• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Ocarina of Time V Majora's Mask

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
I started doing reviews on youtube a few months ago and one of the ones i did was a comparison of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
only been here an hour or so but this a great site and you'll be seeing a lot from me from now on and this seemed like the perfect place to get some feedback on the review:

[video=youtube;hLaoBzj0CmY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLaoBzj0CmY[/video]

do you agree with me?

Last edited:
J

JRLink

In my opinion the final battle in OoT was more challenging than the final fight in MM.
The first time a fought against Majora, I was really disappointed because it was much easier than the fight against Ganondorf.

I really like the video and i hope you make more

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
the Ganondorf part of the battle can be challenging but the Ganon part is really easy, did it a couple of weeks ago and didn't get hit at all
did you use the Fierce Deity mask? that ruins the fight.

i've got quite a few reviews up, a new 1 vs 2 should be up in a couple of days.

Ocarina Of Time V.s Majora Mask

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Showed us the Feelings of Adventure, Happiness and Courage saria.jpg
But The Legend of Zelda Majora´s Mask brought the feeling of Sadness, Love and Power! Majora__s_Mask_by_boba2009.jpg

Personally i Prefer Ocarina of Time for several reasons.. but please tell me,
Which one Do you Prefer? :)

Last edited:

Zen

Guardian of Courage
Uhm...in terms of the games themselves...I prefer Oot.

But with what they showed us...Majora's mask seemed to give us better values. Especially all the side quests like helping two characters get married etc.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i did a review comparing OoT with MM, that would answer your question:

[video=youtube;hLaoBzj0CmY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLaoBzj0CmY[/video]

EDIT: OK, why did i post this video here again?

Last edited:
I love them both pretty much equally, and which one I consider my favorite can change at any time. There are times when I revel in the sheer genius of MM's storytelling and art-direction, and other times when I am infatuated with the perfect dungeon design of OoT. Overall though, I would say that it's a tie for me, they're just too good and too different to compare.

Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda game I ever played, so it will always be special to me, but I do think Majora's Mask is a better game. I really love the three day cycle, the impending doom of the moon, the nervous atmosphere (for example, the music speeding up throughout the days), the dark characters in the game. You're always in a rush, since you only have three days, and can't waste any time. All those things combined just make the game a great experience to me. I really love Majora's Mask.

I actually didn't like Majora's Mask that much, while I loved Ocarina of Time. Sure, Majora's Mask was a great game, but after a while it just starts to get boring, and the game felt like mostly sidequests. I found the dungeons uninspiring, the bosses weren't as memorable as the ones in Ocarina of Time, the music was bland and kinda boring (first temple music, for example) and Ocarina of Time did have a greater storyline, in my opinion. Also, Ganondorf is an iconic figure in The Legend of Zelda series since him (and Ganon) have appeared in countless Zelda games, while Majora's Mask only in one. The only thing I liked from Majora's Mask was the collection of masks and Clock Town's theme, but other than that, it just didn't live up to Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom