• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask

Tictalk

Anouki
Im gonna get started right away and say that if this is in the wrong thread sorry. Here im going to talk about how there is almost no relationship (in my opinion) between these games. This is mainly my argument against the people who are all like "Whibe, whine, whine, but OoT and MM are meant to made together on the N64 and now 3ds, whine whine." I played MM about a year ago and I stopped playing it for about a month for no reason but then I got oot for the n64 and I played through that and beat it in a bout a month then went back to MM and after playing both I thought how different the two games are. Oot always felt a little too happy while majoras mask had the whole theme of death. The reason I said Oot is too happy is because it felt like you were never alone. In mm you had tatl and thats it, but in oot you have navi zelda sheik kaepora gaebora and saria helpin you out and it was too much. The graphic felt really different to me, child vs. Child and adult, four temples vs. 8, countdown vs. ridulously fast day, I could really go on FOREVER. The main thing that really annoyed me was the map. I thought oot was just really really sloppy map-wise. I had almost no organization and hyrule field was excessive. MM on the other hand was very well laid out and shaped like a circle which made it so you wernt easilly lost. What do you think?

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
wahh????

There is definatly a relationship between them. The reason Link only has tatl is because shes really the only one that wont forget who he is every time they go back in time. In this timeline in MM, shiek doesnt exist, saria never teaches him the song (discussion some other time. its a timeline thing), and you left zelda to find the person you are looking for (navi?)

It's good the games are different. Nintendo used the same graphics, and many of the same models, to make two very different games which present the player with two different experiences. A lot of people were shocked by the difference at first, but now people generally accept them as two different chapters of the same boy's story. Which they are.

Majora's Mask was created because Nintendo wanted to take all the things they'd made for Ocarina of Time--models, control system, engine--and add on to what they'd achieved already, they felt they could do more. So they created Majora's Mask, which shifted the focus slightly from dungeons to exploration of the overworld and detailed character interactions, while at the same time keeping the wonderful gameplay mechanics they'd created for Ocarina of Time. As it turned out, the games' differences compliment each other very well, together demonstrating what Nintendo could really do with Zelda in 3D.

But the differences in these games do not negate any reasons for a remake of the sequel. They still use the same models and the same engine, and they have those remade now from Ocarina of Time 3D, which means Majora's Mask 3D would be far easier to make, just as the original was. The differences aren't the part that would be remade because the differences are in storyline, and being different doesn't make them any less of a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom