• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time 3D Walkthrough

Anubis

The most inactive active
1zc1dw4.png

106buaf.png

I was planning on making a Youtube based Walkthrough on this new remake.
I'm hoping I'll get support from all the members who are willing to watch my walkthrough.
And for you americans, I'll probably upload my first vid on the 18th June, so one day before USAs release date.
There will be both a version with commentary and a version without.
If you don't like light voice types of 15 year old kids, watch the one without commentary. :lol:

The whole walkthrough will most likely be up by the 25th of June (I'm going on a vacation then...).

Only one vid up by now, and it's the intro video of the game, it's quality is bad, but it's just too show off the frame I'm going to use in the walkthrough.
And if you click on the 'Videos' picture, it will take you too the playlist where the walkthrough videos will be listed.

Intro > Frame test 2
http://[/SIZE
Unboxing

Part 1 - Getting to the Great Deku tree
Without | Commentary [Not edited yet]

Part 2 - Dungeon 1: The Great Deku tree
Without | Commentary [Not recorded yet]

2uhwzdh.png

I will need tips and help, post it all here.
Of course I'm going to give credit to you guys' ideas. :)

Q: What programs did you use to make the videos?
A: Sony Vegas 7.0 and Photoshop CS2.

Q: What did you use to record?
A: A Nikon digital camera.

Q: Where did you get the intro music?
A: OverClocked ReMix's. (http://ocremix.org/) It's name is 'Anthem of Misguided Youth' by 'chthonic'.

That is all, thanks for reading (watching), please leave a comment. ~

Last edited:
Awesome thread design, first of all.

Second, I can only really comment on one thing, which is the only video you have up. I'm totally against the idea that you've implemented into it. If you ever add anything to a video, always, always, always, make it so it doesn't distract the actual game. Whether this is done by make it a darker color, or taking a little away, whatever, don't distract from the game itself. When I look at yours, I can't help but stare constantly at the green sides, moving around and around and around, and it's very distracting from the game. It may look cool at first, but it's definitely not the route to go.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Josh is right. Dude. It's hard to see a thing because of this green background. You definitely have to change this. The perfect example for a great Walkthrough are the ones from Mases and Caleb Simpson.

Greetings to Göteborg, Sweden.

T

ToonLinkGaming

Great work! I'm looking forward to this walkthrough, because not alot of people would just film a 3DS screen and get good results, so I hope that of you. :) Best of luck with it, have fun, and long live Zelda. :)

That's better, but it brings up another question.

DS have two screens, and just to make sure, you're planning on only filming the top one?

And, that logo you have in corner, again the same concept. It's all up on the video, and taking a good part of the video away. I can't remember if any buttons or anything are located up there, but even if they aren't, try changing it a little bit. Normally we'd try to put it in like the bottom right corner as you see with Caleb's TP videos, in sort of a lighter font so that it's barely visible. Either that, or put it on a sidebar where other content may be located, but you don't really have that option. If you absolutely must have that logo, fine, keep it, but again, it's not the most important thing on your video.

Anubis

The most inactive active
That's better, but it brings up another question.

DS have two screens, and just to make sure, you're planning on only filming the top one?

And, that logo you have in corner, again the same concept. It's all up on the video, and taking a good part of the video away. I can't remember if any buttons or anything are located up there, but even if they aren't, try changing it a little bit. Normally we'd try to put it in like the bottom right corner as you see with Caleb's TP videos, in sort of a lighter font so that it's barely visible. Either that, or put it on a sidebar where other content may be located, but you don't really have that option. If you absolutely must have that logo, fine, keep it, but again, it's not the most important thing on your video.
First of all, yes I'm going to record the top screen. Unfortunely, I don't got two digital cameras. If I had, I would record both.
And second of all, I don't want anyone to steal the video. That's the reason for the icon, but I never thought of making it transparent, so that may happen.

Great work! I'm looking forward to this walkthrough, because not alot of people would just film a 3DS screen and get good results, so I hope that of you. :) Best of luck with it, have fun, and long live Zelda. :)
Thanks! :)

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I have to agree with the above,the green frame would be very annoying :$ I use Zelda walkthroughs to play through a game a second time to collect everything,and I hate finding walkthroughs with frames like these :S but good idea,we need good walkthroughs! But Im glad someone is doing this :)

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
i say go ahead and do it! It'll surely help first time Zelda players, but i hope it doesnt ruin your first experience with Ocarina of Time 3D. :P I think you should do the walkthrough after you fully enjoy the game yourself.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I for one love the frame siding of the video. It's distracting, but that's why you train your eye not to wander about! The only complaint I have is I'm seeing the IGN logo in the bottom right corner, but no where in your desc. does it say that the video is from IGN. You don't want to get attacked for something silly like that, and trust me companies will go at great lengths to ensure that no good looking video of their product is live unless they themselves uploaded it, so just to be sure put a disclaimer somewhere in your description. Other than that, I can't complain at all until we see the actual walkthrough!

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
This is a great idea~ ^^

However, as other people have mentioned already, I think it would be better for you to remove the border. I see that you have updated it in the second video, and it is definitely a step up from the last as it does not interfere with the focus of the video (this is important, you have to consider your hierarchy of information; emphasis on the video itself should come above all else, and it would be rather counterproductive for the design to fight for attention with the video when the latter is what should be the clear focal point). The updated video solves this problem....however even in the new video, I don't feel that the border really adds anything. As nice as it is to try to include some kind of design, you must remember that the purpose is to provide an insightful walkthrough, and the border rather looks like it's just "there to be there," instead of serving as any sort of enhancement worth keeping. You know that saying "less is more?" I think your walkthrough will stand out more emphatically if you keep it crisp, simple, clean, clearcut and straight to the point without trying to include extra "embellishments." I think it's fine for the way the video opens...that's a nice way to start it and I like the music~ ^^ But once the walkthrough plunges forward after that, I'd say just stick to keeping the video as clear as possible.

One more adjustment: your logo in the top left, I think it's too large actually. I would shrink it a little more, and I would also make it translucent so that it, again, does not take away from the video. Actually, do you see how IGN has their logo in the corner? They make it small and translucent so that it can remain unobtrusive; that's what you should strive for with yours.

You have my support for this though~ :)

Anubis

The most inactive active
i say go ahead and do it! It'll surely help first time Zelda players, but i hope it doesnt ruin your first experience with Ocarina of Time 3D. :P I think you should do the walkthrough after you fully enjoy the game yourself.
I've also considered that, but in order to get as much views as possible, I've got to start at a release date. Plus as I wrote, on the 25th I'm going on a vacation, I want to complete the main quest before that. And maybe when I get back I'll grab every item in the game. I will also try to cover the Master Quest, but that may take some time, since I never completed the Master Quest on the Gamecube.
I for one love the frame siding of the video. It's distracting, but that's why you train your eye not to wander about! The only complaint I have is I'm seeing the IGN logo in the bottom right corner, but no where in your desc. does it say that the video is from IGN. You don't want to get attacked for something silly like that, and trust me companies will go at great lengths to ensure that no good looking video of their product is live unless they themselves uploaded it, so just to be sure put a disclaimer somewhere in your description. Other than that, I can't complain at all until we see the actual walkthrough!
The frame in the first one was there to hide the IGN mark, and to make it look classy. But the second video is unlisted, so only you guys that have got the link on this page can see it.
Frame Test 2 is better but If I were you, just put a text with
"Anibus OoT3D Walkthrough"
Running along the top green border. Just so that nothing is on the actual gameplay screen. http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisMudkip
First of all, read what you wrote before posting, my name is Anubis. And why does it matter if the emblem is there anyway? I thought I said that I was considering making it transparent.
This is a great idea~ ^^

However, as other people have mentioned already, I think it would be better for you to remove the border. I see that you have updated it in the second video, and it is definitely a step up from the last as it does not interfere with the focus of the video (this is important, you have to consider your hierarchy of information; emphasis on the video itself should come above all else, and it would be rather counterproductive for the design to fight for attention with the video when the latter is what should be the clear focal point). The updated video solves this problem....however even in the new video, I don't feel that the border really adds anything. As nice as it is to try to include some kind of design, you must remember that the purpose is to provide an insightful walkthrough, and the border rather looks like it's just "there to be there," instead of serving as any sort of enhancement worth keeping. You know that saying "less is more?" I think your walkthrough will stand out more emphatically if you keep it crisp, simple, clean, clearcut and straight to the point without trying to include extra "embellishments." I think it's fine for the way the video opens...that's a nice way to start it and I like the music~ ^^ But once the walkthrough plunges forward after that, I'd say just stick to keeping the video as clear as possible.

One more adjustment: your logo in the top left, I think it's too large actually. I would shrink it a little more, and I would also make it translucent so that it, again, does not take away from the video. Actually, do you see how IGN has their logo in the corner? They make it small and translucent so that it can remain unobtrusive; that's what you should strive for with yours.

You have my support for this though~ :)
Sooo, no frame, eh? It seems most people here do not like the frame, so I guess I'll have it removed. :x
And the emblem smaller, huh? Next time I mess around with Sony Vegas, I'll see how it looks. And yes I'll make it transparent.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
That looks really good! I like the frame for the intro maybe...not the whole thing I think. Good luck with it and have fun!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom