• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time Getting Boring & Disappointing :(

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There are a number of reasons how an OoT sequel (sans MM) I believe would work:

• Once again, at the end of Ocarina of Time as well as Majora's Mask, we have been left with a cliffhanger ending.
  • We've only established that Link is a wanderer for the most part – what if he does find Navi at the cost of something relatively important, like say, the Kokiri Forest.
  • The possibility that we could be shown the death of Hero of Time.
  • Obviously it would generate money for Nintendo, y'know from all the changes that Skyward Sword is doing and the fact that it would be a direct sequel to OoT/MM.
  • Testing out the Wii U, not so much a tech demo as Ocarina of Time 3D was, but testing the content limit.

Since OoT is regarded by many as being one of the top games of all time, I don't think Nintendo would have dared to make it into a whole new game. You can't please everyone, of course, but we're getting SS soon, so there's your whole new Zelda game for you. Plus, if they had made an OoT2, how do you know that you would have been satisfied? Maybe Nintendo would have messed it up and it would have been horrible. The fact of the matter is, if OoT is getting boring for you, you can play a different Zelda game. There are quite a few to choose from. :)

I had been playing OoT since it first came out when I was five years old. The legend of Zelda OoT 3D really hit the spot!
It was great and well done. Example of its awesomeness: the items pop out of the screen. If you go to your bed in Kokiri forest you can fight the bosses again and make records. After you finish the game you get a master quest mode. I am a fan who would probably be mad if they changed the storyline or dungeons in anyway. A remake is a remake and I think they did the best they could. I bought the 3Ds game for nostalga purposes so I would like the game to be the same as it was on the N64. The Shiekah stone thing kind of bothered me. But I will except whatever the Zelda team has decided ^^

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i recently finished OoT on for the...i've lost count how many times i've done it, and i still love the game but it just cemented the fact that the Master Quest is much better. i think i've just done it SO many times it's now too easy. not played the 3DS version but all i was expecting with it was a graphical upgrade. didn't think they'd add in extra bits

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
OoT 3D wasn't meant to have a bunch of big features on it or new duneons or anything, it's just meant to be a version of OoT that is portable and can be played on the go and has a few new minor features on it that make the game more interesting to play, and it really doesn't need to have a bunch of big new features, OoT is more than good enough as it is.
And as for OoT 2, Majora's Mask basically is OoT 2, and even if you wouldn't count that as OoT 2 because it takes place in the young link timeline and OoT ended at the Adult Timeline, Wind Waker kind of counts as OoT 2 because it explains the events that took place after OoT in the adult part of the timeline.

king Ganondorf

Ganondorf Dragmire
You all know that they made ocarina of time 3d right? Well I think it's truly amazing
But what disappoints me :( is they didn't really change it at all, all they did is at picture
Detail... But no new equipment, bosses, levels, characters, just small tweaks like details
And texture “ now that I think about it they should make an ocarina of time 2" :)
they never have the number 2 in the name other than in Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Ocarina of Time is the farthest thing from a boring and disappointing game. It is a masterpiece in video game history. The remake was just that; a remake. Not a redo, because nothing needs to be redone. I love the orignal game and the remake is just as awesome. Ocarina of time 2? What?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You're not getting it, LoZ; it isn't that OoT is a bad game. No, that's farthest from the OP's point. He is just getting bored with it, having played it so much. In which case I recommend him to go play a different Zelda game or a different game altogether...unless he has other hobbies in mind.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
You're not getting it, LoZ; it isn't that OoT is a bad game. No, that's farthest from the OP's point. He is just getting bored with it, having played it so much. In which case I recommend him to go play a different Zelda game or a different game altogether...unless he has other hobbies in mind.

I'm just responding to the title of the thread. If he's bored with it, that's fine. I know we all love OoT. I personally don't think the game has aged that much or lacks replayability. I diagree that the 3DS remake should have added more to the game than what it did. I especially disagree with the premise of making an OoT 2. I don't think anything about OoT should be improved besides the graphics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom