• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time "Mirror Shield"

Which Design is better?

• Old Version

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • New Version

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Kybyrian

Apparently it's just the other countries being all tight up about this religion thing. I don't see why it's such a big deal. It's not like it's discriminating a religion or anything like that. I wish I had the Japanese version >.>

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Apparently it's just the other countries being all tight up about this religion thing. I don't see why it's such a big deal. It's not like it's discriminating a religion or anything like that. I wish I had the Japanese version >.>

it isn 't a big deal. i'm also a muslim and the only big deal within our religion would be (for example) displaying mohammed his face. for me, i don 't care i mean nobdy knows his real face looks like.

anyway you know about that the fire temple theme that was changed due it sounded like the prayer chant of the islam. man the muslims itself make remixed ringtones of that prayer chant. so first they complain like "that haram haram haram" but if they do it theirselfs its not haram anymore.

Note: haram means forbidden/sacred

It isnt copyright permission, its just the whole fact on how politically correct America has to be, namely NOA. As I said...the original games have all the original names and aspects to them in japan. Hyrule Fantasy (dunno why this was changed outside of japan), Legend of Zelda 2 - Adventure of Link (same deal), Triforce of the Gods, Dreaming Island, etc etc etc.
Well I think it also might have something to do with the names of the games...

Link's Awakening > Dreaming Island

Nothing reaslly, just like Hyrule Fantasy and The Legend of Zelda 2 - AoL...Take MM, out here its Majora's Mask, out there its Mask of Majula (Majora)..every Zelda game is actually different in English that its japanese original.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
I don't want this to turn into a religious discussion, but I think NOA was just playing it safe. I don't think they wanted to turn away people because of that design (which would be just stupid) but I guess some people are like that.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
if they wanted to play it safe then the original logo would not be there in the first place.
the american and european version alwajs goes trough adjusments before they are released.
so the only reason i can think of is that some group complained about it.

L

LegendZ

i think the old one has a better symbolic choice, and meaning. I prefere the old one.

P

Phantom Link

Right?

But... I think the "new" symbol was on pushable/pullable blocks, right? :huh:

A

Abyss Master

I can honestly say that the old appeals more to me, because it looks more "mysterious" and "magical". Don't ask how I can make that out of a shield, it's just how I feel about it ^^;

The old design was on all the pushable blocks and such throughout the game, why the same symbol on the Mirror Sheild would be on blocks that can even be found in the Deku tree, beyond th fatc that, yes everyone, it is in fact a game and Nintendo probably merely made one pushable block actor then gave it different sizes and colors. It was chnaged for the aformentioned reasons, etc. Whatever, I chose the first design 'cause i liked it better. *shrugs* just nastolgia i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom