• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Beta Mod

So, i wonder if pweople will be able to access the beta sections of Majora's Mask. i rememebr seeing alot of the beta stuff and kid link looking exactly like he did on the OoT engine.

*Bump*

We should make a petition to try and provide feedback to Nintendo to release this prototype(s) as maybe even for download on the Wii. Zelda 64 ftw.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I like it. But the question i'm asking myself is, what is hacked/modified and what is leftover data? i saw so many things that i had never saw before in beta OOT. it always suprises me.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Onilink, this is based off of models and HUDs off of THE alpha/beta OoT. Either they recreated them or they managed to go deep inside the ROM/cartridge.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Onilink, this is based off of models and HUDs off of THE alpha/beta OoT. Either they recreated them or they managed to go deep inside the ROM/cartridge.

Well i'm no expert but what i meant with my last question is, which is recreated and which is data from ROM/cartridge.
I saw so many youtube vids about beta oot that people just hacked it and modified things on their own for fun. of course thats also cool but, to be honest, i'm more interested about the leftover data thats in beta oot. things that they intended to use in OOT or test things out.

you get my point?

Chris

It has been awhile...
Wow, how do you do that to a game?

When I look at it there are obvious glitches like the shield is screwed up, the sword leaves a trail where it sliced, he has the Forest Medallion equipped, and the areas are messed up.

Can someone please explain to me in detail how this works?

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
When I look at it there are obvious glitches like the shield is screwed up, the sword leaves a trail where it sliced, he has the Forest Medallion equipped, and the areas are messed up.

This is the Beta information. Beta OOT allowed you to have the medals equipped, for why, idk. The Shield Also looked like that in the beginning.

http://superdoughboy4.googlepages.com/zelda_drom_120.jpg/zelda_drom_120-full.jpg

beta_grotto1.jpg

dark_link.jpg

stalfos_boss.jpg

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
What is it supposed to be about? I like his Epona more than mine. I also like the shield a lot. Is this like a remake of OoT or something?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
What is it supposed to be about? I like his Epona more than mine. I also like the shield a lot. Is this like a remake of OoT or something?

Sorta. When Ocarina of Time was being produced, a crap load of images were released.^^ But, half of the things that appeared in the alpha/beta versions didn't make it to the final cut (They were to have Octoroks rather than the Octork, then you have the awesome beta rooms that never appeared in the game...:cry:) Things like the Unicorn Fountain, the rear enterance to the Temple of Time OoT would've had (The path blocked off at the enterance to the draw bridge would've been that way), and the Triforce!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom