• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Now What Does Everyone Expect in the Overworld

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
He says ''the scope of it is pretty amazing and when people get in and start exploring the over world they will be pretty amazed at how vast it is compared with previous titles''

The world is expected to be more dense, decreasing the overall size in order to fill it with life. I expect a more 2D traditional Zelda approach where you must traverse the vast world and fight your way to the Temples and Dungeons as opposed to simply riding your horse/bird to the next location. In the overworld, I want to see life. I want tons of enemies present throughout a number of spaces filled with new areas and secrets to explore. I want NPCs walking certain paths between a number of towns and villages. I want to feel like I'm in Hyrule, surrounded by life, surrounded by threat.

Sidequests are a must throughout the story, particularly if the NPCs involved correlate to the main quest, similarly to Majora's Mask. I don't merely want these interactions to be specific to Skyloft, as there is a world filled with quite a number of civilized races beneath the clouds, including Gorons, Humans, Zoras, and the Sheikah. Apparently, there is no "main field" in Skyward Sword, so elements like this finally have a chance to bring themselves to fruition, particularly after the five years Nintendo have invested in making this game perfect.

M

Mrwarfishy

now what do you want to see in the overworld i want grottos entered by bombing stumps and stuff
i want skyloft do be civilized with stores and shops around, maybe around 7 or 8, i want hyrule to be deserted with destroyed buildings and few living creatures

oracleofcanada

never give in brohams!
well they said that the world below is filled with monsters and never really had any life other than monsters and a few harmless
creatures but other than that i think it would be cool if there were torn up buildings in areas like the futre kakariko and kokiri so
they just rebuilt

well that doesn't necessarily mean open but larger areas can be a nuance to have to run (or dash) through a giant field because it might end up like wind waker where you just tape the controlstick forward and take a nap. (which is what i did.) sorry if it
came across like a rant i didnt mean it like that

this isnt really an over world prediction but i hope that special monster skins will appear in different areas and then link will have a sort of encyclopedia that records the skins and other info on that spesifec monster like the pokedex or the bestiary

Last edited:
The whole "land below ruled by the demon tribe" thing sounds like an excuse to make the over world though as nail, full of monsters right of the bat. And thanks to that I believe that we are only going to see only a few peaceful settlements in the world below, not sure if any proper town.

How many over world areas do you think the game will contain (counting only the world below)? I'm guessing something about 15-24 (about the same size as the one seen in the 2010 demo, some much smaller, some much larger) not counting some corridor areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom