• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time 3D : Third Party Developer

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
New information was recently released that in Ocarina of Time 3D, Nintendo brought in a Japanese third party developer to help with the project. The company is called Grezzo, which I am completely unfamiliar with, but after looking them up, the founder has worked on the famous Mana series and the company made Line Attack Heroes for the Wii.

I'm not entirely sure if they are developing the game as some information conflicts. One source says they're developing the project, and another says they are helping. I lean toward the latter, though.

So, what do you guys think about this? I think Grezzo should do a good job helping out. I think Nintendo knows what they're doing.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I think if Nintendo chose them to help, then there's nothing wrong with that. The big N's come a long way from randomly giving out their licences to others (I'm mainly referring to the CDi here). They bring in quality companies now for big projects, so I don't fear a poor product in the end. It's also OoT, which they know is celebrated as being one of the best games of all time. They wouldn't bring in someone they didn't trust to put out a quality product. We've had Capcom based Zelda titles, and it's been made known that they had Retro working on some Zelda in the past few years, so really it's nothing new.

When you read about their decision to bring projects to outside developers, those 3rd parties always comment on how Nintendo pushes for the highest quality. They are a big enough company that they would pull the plug on development if it were to go the wrong way. If you read into the history of Retro Studios and Nintendo, you can see that they push for the best. The founder of this Grezzo company has an impressive resume of Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy, so I would think he would have a team of good developers and designers to work with. You know as well that Miyamoto would be hovering over them as well, as is evident from those Retro / Nintendo stories about Metroid Prime.

I'm happy in a way too that they have announced this because hopefully it will put an end to the arguement that a remake game is using resources that would be better suited to new material. I know often times these statements are made by people who may not know as much about the development side of games, but I really do hope it helps show them the amount of people who are working on these titles. Just looking at end credits of games alone at the amount of individuals involved between titles should prove this, but since credits often go unnoticed maybe a third party announcement will calm fears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom