• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Obesity, Opinions and Personal Stories

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I apologize very sincerely if there is already a post such as this one. This is actually something that I’ve been dealing with for some time. I'm overweight and I have fought "the battle of the bulge" since my fifth grade year at least. I've tried everything healthy eating, excersies diet drinking plenty of water all the time. Then I started trying things like drinking ton caffeine, caffeine pills. I even stopped eating at one point.
When i was in high school one of my ROTC instructors noticed my constant efforts to lose weight and he offered me a chance that i was never offered before. He introduced me to a doctor who prescribed diet pills and he basically financed me to continue to see this doctor and receive these pills. I was on a 500-1200 calorie a day diet and with the help of that pill i lost 100 lbs. and i was never happier in my life! Then shortly after I graduated high school I joined the navy.
The navy is a completely different story for another day.
I couldn't do the diet anymore because when you are in boot camp they will report you and you will get in trouble for not eating enough. And after a reached my first duty station they were reporting me again for not eating. I started having heart trouble and shortly after that i had to have my gallbladder removed. They had my LLD (light limited duty) for a year that meant that i couldn't exercise as well. Slowly but surely i put back on all my weight and now my health problems are back now with a vengeance. Again I’m doing everything i can lose the weight again but to no avail. I’m afraid that this is going to be a battle that I’m going to lose. I'm thinking about going back to the diet pills though that's going to be hard because I’m on two different medications already.
This weight is literally holding me back from opportunities to make my life more fruitful. I want to have children one day and if I stay at this weight it might not happen for me, or at least that's what I’m afraid for. So I find taking a diet pill worth salvaging what future i have left.
I would just like to hear opinions on being overweight or what do you think about overweight people or diet pills. Stories are welcome here to about the topic as well if you have any to share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom