• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

[Ocarina of Time Ending + Majoras Mask]

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
This should really belong in the Ocarina of Time section, but whatever.

At the very end of Ocarina of Time, way after the credits, it shows Link and Zelda in the courtyard. And then you hear a bell chime and then it says "The End" or whatever.

If you even remember, doesn't the chime sound like the Clock Town Bell from Majoras Mask?

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
That could have been any clock really, does the Temple of Time have a clock on it?
If it does then it could have been that... could have been anything.
I don't think it means much to be honest.

Tom

Man, seriously... You can speculate about plausible stuff, but this? I'm 100% sure this has nothing to do with Majora's Mask's clocks, or whatever...

Grasping at straws...highly doubt it...a chime is a chime, a bell is a bell, if they were related then Zelda would actually have an actual storyline.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
To be honest.
I think the chime has more to do with the fact the entire of OoT has been related to time and it may represent that the games time is up.
That's using wild speculation.
On a serious note.
It's a background effect.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
If you even remember, doesn't the chime sound like the Clock Town Bell from Majoras Mask?

Hmm... you know, I think it might. I'd have to go back and listen to them side-by-side. If they sound EXACTLY the same, there's probably some kind of connection. Although it wouldn't be clear if it was because they knew they were going to make Majora's Mask back then, or because they designed Majora's Mask to tie into the ending like that.

The biggest connection, for me, though... is that the ending of OoT shows Young Link walking up to Zelda very much like he does in that scene in MM where he recalls the Song of Time (in fact I always thought of that scene as being what happened immediately after the ending of OoT stops). They look very similar. But again, we don't know if this was original intent opening things up for a sequel, or whether MM just played on it later to emphasize the connection between the games.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
C'mon. They just used the same sound effect. I don't think there's any connection.

But there could be. I've never really payed attention to the chimes together. Might need to check that out still.

M

MasterXXXLink

It could be anything like i guess you could say it was tht but I dont really care

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom