• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

NX Discussion and Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Dooo. Dooo Do dodododo

I am hoping that once they release their very last exclusive game for Wii U, Paper Mario Color Splash, they will actually unveil this thing.

Uncle Lozzy is not fond of waiting right now......... Sigh.
I just want to see if this will be worth my purchase or not.

Dooo. Dooo Do dodododo

I am hoping that once they release their very last exclusive game for Wii U, Paper Mario Color Splash, they will actually unveil this thing.

Uncle Lozzy is not fond of waiting right now......... Sigh.
I just want to see if this will be worth my purchase or not.
I don't think so actually. I think Nintendo want the WiiU to die so they can see for a few months what a world looks like without a main TV based Nintendo console looks like. Because that's what March 2017 will be. Just a portable NX that has a secondary function of TV hook up. There is no WiiU follow up console.

There is still a decent 3DS line up to go though.

Woth the whole portable home console Idea I had a revelation.

The sheikah slate of Breath of the Wild is actually what the nx looks like

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I don't think so actually. I think Nintendo want the WiiU to die so they can see for a few months what a world looks like without a main TV based Nintendo console looks like. Because that's what March 2017 will be. Just a portable NX that has a secondary function of TV hook up. There is no WiiU follow up console.

There is still a decent 3DS line up to go though.
It really depends on how they want to advertise this new system.

They could either advertise it as a home console that you can take on the go, or as a handheld that can play console games.

Neither is truly bad. But considering that Breath of the Wild is the launch title for the system, and that the 3DS still has a strong lineup, I am inclined they will go with the former.
Woth the whole portable home console Idea I had a revelation.

The sheikah slate of Breath of the Wild is actually what the nx looks like
That is a very good point. However, the Sheikah Slate may also just be synonymous with the Wii U Gamepad. I see no reason why it cannot be both.

More rumours:

• The retail name for the NX is unknown to developers (or they are holding back). I’ve asked multiple sources.
  • I know of at least 1 third-party Wii U game that has/have been successfully ported to NX.
  • Amiibo are still supported (if you hadn’t already guessed).
  • Friend codes are still a thing (unfortunately).
  • I don’t know when the NX will be announced. Speculation is this month.
  • There are multiple “gimmicks” with the NX, one is optional.
  • There are physical dev-kits out in the wild, I don’t have access to these.
  • I don’t know the model of the GPU, however there is little doubt (from what I’ve been told) that it an AMD.
  • The NX is capable of outputting 4k. Consensus is upscaling and streaming.
  • DDR4 Memory (between 6GB – 8G:cool:. EDIT: Available to software.
  • EDIT: Just to be clear – Although there are dev-kits out there, I highly doubt that you will get a direct leak from any of the studios that have them.
  • EDIT 2: Apparently friend code wasn’t the correct term. You can only add people you know.”
Sources:
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/v...can-output-in-4k-has-multiple-gimmicks-amiibo
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4dl4ka/nx_update_3/

I quote both as the original reddit topic on this has been censored (all the info removed) and locked.
Wouldn't that've been nice if the NX was announced in April 2016?

Wouldn't that've been nice if the NX was announced in April 2016?
Actually no. Nintendo needs time to correctly position itself within the market. The first impression here will be big. There is no Iwata anymore. That's important as Iwata could make anything sound amazing. Nintendo need the right person with the right message announcing the NX in the right way to get us to pre-order it.

Tibari

Rinkuji
He made a disclaimer on twitter:
"For the people quoting me about nintendo NX please know, all my information is second hand by semi-trustable sources. Hope they are right"

Its gotta be reggie, he's far more recognizable.
The person ideally needs two things.
  • Be Japanese.
  • Be liked by millions of people.
Iwata was both of these things. Reggie is not. Reggie is liked by a lot of people outside Japan. But he's not Japanese. I don't think the Jap crowds warm to Reggie like we do. You need to remember this reveal has to cater to all major 4 Nintendo regions.
  • Japan
  • North America
  • Europe
  • Australia and New Zealand
  1. The Japanese would prefer someone Japanese to do it. Someone they relate more to.
  2. Reggie would suit NA perfectly.
  3. Europe would not worry too much as long as different language subtitles were there. I guess Nintendo could use Reggie's NA reveal here too as long as they don't make all the info NA specific. I say this as most NA directs are vastly different to the EU directs. The EU directs have a lot less released games and later released games talked about. The EU get the raw end of the stick most directs. But a non region specific NX reveal by Reggie would suit the EU just fine. Anything done has to be more interesting than the standard EU directas they are boring as and would fail to hype up the NX.
  4. ANZ have had I believe one region specific Direct in years. That was the N3DS direct. It was boring as all ****. We mostly just piggyback on the EU directs. Mostly it's the same info. The EU directs are boring as too. Speaking from experience (as I am Australian), I don't care who does the NX reveal as long as it's an interesting direct and non region specific. We can get the region specific details (things like prices and release dates) later. Most Australians feel the same.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
What confuses me about this entire NX situation is this:

How can Nintendo take the concept of the Wii U; which got criticism for being too ambitious and complicated for 3rd party devs, and instead of going back to a formula which they know works, take that concept even further and be praised by the same critics that disliked the Wii U?

Instead of taking the tablet into the next room, you take the tablet everywhere. There'll be actual feedback on the analog stick when your character bumps into something. How can it be easier to code after that? How can everyone who played it say that they love it when every rumor or fake pic we see of the controller is ugly as ****? I know it's all photoshoped, but how much further from reality can those pics be? The controller WILL have a touchscreen on it. I will also have the same button layout Nintendo has always had.

It all confuses the hell out of me and honestly, smells a little fishy.

The person ideally needs two things.
  • Be Japanese.
  • Be liked by millions of people.
Iwata was both of these things. Reggie is not. Reggie is liked by a lot of people outside Japan. But he's not Japanese. I don't think the Jap crowds warm to Reggie like we do. You need to remember this reveal has to cater to all major 4 Nintendo regions.
  • Japan
  • North America
  • Europe
  • Australia and New Zealand
  1. The Japanese would prefer someone Japanese to do it. Someone they relate more to.
  2. Reggie would suit NA perfectly.
  3. Europe would not worry too much as long as different language subtitles were there. I guess Nintendo could use Reggie's NA reveal here too as long as they don't make all the info NA specific. I say this as most NA directs are vastly different to the EU directs. The EU directs have a lot less released games and later released games talked about. The EU get the raw end of the stick most directs. But a non region specific NX reveal by Reggie would suit the EU just fine. Anything done has to be more interesting than the standard EU directas they are boring as and would fail to hype up the NX.
  4. ANZ have had I believe one region specific Direct in years. That was the N3DS direct. It was boring as all ****. We mostly just piggyback on the EU directs. Mostly it's the same info. The EU directs are boring as too. Speaking from experience (as I am Australian), I don't care who does the NX reveal as long as it's an interesting direct and non region specific. We can get the region specific details (things like prices and release dates) later. Most Australians feel the same.

Maybe miyamotto then. He fits the croteria you suggest.

Do you think it will play 3ds games if it does run on carts
That depends if the internal architecture of the NX is compatible with the 3DS. If it's the Tegra then it just might not be able to as it's a totally different chipset. But I would not rule out DS and possibly 3DS VC though. That I think would be a good thing and is possible based on the power of the Tegra.

My direct answer to you is natively via 3DS cart? Maybe not but we could be surprised.
3DS VC on the NX? Quite possible given the power of the Tegra 1 and 2.

I hope it's the Tegra 2 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom