• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time 3DS is Ocarina of Time DD?

Will OoT3DS have attributes from Z64DD?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You're thinking of just beta parts from Ocarina of Time, which was originally a DD game but was changed to a regular cartridge release. Zelda Gaiden was also planned as a DD game, but was later released as Majora's Mask instead. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_64DD#Proposed_games

To answer your question: aspects of the game removed during beta were removed for a reason. They weren't that great. While it would be cool to get the huge Market or even the Triforce like in the game's early beta, it isn't going to happen.

The gane was actuay finished, but not released for a reason. They said it was more than good enough for release, but 64DD was not well sold. If it was backed like 3DS, it would have been released. Miyamoto said himself, even if he doesn't sell it, he is going to finish it because that is his dream for zelda. OoT3DS is not a port, it is a remake which means there will be many difference. So that is why they might draw a connection. He had guilt in his heart for years because of the water temple being released in a way he did not want, he probably feels like that for Z64DD.

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
The gane was actuay finished, but not released for a reason. They said it was more than good enough for release, but 64DD was not well sold. If it was backed like 3DS, it would have been released. Miyamoto said himself, even if he doesn't sell it, he is going to finish it because that is his dream for zelda. OoT3DS is not a port, it is a remake which means there will be many difference. So that is why they might draw a connection. He had guilt in his heart for years because of the water temple being released in a way he did not want, he probably feels like that for Z64DD.
but didn't they do that with master quest? O____o I swear OoT: MQ is actually Z64DD

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I would very much like to see Ura Zelda (or whatever they're calling it these days) finally released. I'm so curious about what went into it, what would have been possible if they'd gone a little further with Ocarina of Time. Do I think it's going to happen? Probably not, but I still hope for it.

I wish I could go back in time and convince more Japanese gamers to purchase the 64DD.

Er, what are you talking about? Zelda 64DD became Ocarina of Time. Zelda Gaiden (another DD sack-project) became Majora's Mask. Ura Zelda, the last DD-planned game, became Ocarina of Time Master Quest. "Three games in the Legend of Zelda series were to be released on the 64DD : Ura Zelda, Zelda 64, and Zelda Gaiden. Zelda 64 became Ocarina of Time, and Zelda Gaiden became Majora's Mask, both for the Nintendo 64. Ura Zelda, however, was never released until a modified version of it came with pre-orders for The Wind Waker under a new name, Ocarina of Time Master Quest." ~ Zelda Wiki. And yes, OoT3D is a remake, not a port. When did I say it was a port...?

Again, wut?

Zelda64DD is not OoT, Zelda Gaiden is MM, Ura Zelda is not Master Quest. Ura Zelda had more dungeons and had more content after you beat ganon. It is more of an expansion pack, masterquest only added dungeon difficulty, nothing more. And when you quote, make sure you put your quotation marks before and after the quote. (By the way, why do people keep refering to zelda wiki like it is the official website? It is a fan wiki. Don't get me wrong, most of the things there are true, but some are also false. I am a member myself as well.)

I put quotations when citing another source.

Ember, where do you get this delusional idea that Zelda64DD is not Ocarina of Time? How many time must I prove you wrong? Once again, I guess...

"The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time​ (ゼルダの伝説 時のオカリナ Zeruda no Densetsu: Toki no Okarina?), commonly abbreviated as OoT or LoZ: OoT, is an action-adventure video game developed by Nintendo's Entertainment Analysis and Development division for the Nintendo 64 video game console. It was released in Japan on November 21, 1998; in North America on November 23, 1998; and in Europe on December 11, 1998. Originally developed for the Nintendo 64DD peripheral, the game was instead released on a 256-megabit cartridge, which was the largest-capacity cartridge Nintendo produced at that time." ~ Wikipedia.

And how is Ura Zelda not Master Quest when it became Master Quest? " [...] The game, originally released for Nintendo 64 (with Master Quest planned but never released as a 64DD add-on disk) [...] " ~ IGN.

You seem to be making things up and saying "Oh well I couldn't find where he said this but I swear it happened!" Right.

I never said anything like "Oh well I couldn't find where he said this but I swear it happened!". I can find were it happens. Master Quest only had part of what Z64DD had, and tht was the dungeon difficulty. So the IGN quote is fine. And for the wikipedia, all it says is that it was planned to be 64DD compatible, but it ended up not being as such. And again, that is a wikipedia which includes false facts. And please be nicer, you sound really rude. I am not trying to start a war.

It's not being rude; it's proving you wrong. Very different.

Master Quest only had part of what Z64DD had, and tht was the dungeon difficulty. So the IGN quote is fine.
Like almost everything else you've said in this topic, this statement makes no sense at all. Zelda 64DD is Ocarina of Time. And no, the dungeons in Master Quest are far more difficult than they are in Ocarina of Time.

And for the wikipedia, all it says is that it was planned to be 64DD compatible, but it ended up not being as such.
Compatible? What the balls? The word compatible doesn't even show up in that quote at all. I'm beginning to think you don't even know what the 64DD was. It's not some enhancement to make a cartridge game bigger or more pretty looking. It's an add-on that allows for disc based games, similar to the RAM expansion pack that was required to play Majora's Mask. Ocarina of Time was not going to be '64DD compatible' as you claim. The game was originally being developed for the peripheral, known at the time as Zelda 64DD.

And again, that is a wikipedia which includes false facts.
Wikipedia is a reliable source of information. It gets a bad rep due to the fact that anyone can edit pages, but there are mods that maintain the credibility of its contents and make sure the information is accurate. Scroll to the bottom for the references to other sites it gets the info from.

Here's another piece of information that totally debunks your claims: "Certainly, the first 3D Zelda game managed to preserve the feeling of the series. Released in the winter of 1998 on the Nintendo 64, Ocarina of time was however a mere shadow of his former self, the Zelda 64 Project, which born on the 64DD. Inside the game it’s still possible to find the leftovers of the original game and some of the features that would have made possible the connection with the add-on. With a Gameshark it’s even possible to recreate some of the beta events. Ocarina is a great game, but because of the cuts and the changes we may never know how the game was really intended to be." ~ Unseen 64. Actually, just read that entire article http://www.unseen64.net/articles/zelda64-project-development/

@Shadow Link - Ha, you beat me to it. Should have clicked your link right away and showed him that! Sorry for overlooking your post.

Last edited:
@zeypherlink

Ok,Zelda 64DD is not OoT. Oot is like a trimed version of Zelda 64DD. Since they never released the N64DD in north america, they could not release Zelda 64DD to north america. So then, they modded their Zelda 64DD so it could go on a N64 cartiridge. And by modding it, they took out loads of content.

Zelda URA is a patch for Zelda 64DD, kind of like a second quest after you beat Ganon. It added more dungeons and quests. So master quest is not URA, Master Quest only added difficulty to the dungeons.

Zelda Gaiden and Majors Mask is just like Zelda 64DD and OoT. Zelda Gaiden had 7 days and much more content, but again, got trimed of content so it could fit on a N64 cartridge.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
I didn't think of this before I read it. If Zelda64DD was finished and not released maybe they were saving it for something in the future. I doubt they new of the N3DS so they did not know what to do with this peice they made. Maybe they thought more memory would come in the future for them to use this. My thoughts on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom