive game (meaning the interaction with NPC's and the such, what with the Bombers thingy) but OoT had the more Zeldaish feel, if you know what I mean. It's still the main reason I am a huge Zelda fan as I am today and I think that applies to most oldskool Zelda fans.

Yes, Ocarina of Time it is for me.

C

Charmy

I've actually never played Majora's Mask, because I wasn't a gamer until around 2003, so I got a Gamecube instead of 64, and no Majora's Mask on Virtual Console. So, I can't actually rate each. I'm at the Gerudo Desert.

Z

Zelda Granny

I like both games and still play them when I get stuck or frustrated with TP. When I purchased my Gamecube it came with four Zelda games including OOT and MM plus a 15 minute demo of Windwaker. I have to say that OOT is probably my favorite Zelda game of all time although one of my favorites is an old Super Nintendo game, "A Link To The Past", which I still play using a Gameboy game on my Gamecube. Actually there has only been one Zelda game that I really didn't care for and that was the second one, "The Adventures of Link" or something like that.

F

Fierce Diety Link

Hard decision...
But I would say OoT is better. Even though you can play as Fierce Diety in Majora's Mask, Ocarina is better :cool:

G

God Of Lightning

As i play OOC on my computer using advanced rom/something technology! I noticed that OOC has a better story line and you dont get as lost as easy!

I think of OoT vs MM along similar lines as LTTP vs LA. LTTP is my favorite game, and it is, to me, the epitome of a Zelda game, but I also love LA for many strange or unique things about it.

OoT is the classic early 3d Zelda game, and will always be a great game, but there are things I love about MM. I'm not sure if I'm willing to say I like one more than the other, but let me make it clear that I LOVE Majora's Mask. The gameplay is just a lot better. There are lots of little improvements, such as with trading items, which was integrated into conversations, thus no more bottles accidentally emptied on the ground in front of someone, etc. Young Link actually gets to use items everyone wished he could use before. The story is, I personally think, BETTER if only because the classic Zelda story gets tiresome. OoT told it marvelously, but Majora's Mask gets points for making a new and bizarre story along similar lines of uniqueness as Link's Awakening.

Long story short, both great games. Nothing can replace OoT as the magnificent, classic, early 3d Zelda game, but Majora's Mask is nonetheless also an amazing game. Has great music too. =)

I think of OoT vs MM along similar lines as LTTP vs LA. LTTP is my favorite game, and it is, to me, the epitome of a Zelda game, but I also love LA for many strange or unique things about it.

OoT is the classic early 3d Zelda game, and will always be a great game, but there are things I love about MM. I'm not sure if I'm willing to say I like one more than the other, but let me make it clear that I LOVE Majora's Mask. The gameplay is just a lot better. There are lots of little improvements, such as with trading items, which was integrated into conversations, thus no more bottles accidentally emptied on the ground in front of someone, etc. Young Link actually gets to use items everyone wished he could use before. The story is, I personally think, BETTER if only because the classic Zelda story gets tiresome. OoT told it marvelously, but Majora's Mask gets points for making a new and bizarre story along similar lines of uniqueness as Link's Awakening.

Long story short, both great games. Nothing can replace OoT as the magnificent, classic, early 3d Zelda game, but Majora's Mask is nonetheless also an amazing game. Has great music too. =)

Majoras mask is short though. its only 4 dungeons long and the last level isnt actually a level at all (the moon), oot was longer because it was 9 dungeouns. but it if it were OOT VS. WW i think wind waker would win for much sailing and being famous enough to be the prequel to the world best PH!

M

MiniMeMilo

The Ocarina of Time kept me occupied for atleast 2 weeks, or a week and a half. I would have to say this is my favourite game in the series so far. Getting big poes was pretty fun, and talking to people as adult Link that you met as a kid was pretty cool too. Not to mention that shmexeh zora tunic, which was my favorite tunic for obvious reasons. Fishing was also very enjoyable, but not quite as good as the Twilight Princess fishing. I guess the interactive reel gave you the feeling you were actually fishing.

Majora's Mask, although a great game, was very short if you focused on beating the main quest. The side quests were enough to keep you playing for weeks on end, but I never did finish the bomber's note book, and I'm still missing a couple masks... maybe the guide could help me out with that! :D

Majora's Masks dungeons are arguably a bit harder / more complex, at least the last few ones. The thing about that game is, although there's only 4 dungeons, there is a lot of stuff to do getting to the dungeons, along with all the mini-levels. Majora's Mask is mainly a game for the type of Zelda fan who likes hard dungeons and lots of side quests, and a unique story. Whereas, Ocarina of Time is a game for someone who wants to play the epitome of classic 3d Zelda in all its glory. They're both great, like I said, I can't really pick a favorite.
Though, I'm replaying Master Quest right now, and loving it.

Kybyrian

Ocarina of Time for sure. Also known as the best game of all time(it passed Super Mario Galaxy back up). It was the first Zelda game and game OVERALL that I had played. It was a true classic. Majora's Mask was just too gloomy for me. And the way it was layed out and everything was confusing. You didn't know what you were doing half of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom