• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time to Earn a 3DS Remake

A great game deserves to make a comeback. If people dont like it then dont buy it. Im sure miyamoto has some ideas in his mind already about a new zelda. But if not a real zelda fan would at least consider being excited for another ZELDA game even if its a remake. Just add it to your zelda colection.

CUCCOMASTER

..and all things will end
its clear to see that the youth of america has popularized the DS, so remaking OoT is a good idea. many people like myself do not own N64s and are board of the DS zelda because of repitition, having to do the temp of o king or t o spirits so many times. its an ongoing dungeon with one theme: boring. i want a remake. it would give me a DS game that i wouldn't wish i hadn't bought it. it would be all that i would want

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Eh. Meh.

OoT was cool. For its day. Remaking Ocarina of Time would've been a great idea for the initial release of the Nintendo DS years ago along with Super Mario 64. But now? I still love OoT, but I don't think we need a remake. With anything, there are pros and cons:

I mean... yeah, you know what? The timeline has more holes than swiss cheese. It's flimsier than a wet noodle. The initial idea of the timeline was great, but instead of fixing the holes, they only create more. Remaking Ocarina of Time is a great way to make some adjustments to the story and timeline. On top of that, it'll sell like replicas at a Trekkie convention. After all, it's the top seller. So, in terms of making sales, this is a pretty good idea.

But then... like I said, I think it's a bit late for Ocarina of Time. It'd have been great for the regular DS, but why bother putting an old game on a new system with totally different capabilities? I'd much rather seem them create a brand new Zelda or remake one of the very oldest classics. Really, I kind of feel that this is just a lazy attempt and making sales. I'm sure there will be other Zelda titles for the 3DS in the future, but I think it'd have been a much better idea to create a brand new game for a brand new system. It's like going to an extra-spensive salon for the same old haircut you get at the parlor down the street. Just a waste.

Still, it looks lovely, and I can't say I won't fangirl over the updated version of the Hero of Time.

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
This is one of the most unexspected & most exciting news I've heard in a long time. If this is true, I WILL get a 3DS, no joke. It's about time that OoT got a remake, since it's one of the best Zelda games ever made, maybe the best. I'm thinking that you control the Ocarina like in ST, with the Spirit Flute. If Nintendo could expand on this, they will make a lot of money.

All in all, Best. News. Ever. I've heard in a long time.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I'm curious to know if it'll be the exact same game, or the same game with added things to the game, like new items, new areas, etc. Kinda like Super Mario 64 DS.

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
Yeah this'll be good...
"Blow into the microphone as hard as you can to kill Ganon!"
Ugh..

LANZZ

Scarecrow
3DS re-make: Majora's Mask? *I wish*

To follow along with Ocarina of Time! :P

Ocarina of Time 3DS is a great new. But honestly i don't want 3DS re-make of Majora's Mask, i want a new Zelda game with a new storyline to follow OOT 3DS.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
After seeing the screen shots on Nintendo's E3 website, I am actually very excited for this game. Since the 3DS seems to visually exceed the Wii, this game looks much nicer than it does on the N64, GC, and Wii. In addition, it is awesome that they're giving the game not only 3D abilities (Won't that be fun in the Shadow Temple?) but also giving the 12 year old game a visual facelift. With the 3DS, what if we see things that weren't there in the N64 version.

What if they did it like LoZ in which after you beat the game, you're taken to Master Quest and then play the game from there? Maybe additional sidequests, new levels, new items, perhaps make use of some of the hardware (such as the cameras, mic, and gyroscope (One of the things that OoT could've had on the 64DD was the ability to use the GameBoy Camera to create a mask)) and hopefully not take away from the feel of the awesomeness of the game.

Seeing Majora's Mask also with a facelift and 3D would be amazing as well. We could have additional side-quests, perhaps more masks, maybe an extra dungeon, orchestrated music (hey, a guy can dream), etc. Won't it be fun to see the Moon fall in 3D. :P Anyways, it's nice that they're not only remaking the games like OoT and Starfox 64 again, but this time actually adding on to it to make it more appealing to the gamers that haven't experienced the awesomeness of the games; especially those graphics freaks who refuse to play the N64 because they're afraid of the fact that most games were under 100,000 polygons at one point.

There were links on Nintendo's E3 website yesterday, but they were removed. The reason is they wanted to wait until today. At last night's wrap-up, the guy doing the announcement said "stay tuned tomorrow for a big announcement on the 3DS." Now its tomorrow, and Ocarina of Time 3D is on the list of games for the 3DS, whereas it wasn't yesterday.
http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/
Click "Nintendo Titles" and its the first one on there.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
So is this a remake or just another way of playing the original. I guess it's a remake since I herd switching Iron boots would be easier and in the picture Link looked like he was from Super Smash Bros. Melee. It could also just be enhanced. Just my thoughts on this.

I've been looking at those screenshots, and I keep looking at them and thinking it looks beautiful, but I can't help but look at them and think that the graphics remind me of the official art of Link from Soul Calibur 2. Anyone else feel this way? I loved the graphics from that game, and I'm really glad they're in, so I'm pumped.

The graphical styling I'm glad they put in. It's like a merge of Realism and Fantasy. You'd never see eyes like that in a realistic setting, but it still looks amazing nonetheless.

And another thing, Nintendo claimed that Super Mario 64 (original release) only used about 30% of the N64's potential and Ocarina of Time used about 50% of it's potential. I would have imagined that with all the extras they fit into Super Mario 64 DS, that an exact remake (with better graphics) could be made for the DS, but with all this hardware upgrades, there's bound to be extra room. There's possibly optional items, new items, new quests, perhaps even new dungeons to explore. Of course, they'll be optional, but something like the cave of ordeals, only more puzzle oriented would be cool and the upgrade would be like a power upgrade, or something of the like, they have to be able to fit more than the original game in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom