• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask Timeline

@lex MM

The Lurker
Majora's Mask is a sequel to Ocarina of Time, right? So when Zelda sends Link to his normal age the events that happened in Majora's Mask must be before the events in OoT. So...why Skull Kid remembers Link in Majora's Mask? He says that he has the same smell with the kid who taught him "that" song in the woods. I'm very confused...:thinking::thinking::thinking:

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well, let me explain, Zelda sends Link back in time to when he was about to pull the Master Sword out of it's pedestal and allow Ganondorf to get into the Sacred Realm and thus try and get the Triforce. Link met Skull Kid and taught him the song before he was about to pull the Master Sword out of the pedestal, which is the reason why Skull Kid remembers meeting him in MM. I hope that this helps clear things up for you.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Actually, Zelda sends Link back to before they ever met- hence the scene where he approaches her spying on Ganondorf. At that moment, instead of accepting her quest, he tells her what happened and they take different actions. SO, that is why the timeline spits. The events of OoT (awakening the ages, collecting the spiritual stones, etc) never happen.

3 months after meeting Zelda again and telling her what happened, he leaves for Termina. Essentially, @lex MM, Majora's Mask is a (direct)sequel to the CHILD side of the timeline split, whereas The Wind Waker is a (indirect)sequel to the ADULT side of the split.

-ADULT-------------------->(after events of OoT. Link's gone from this side because he is sent back) TWW
OCARINA OF TIME
-CHILD-------------------->(back as a child. Events of OoT triggered by Link on the Adult Side never happen) MM

Vibed

must read before he posts
I do know that the Master Sword sends him back before nearly any of the games events happened, but what I don't get is, how is the Door of Time open? Wouldn't he be like sealed inside? Or maybe because he already has the stones, the door is open, but you need to play the Song of Time, plus at that time the tribes have the stones, so it would be a paradox to have two at once. :S

@lex MM

The Lurker
Well, let me explain, Zelda sends Link back in time to when he was about to pull the Master Sword out of it's pedestal and allow Ganondorf to get into the Sacred Realm and thus try and get the Triforce. Link met Skull Kid and taught him the song before he was about to pull the Master Sword out of the pedestal, which is the reason why Skull Kid remembers meeting him in MM. I hope that this helps clear things up for you.
Okay, but I met Skull Kid AFTER I beat Forest Temple...That means that I met him after I pulled Master Sword...

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I believe that Zelda sent Link back to when he had opened the Doors of Time. He had collected all the gems that would open the doors. The only difference was that the future was altered to not happen since Link had not officially opened the doors of time now. This caused the two timelines to split.
For Skull Kid, I believe the only time you can show him Saria's song is when you are a kid.

He had to obviously have collected the emeralds since he would've been trapped in that room, but that also contradicts why Zelda is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom