• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nuzlockers Sub-Rules

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
For those who are unaware, Nuzlocke is the name of a special ruleset used in Pokmeon games to make them more difficult for players. The most commonly used rules are as follows:
  1. If any Pokemon is KOed at any time, they are "dead" and must be either boxed or released for the remainder of the adventure.
  2. You can only catch the first Pokemon you find on any route. Only the one. If it gets knocked out, runs from battle, you have no Pokeballs left, anything, you get nothing on that route. "Route" is usually described as a new location indicator appearing on the screen.
  3. You must nickname all your Pokemon. This increases your connection to each Pokemon, and makes it slightly more emotional when they die.
A lot of people also create stories based around their runs, often put on the internet in fanfiction or webcomic form. The most popular of these is "Nuzlocke", the ruleset namer, who runs a particularly popular webcomic where he's played through Ruby, Fire Red, and White version.
This is a place for Nuzlockers to chat, ask questions, talk about their runs, that kind of thing. I know we have a few around here somewhere.

Obviously there are the main three rules that are on the main page, but are there any other rules you use to augment your experience? For example:
  • The "Dupes Clause" I use almost every game. It makes it so you are allowed to skip a first-capture Pokemon if you already own a Pokemon of that same evolutionary line. It helps you not end up with five Pidgeys, which recently happened to me in a very unfortunate Fire Red Nuzlocke.
  • The "Legendaries Clause" I don't really use. It makes it so you can catch legendaries as well as the first Pokemon in the area. I don't use it because I feel like it reduces the challenge and the narrative a little bit to do so, but it's another common one.
  • The "Shinies Clause" is pretty much the same thing as the Legendaries Clause, except, obviously, with Shinies. I have this one, but I don't use Shinies in battle. I just catch em and keep em.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom