• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NYE 2019/20 Plans

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What are y'all planning to get up to for New Years Eve this year?

This time around I have plans to attend a house party in Sydney with a bunch of friends. I've already been to Sydney Harbour to see the fireworks once in my life and it is so crowded that I don't feel particularly strongly about going again. It will be nice to just hang out with good people, good music, and good vibes to bring in 2020.

I don't usually see the new year through.

I did for the turn of the millennium but other than that I've only seen a random collection of years in since 2000.

Now that Im a member of ZD and live with a group of caring and protective guys, I'm gonna see this new decade in with a nice drink of whichever alcohol is going.

I'll probably still go to bed right after but I'll definitely tick the date over with my online and offline friends.

Last edited:
To not neglect tradition, we've started doing sauerkraut balls quite a while back (it's probably been 10 years now tbh), which are like a seasoned and breaded ball of sausage with sauerkraut in it. Makes sauerkraut edible, that's the point of it. We'll probably spend an hour or so preparing those on New Year's Eve. Watch the ball drop in Times Square on TV, and then do a toast. I intend to sleep and play video games on New Years Day.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I don't know watch the count down, I live too far to hang with friends since I work till 6:30 pm that day. I will probably wash my bed and take a photo of my current BAB collection to compare it to the one I took 2 years ago.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I usually got to the Cinema on NYE, but I'm not too interested in anything currently out. My brother got the Die Hard movies on DVD for Christmas, and I'll probably binge-watch a few of them tomorrow night instead.

I suppose this is my first one truly alone. My friends will probably be with their families, and my own has buggered off up north for a week.
Guess I won't be making many stupid "haha see you next year" jokes.

I'll probably stick some music on and go for a walk to see the fireworks. I think that without the stress of my family, it'll be quite pleasant.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Same thing I do every night-
Try to take over the world?
take care of the baby and try to get as much sleep as humanly possible
Oh. Well that sounds a lot nicer at least :)

I don't drink, I don't like crowds or parties, and I don't like loud places, so New Year is something I never do anything for. I shall be sat in my room, probably playing Halo, and when the inevitable messages appear in the game chat wishing everyone a happy new year I will send my own and feel the strange hopeful melancholy of a bunch of people who had no plans for the night still reaching out to the only people they have... And then I will kill them and steal their flag.

Try to take over the world?

Oh. Well that sounds a lot nicer at least :)

I don't drink, I don't like crowds or parties, and I don't like loud places, so New Year is something I never do anything for. I shall be sat in my room, probably playing Halo, and when the inevitable messages appear in the game chat wishing everyone a happy new year I will send my own and feel the strange hopeful melancholy of a bunch of people who had no plans for the night still reaching out to the only people they have... And then I will kill them and steal their flag.

I shall write an ode to you and call it 'Ballad of the lonely soldier'

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I never make plans for new years. It's never been a big day for me. To be honest, I would probably ignore it if I could because it's so noisy. My family insists on keeping me up with them to watch the countdown on TV every single year. That's a bother. I would sleep through it if I lived alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom