• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time 3D New Content?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1155224p1.html

So what are your thoughts on what it could be. Maybe a new dungeon, a way to connect Skyward Sword with Ocarina, more side quests, new areas, or maybe it's just the gameplay elements.

I personally hope we get more dungeons maybe things that couldn't be in the original and were taken out due to space and also a way to connect Skyward Sword to Ocarina of Time. Oh Nintendo how you like to screw with us.

Last edited:

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
If Master Quest isn't enough, I can imagine these things:
1. Link is no longer invincible on Epona, but can you sword (like in Twilight Princess)
2. Also like in TP, Link can use his sword underwater. This will be especially useful in Master Quest, becuase in the Water Temple,
if you are not careful with water level, you may encounter Lizalfos underwater. In the N64 version, you are screwed and you must run!
3. Water Temple MQ again - maybe the 2nd small key will be useful and the door after the scarecrow will be locked? I'm referring to the door in my video (0:27 and 2:33): http://screwattack.com/videos/Water-Temple-MQ-extra-Small-Key-mystery-solved
4. Exclusives in the game - I don't think so. They won't do anything for "original Ura Zelda" fans, becuase (at least for Nintendo and me), the final Ura Zelda is Master Quest and the case is closed. Some time ago, I made my own Ura Zelda theory: http://screwattack.com/blogs/JamesB...aster-Quest-and-Majoras-Mask-The-True-History

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
I'm hoping they'll add more sidequests. They'll probably change the temples around, but I doubt they'll add knew ones because I heard they were going to stay pretty true to the original.

H

Hero Of Water

I really hope that they'll add more than just the new item/map/other stuff-system, the master quest and improved graphics in 3d. Don't get me wrong, it's really cool that they'll put in MQ but a new dungeon or something would be even better.

I certainly hope they have new content in the remake, i want it to feel like the ocarina of time we all love and know but with more stuff. they should include more sidequests and add some depth to the story. i mean i don't want to buy this game just for the 3D effects, the improved graphics and the new controls, i want more in this game.

I personally hope we get more dungeons maybe things that were couldn't be in the original and were taken out due to space and also a way to connect Skyward Sword to Ocarina of Time. Oh Nintendo how you like to screw with us.

i would love the idea of skyward sword and ocarina of time having a connection with each other, it would be interesting and it would cause me to "geek out".

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Now, I'm a purist, and I love my Zelda games left generally the way they were. I'm actually hoping it's nothing beyond Master Quest and new interface options; the fact that it has improved graphics, 3D, and sound was plenty for me, anyway. I just don't want anything throwing off the balance of the game, and I suspect they'll be wise enough not to put the extra content in the main game, as that would disrupt the story and the flow that has been treasured for all these years.
I've been a bit out of the loop, but Master Quest seems a pretty substantial addition. I doubt it would be a new dungeon (let alone several), because that's something that Nintendo just doesn't do very often. They did create a linked functionality that gave access to a new "dungeon" in the GBA port of ALttP, but again, that was a dungeon that was very out of the way from the main quest, and it didn't really upset the flow of the game. If they do add a new dungeon, I suspect it would be something very cryptic and out of the way, much like ALttP.
A linked functionality with Skyward Sword isn't altogether unlikely, and that may not be far off. However, I don't suspect it will be anything beyond a few Easter Eggs, or perhaps a few optional character model changes, not dissimilar to what was done in Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime.

As for changing dungeons, I think that would be somewhat pointless, especially if Master Quest is included. If they want to stay true to the original, I imagine Master Quest will be the extent of extra dungeons, because that is already a shift in the dungeons. Why include a third, different alteration of the dungeons? On that matter, I think the notion of adding a "Ura Zelda" is a moot point -- as JamesBond007 said, Master Quest is Ura Zelda. The only known extra content that didn't make it into the game was the "Triforce Quest," and I'm almost positive that will remain on the cutting room floor. This is because it just simply doesn't fit with the Zelda world that's been built up around OoT ever since, and a Triforce Quest would be an enormous shift in story and would render the plot of the game egregiously sloppy, as the whole Triforce element of the story is completely flipped around. I just don't see it as likely at all.
The most I think we'll see is an extra side quest, and that is fairly feasible; if I had to guess, I would think that it may be an extension of the Happy Mask side quest, with potentially more masks.

I remain stalwart in my defense of the game, and I don't think they will change much, nor is there necessity to change much. Would you not buy the game, after already having played the original, even if there wasn't any new content? I think new controls, interface, sound quality and graphics are major contributions, and you'd be lying to yourself if you would say that wasn't enough to make it distinguished enough from the original to warrant a purchase. Should we expect the game to be better? No, I think that would be something only to set yourself up for disappointment. I expect it not to be better, but merely a different spin on something that I remember and held dearly, to bring me a great sense of nostalgia;from each moment in the game, I'll be waiting eagerly to see what subtle changes have been made in the next moment. Hopefully, enough that I'll remember it in the same light. :)

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
i think they are going to fix some the glitches and bugs in the game (ie: Child Link in Kakariko Village Bizarre, Infinite Gold Skulltula, 20 Bottles, No sword glitch, etc.). or, they may make the Master Quest more hard and maybe add Wi-Fi capabilities or local wireless play (to find/share secrets and help a friend with his quest), or maybe some sort of play on the whole Tingle Tuner from WW, where a second person can help you. these are just my ideas, and maybe they aren't going to make any big changes at all. only time will tell...

Here are some pictures to show some minor differences between the N64 and 3DS:
.............................N64.....................................................................3DS

OoT-Comparison-11.jpg

OoT-Comparison-10.jpg

OoT-Comparison-7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom