• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of time "Classic"?

should "Ocarina of time" be conciderd as a classic game?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
kinda agree with josh here.
games that won a award doesn 't mean that they automiticly will be conciderd as an classic.

Here is a link to people who don 't know the defenition of the word "classic"

I think at this point, Ocarina of Time is considered a classic. For me, being a gamer that started playing games far before the 3d standard was put in place, it is hard for me to consider anything that is NOT 2d... classic. Basically, the term classic is very arbitrary and will vary from one person to another.
yeah thats the main reason is still had my doubts. because i started at the 4th console gen a.k.a 16 bit area. some maybe our vieuws of 3d and 2d are different of the new young that never even started with the 2d gameplay. i have to admit, i still concider 3d games modern even if its from the n64.

it wasnt really until like this year cuz now its 10 year and many games r judged by it so yeah it is

Well, games, being a interactive media, are judged differently, and are critized because they aren't considered like 'art", but rather like a object.

Ocarina of Time, in my opinion, surpassed by far what a video game is. It had an exellent story, decent gameplay, and above all, it was the kind of game that you always want to come back to.
Also, for me, Ocarina has become a classic because of how I've, no matter how much I play it, always come back to it.

Definitely yes. I don't think a game needs to be old to be a classic. I believe in "instant classics."

Whether you believe that or not, OoT is old enough to be considered a classic (in my opinion,) at least when you compare it's age to it's awesomeness.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Well, to start, it was the first 3-D Zelda game so there is it's first point. Then, I would say that any Zelda game made before 2000 is a classic.

Well, to start, it was the first 3-D Zelda game so there is it's first point. Then, I would say that any Zelda game made before 2000 is a classic.

Ocarina of Time did do something revolutionary in the sense that it was the first 3-D Zelda, however, I believe it is Ocarina's overall plot and story-line that made it a "clasic".

I disagree with your latter statement, I think a 'classic' game can be any game that is truly unique and interesting.

But overall, I love Ocarina of Time for its originality and how different it is compared to many standard games.

Of course it's a classic.

A decade after it's release, and it's never been out done by any other Zelda game (IMHO), and it introduced so many new featuress that are still used today. (Z-targeting)

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Well it really depends on how long it has been out for. If we were talking about OOT being a classic 10 years ago, most will say no as it's a new released game. For example, TP... Is it a classic game? No. 10 years later. Is it a classic game? Yes.

So it depends on the time and ALSO the amount of change consoles had (graphics, motion plus etc.).

In my opinion OOT is probably one of the most overrated games of all time.
The only reason why people think that it's a classic is because it was the first 3-D Zelda game.
But if you took the 3-D away from it, then all you have left is a Link to the Past clone.

Also what makes a game a classic?
Is a game considered a classic because it sold well?
Is a game classic because it's popular?
What makes a game classic?

Yes I will say that OOT is a classic game, because of nostalgia, which the OOT fans can't get pass.

In my opinion OOT is probably one of the most overrated games of all time.
The only reason why people think that it's a classic is because it was the first 3-D Zelda game.
But if you took the 3-D away from it, then all you have left is a Link to the Past clone.

Also what makes a game a classic?
Is a game considered a classic because it sold well?
Is a game classic because it's popular?
What makes a game classic?

Yes I will say that OOT is a classic game, because of nostalgia, which the OOT fans can't get pass.

No, actually, it's a classic because of how it changed perspective on games. Whether it's 3D or not is completely irrelevent. ALttP is a classic because it completely changed how Zelda was looked at and played. OoT is a classic because it did the same exact thing, be it in 3D or not. Same goes with the Mario series with NES Super Mario Bros. and Mario 64. Games like Sunshine and TP however, are not yet considered classics, and I don't think they ever will be either, because they never brought in anything genuinely new.

Overrated by today's standards has absolutely nothing to do with it. Even if it is, it doesn't change it's status as a classic game that reimagined Zelda.

C

citanuzuki

Ocarina of Time should be considered a classic yes,but its just a little bit overrated in my opinion.yes its great and everything and i highly enjoy the game,but a lot of key elements of the game are outdated and have been updated in games like Twilight Princess.Some other games deserved some of that fame to right?i have a few in my head but I'm sure you guys can name a few.i mean not just ocarina of time but a lot of nintendo games are a bit overrated.great games yes but overrated.Other great nintendo games like Golden Sun suffer the loss of popularity from games like Pokemon and Mario and Zelda etc.now i love nintendo but some nintendo games deserve as much fame as others.

I'd say kind of yes because Its a well known game and a really good game at that. But I wouldnt title it as a classic. I would tital it as a legend.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
It doesn't get much more classic than OoT, aye? It's groundbreaking, what with the good graphics, fresh new world, and unique targeting mechanism? If OoT somehow doesn't meet the necessary requirements to be referred to as classic, we should definitely consider changing those requirements to meet OoT's needs. :lol:

In my understanding of them, the requirements for a video game to be considered 'classic' are really pretty slim: Be fun and remembered fondly by those who played it. Ocarina of Time is pretty much venerated at times, and thus certainly meets that criteria.

Again it's all pretty opinionated. My classics may not be yours. ;)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
At this point I like to think almost all 64 games are classic, having owned a ton of them myself over the years. Though i don't have as many as before (there are a lot of fond memories about those games), but i think they are almost all classics now because 64 was two consoles ago just like NES was to N64 when that was new.

OoT stands clearly above many of the 64's list of greatest games. I think it's safe to say it is truly a classic.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
yes ocarina of time is a classic.

reasons are that it was amazing and any amazing game is a classic.
its been 11 almost 12 years since it came out.
it was the arguably the best game for the n64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom