• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Link Remade in Modern Fidelity [WIP]

Pik

While there's a lot one could talk about in regards to Final Fantasy VII Remake, one thing I always love about Square Enix's games is their graphical prowess - making fantasy concepts come alive through realistically detailed, yet whimsical visuals. That, in addition to all of the remakes this generation (ranging from RE2 to Spyro), inspired me to take a shot at making an HD version of Ocarina Link. (Especially because FFVII and OoT are the heavy counterweight fantasy games of their generation)
Here's what I have so far:
1603041825912.png
1603041849094.png

1603041935940.png
1603042013296.png

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
While there's a lot one could talk about in regards to Final Fantasy VII Remake, one thing I always love about Square Enix's games is their graphical prowess - making fantasy concepts come alive through realistically detailed, yet whimsical visuals. That, in addition to all of the remakes this generation (ranging from RE2 to Spyro), inspired me to take a shot at making an HD version of Ocarina Link. (Especially because FFVII and OoT are the heavy counterweight fantasy games of their generation)
Here's what I have so far:
View attachment 44905
View attachment 44906

View attachment 44907
View attachment 44908
These look good so far! The sword and shield look like the official artwork on the OOT box. Am interested to see how link comes on!

Reactions: Pik

Pik

Thank you, DIO! I'm trying my best to make it accurate to various depictions of OoT Link (though there is some variation in each depiction, so I'm weighing some higher than others in reference priority)

hvSFJ18.png

Retopologized Link:
1604464346558.png
I finished retopo, so now it's onto UV mapping and texturing. I did a quick mockup of what he would look like with his eyes filled in.

Pik

A very nice comment to hear from the Hero of Time himself, lol. Thank you!

1605082228688.png
Still not quite done yet, but getting close.

That really does look incredible! You have amazing talent! Are you planning to do anything else from OoT, like other characters or locations?

Pik

Thanks again! It's very tempting to do more characters if I have time. Zelda, Ganon and Malon are ones I've considered trying afterwards, but that's all predicated on if I have time to fit them in - characters from the Adult time period, basically.
F2CBF16A-2AE1-41CF-B7CE-3A2C839D13F4.png
1605136314028.png
Started assembling him with his shield. The color temperature changes with each post I make just because I mess around with the render settings for fun.

Last edited:

Pik

1605579979958.png
1605579990734.png
1605580005814.png

Apologies for all of the double posting, but here's more progress - the sheath. I'll try to have Link's eyes done, and thus the model, completed soon.

Incredible job! You could have a career in this kind of work if you so desired. This is really impressive. You perfectly captured every detail of Link! Are you planning on doing any animations with this?

Pik

Thank you for the support, @TheHeroofTime! Right now this stuff is just my hobby, but I appreciate that a lot. Rigging a model to make it able to be animated is one of the 3D skills I don't have. Still, I've been studying it for the past few days, and feel optimistic that I can do it.

To test how the Link model handled deformation, I put him through a program that does it automatically (so this isn't good enough for normal animation...just a test) and I'm pretty happy with how his limbs turned out. If a model's structure isn't suited for animation, you can get weird things like their arms\legs caving into themselves.
OjiSfJ0.gif

I also made the Ocarina of Time itself:
1607375086940.png

I've also expanded the project to be...well, just a general Ocarina of Time character remake project. I started Malon (very early WIP) - and I'm basing her off of her in-game model more than her art for now. (though I might change that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom