• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time - Can You Complete the Spirit Temple Before the Shadow Temple?

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Of course you can go to the Spirit Temple, them go to the Shadow Temple. Nothing happens really. You just get to do it in a different order. Of course, you must go to the Forest Temple first, then so and so.

Yes, it is clearly possible. Please reference Azure Sage's reply as to why. Numerous items such as Din's Fire, the Double Clawshot, and Lens of Truth are required to enter the dungeon. If you look at the order of medallions on the pause screen, Nintendo intended for the Spirit Temple to be the last one, however, I also usually complete the Shadow Temple as the final barrier blocking me from Ganondorf. The atmosphere and boss battle are just too good not to save for last.

You can do the Spirit before the Shadow. I generally get the item from the shadow temple (which you get at the beginning of the temple) and then go to the Spirit Temple.

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
Yes. I've done it lots of times. You can complete the Adult Saga dungeons in any order, except for the Shadow Temple which can only be entered after the Forest, Fire and Water dungeons have been beaten.

I knew about the Spirit Temple-Shadow Temple thing but I never knew about the rest of them being done in another order... that'll be something to try when I play OoT again.

MW7

Yes. I've done it lots of times. You can complete the Adult Saga dungeons in any order, except for the Shadow Temple which can only be entered after the Forest, Fire and Water dungeons have been beaten.

I assume you're meaning without glitches then. If that's the case you can't beat Spirit before Forest either because you must be able to go back in time. I did an in-depth analysis of the possible orders of Ocarina of Time without glitches a while ago (http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f9/dungeon-orders-27937.html). I broke it into having to be able to complete a dungeon upon entering without glitches (meaning no entering for an item and leaving) and just no glitches (so for example you can enter the forest temple for the bow and then get the water medallion first). Also because there are version differences in which the N64 version allows you to do some weird things that are arguably glitches (walking backwards across the river of sand in the haunted wasteland or the high grab in the water temple) I just made it for the 3ds version.

So to answer the original post, yes you very easily can complete the Shadow Temple before the Spirit Temple. You can also complete the Fire and Water Temples before the Spirit Temple; however, you must get the longshot to reach the Spirit Temple so you have to beat the first half of the Water Temple for the longshot first (assuming you aren't using any glitches). The Fire Temple can be saved until later without having to enter it because the megaton hammer only opens an optional shortcut (in the regular version, master quest does require the megaton hammer in the Spirit Temple).

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Actually, you need the Lens of Truth to get to the Spirit Temple, and you can't get the Lens of Truth without completing the Forest, Water, and Fire Temples..and from the last post, of course you can do the Shadow Temple before the Spirit Temple, that's the way it was intended..you must have wrote it wrong. Next time I play OoT i'm going to try Forest, then Water, then Fire, then Spirit, then Shadow. Seems interesting but I won't be doing OoT again for awhile..

bs8814

The Gamer
Yes but I wouldn't do it. I always find the Spirit Temple a refreshing end to the Temples.

Actually, you need the Lens of Truth to get to the Spirit Temple, and you can't get the Lens of Truth without completing the Forest, Water, and Fire Temples..and from the last post, of course you can do the Shadow Temple before the Spirit Temple, that's the way it was intended..you must have wrote it wrong. Next time I play OoT i'm going to try Forest, then Water, then Fire, then Spirit, then Shadow. Seems interesting but I won't be doing OoT again for awhile..

Well you don't need the lens to get to the spirit temple. You just have to follow the path that the poe takes by already knowing the route. This technically is not a glitch but the well can be gotten to right after Forest Tem and hover boots are never needed in it but you may need to think a bit out of the box (but still not needing glitches) Even in MQ water can be done before fire and it is well know that with glitches they can be done in any order that you pleas.
[video=youtube_share;5lVVptEOMXI]http://youtu.be/5lVVptEOMXI[/video]
Being there as child did require them to use glitches

I didn't know of this! I don't think I would go out of order because I'm just one of those people that like to do the dungeons in order

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom