• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time 3 Heart Restrictions?

K

KokiriShroom

So while my friend is borrowing my copy of twilight princess, I decided I'm going to try out a 3 heart run on Ocarina of Time. I don't consider myself very good at combat or avoiding obstacles (though I'm very good at puzzles and dungeons) :/ I don't really know what restrictions I should put on myself. On my last normal run I had three bottles, that were for the most part, filled with fairies when I entered dungeons. I used the Biggoron Sword, and at the end of the game had 043 deaths. After knowing this, and learning (kind of) about my skill level, could anyone suggest some restrictions to put on myself?
Thanks a ton! :D

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
try no using biggoron's sword?
and try using no sheild
and also try one bottle only(the one with message)
and also try no deku nuts(you wouldnt use them anyways)
and also only use items when needed(like no megaton hammer,deku nuts,dins fire etc. against darklink)

meaning your only weapon is master sword and your only defence is side jumps and backflips oh and no using roll to get past spikes

meaning your only weapon is master sword and your only defence is side jumps and backflips oh and no using roll to get past spikes

dumb180

Warrior Postman
The game is hard enough with just three hearts. If you're trying to get a perfect or near-perfect run, I'd recommend being pretty lax on the restrictions. How about no fairies or potions? If not, make it a three hearted minimalist challenge, doing the stuff Cucco Power mentions. :)

Good luck!

K

KokiriShroom

I think I will just play the game regularly, the only difference being with just 3 hearts. I may or may not pick up extra bottles or the Biggorons Sword. It's kind of a hard descision for me to pick up the Biggoron Sword or not, because on my last playthrough, it made bosses that I had hear where hard (Bongo Bongo, for example) extremely easy. But now that I've got three hearts, that will probably not be the case. Oh, and thank you for the input :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom