• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time "Mirror Shield"

Which Design is better?

• Old Version

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • New Version

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
nope i still like the old one better.
but what i don 't get is, it doesn 't even sound close to the islamic chant, they are making a big fuss about it. -.-

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I could've sworn I posted here already. Oh well. I like the look of the old shield design better. The newer one is okay too. I like the newer version of the Fire Temple music better though.

Yes, the music was changed because some people were arguing that is sounded "like Muslim chants". There was even a lawsuit over it, thus Nintendo was forced to change it. I think that that is stupid...

Same thing happened with Ganon coughing up blood.

Kybyrian

Honestly, I really don't like the old Fire Temple music. I'm kind of glad that was changed. But still, I think this religion deal is a bunch of bullhockey.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I kinda liked the original music for Fire Temple. It makes it sound kinda eeyre.The original symbol was also kinda cool. I think the whole religion thing was a load of B.S! Nintendo didn't origionaly send it through the "Politically Correctness" filter, so it was more of Nintendo's fault for not checking it, not the angry mob...

I have not real opinion on which is better. I like them both.

And to answer your question, I think the second one is the Gerudo symbol. I read that on Zelda Wiki, and I'm not sure on it (though it would make sense, as the Mirror Shield is found in the Spirit Temple, which is in the desert.) It also appears on General Onox's armor in Oracle of Seasons. Not sure why, though.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Now, I have a few things to mention. I had a Christmas assembly at school today, it had all these symbols on the walls and I saw the one from the Mirror Shield and I thought, oh cool, I didn't know there was a religion symbol on Zelda.

Also, the old symbol was the best, though I didn't even know there was a diffrence, I never beat the one on Gamecube, only the one on N-64, so I never saw the new design.

And A few other things from other cultures are the Rupees, the Bazaar, and I think there is even more.

Z

Zerchito

I like them both, the old gives an magical feeling (I don't know why :xd:), but the new also pretty good because it is a whole new symbol not taken from real life :D

T

Typhingblade

New design...

THe New design is fromt the spirit temple and such...
the old design ... just looked cooler...
it also represented the night and how it was the opposite of the sun...
so it opposed the light...
i still think the Wind waker mirror shield looked alot better...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom