• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time Getting Boring & Disappointing :(

magiclink

Shinigami
You all know that they made ocarina of time 3d right? Well I think it's truly amazing
But what disappoints me :( is they didn't really change it at all, all they did is at picture
Detail... But no new equipment, bosses, levels, characters, just small tweaks like details
And texture “ now that I think about it they should make an ocarina of time 2" :)

U

Ultimahero

What would you have them do? They already made a sequel to OOT - it's called Majora's Mask. That's the story of what happens to Link after he places the Master Sword back in the Temple of Time. And to add another game with that Link would screw up the ending to OOT. All the loose ends were tied.

And how do you remake a game that is widely considered to be the best ever? Other minor changes, you can't alter too much lest you tick of that fan base. So what would you have them do?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There isn't much you can do to a remake of (what I uphold to be) the best game ever. An extra dungeon or maybe the Ura Zelda content should've been added to Master Quest, though.

Actually, Ultimahero, lots of OoT fanboys were set aback by OoT3D [most likely because of the graphical overhaul].

U

Ultimahero

Actually, Ultimahero, lots of OoT fanboys were set aback by OoT3D [most likely because of the graphical overhaul].

I know. That's my point. You had people upset that the game's graphics were changed, even though there wasn't much content being altered. So I'm saying how can you drastically alter the content without making a lot of people mad?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
[video=youtube_share;H_vAXPRvRJs]http://youtu.be/H_vAXPRvRJs[/video]

OCARINA OF TIME 2!?WHY!?HOW!?

Last edited:

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
You all know that they made ocarina of time 3d right? Well I think it's truly amazing
But what disappoints me :( is they didn't really change it at all, all they did is at picture
Detail... But no new equipment, bosses, levels, characters, just small tweaks like details
And texture “ now that I think about it they should make an ocarina of time 2" :)

I'd say the reason for that is because Ocarina of Time was made in such a way that big changes like that would've created the need for bigger changes, and I guess the developers would rather make a new game than re-building one they made a long time ago from the ground-up.

Besides, as metioned already, they already made a sequel to OoT with Majora's Mask. It's also worth mentioning that Twilight Princess is jokingly referred to as "OoT 2.0", which I don't really agree with, even though the games are pretty similar in a few ways.

So I'm saying how can you drastically alter the content without making a lot of people mad?

You can't. There's always the conservative fans that will get offended just as much as there's people who will love the changes. There isn't really a way to know how the reactions will be overall.

Last edited:
It was a lazy remake to say the least.

Funny how people argue that adding a dungeon would mess up the storyline. They could simply make it an optional dungeon such as the Gerudo Training Grounds without adding, or removing, any story elements.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
Unfortunately, it's impossibly to please everyone. On one hand, you have fans that demand the game remain the exact same. On the other hand, you have people who want to see the game expanded. I think Nintendo did a very good job with this remake- they updated the graphics, and added a couple of extras (including the MasterQuest and Boss Challenge Mode). I think if they added new equipment, it would mean they would have to change everything after the point the new item was added, making the item useful for other puzzles in future dungeons or the Over World (even the Golden Gauntlets attained in Gannon's Castle can be used outside the dungeon to access the last Fairy Fountain).
Although, I do agree that it would be nice if they added another dungeon on the side (like the Boss Challenge Mode being available after a point while Link is in his house).

U

Ultimahero

You can't. There's always the conservative fans that will get offended just as much as there's people who will love the changes. There isn't really a way to know how the reactions will be overall.

Exactly. That's what I'm saying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Must say had any major changes been made fans of this legendary game would not have been very happy.
Only differences i can think of they would do are making the graphics crisper and the sounds crisper as well.
To change some of the Dungeons or weapons would have been a terrible mistake for Nintendo to do.
Think how many of us have grown up with the game and have just fallen in love with it as it is.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its a game of genius just listen to the music tells you that.
To me its not just a great game that was fell made.
Its a game that Nintendo put all there great design skills in to.
Its a game made with great care and love that makes it stand out as many people favourite in the series.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For me this game will never get boring.
And everytime i play it i just love it more each time.

Last edited:
A remake is a remake. There is no point spending time developing any new content for the sake of changing an old game. If you design a nice new dungeon then great, put it in a brand new Zelda game.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I thought it had a boss mode, I guess I was wrong. I just wish it had something like I don't know, a (master quest), that would be great, it's just too bad we didn't get that. In all honesty, I think it could have been much better, but it still isn't a terrible game.;)

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
Ocarina of Time 2?! Naw, They did 3 remakes for Ocarina of time and they don't need to make a part 2. The three things they did is first, The gold edition, second original quest and master quest remake for the game cube and the collection. Part 2 of it won't happen. Just stick around with the other Zelda games that are always awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom