• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Now What Does Everyone Expect in the Overworld

Hmm...interesting question. I guess I'd like to see certain enemies that inhabit only certain parts of the overworld. Bomb-able stumps harboring grottoes underneath sound cool, too; I believe those were in the 2D Zelda games, were they not? Hmm... I'll get back to you if I think of anything else. :yes:

I'd like to see many villages and people. It'd be cool if there were a lot of NPCs running around outside the confines of a village; it'd make the world seem more lively.

Last edited:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Me want mean killing machine overworld like the Loz!

skybird11

state alchemist
i want lots of npc's and big(like TP) fields. unfortunately i think i read somewhere the world isn't to big like TP. hopefully bigger than OoT's. also, there should be lots of bokoblins and skulltulas because they look fun to fight, especially the skulltulas!

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I want rare big creatures walking around in each zone.. for instance

In death mountain where there is nothing but rocks and sand, they could make it so that sometimes a huge monster spawns like a dragon but the monster should be very rare and much bigger than the other creatures... kinda like an overworld boss.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I want the overworld to be similar in concept like it was in aLttP and MM. They had the best overworlds so far in the history of the series, which is one of the many reasons those two games are my favourites in the whole series.
Let's look at MM's overworld for now: Instead of having only small corridors that connected the overworld parts in OoT and TP, MM's Termina Field was transitional between the differently themed areas (canyon, beach, ice, swamp). There were some sort of corridors too when you went to the areas proper but they were much broader and filled with many enemies and characters. The enemy/character and detail density of those places was much higher than in any other 3D Zelda to date. Another cool thing which is already confirmed for SS - smooth transitions between overworld and dungeons - was already very present in the game: just think about places like the Deku Palace, Gerudo Fortress, Bottom of the Well, Ikana Castle and last but not least Stone Tower, an interesting detail in the latter case is that the music doesn't even reset when you enter the "actual" Stone Tower Temple which BTW is my favourite dungeon in the series.
From what we've already seen of the overworld (fx the E3 demo), I'm very confident that SS will develop further in that direction - a very dense and more realistic overworld with lots of secrets, grottoes etc. instead of a mostly huge, empty and unpopulated taiga-like landscape which was in TP (which of course was still a very great Zelda game).
Oh and I forgot to add I'd also like to see big towns with lots of stuff going on which changes depending on day/daytime/game progress like Clock Town but also smaller villages like Ordon with lots of sidequests and items, a good comparison would be the earlier Final Fantasy games.

I would like to see an overworld that is similar to Twilight Princess's overworld in size, but I don't want it to be anyway near as empty. A lot of Twilight Princess's overworld felt like it was just an overly long path and nothing else. It wasn't that fun to explore a lot of the overworld for the reason. Therefore I would an overworld that is filled with a lot of things for us to do. It would be awesome if Nintendo took a look at Oblivion and used a concept from that game. All over Oblivion there are little areas that aren't even necessary to the plot, yet are stilled filled with some useful loot and some strong enemies. It makes exploring the game so much more fun because there's a lot to do wherever you go. If something like that appeared in Skyward Sword, I'd be happy, even if it was just a few room for each little fort/cave/whatever with some hard challenges inside. Of course the way in which Nintendo did this would have to be very different so that it could be classed as the overworld of the game, so it'd have to be open to the overworld if you understand what I mean with that.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
i want lots of npc's and big(like TP) fields. unfortunately i think i read somewhere the world isn't to big like TP.
No If you watch I think the interview with Bill he says that it has the biggest over world yet.

IHNo

The Other Side
No If you watch I think the interview with Bill he says that it has the biggest over world yet.

Is that so? Nintendo kept commenting on how SS's overwold was more "dense," but I honestly couldn't figure out if that meant it was just smaller than TP's, or it was still as big/even bigger but filled with things to do. Where in the interview did Bill say that?

Getting back on topic: What I'd like to see are a lot of hidden caves/routes, like that room with the Stalfos inside that was blocked by rocks from the E3 2010 demo. As boring and empty as TP's fields were, I greatly enjoyed walking upon a hidden cave, wandering inside, and being faced with puzzles or endless routes. It offered more exploration and entertained me quite a bit, seeing as I hadn't come across those caves until I was almost finished completing the game (plus those extra ice block-pushing puzzles were loads of fun!)

well, I'm very inclined to believe that this overworld is going to be 70% made of areas like seen in the 2010 demo, and with some (not so) ample open moody areas connecting some of them, like a Hylian lake area or a village, but not a proper open world, leaving this to the Sky world.

I mean, get real, we can't have a TP+WW size, or even a TP+1/2 WW, and yet have they calling it "dense" by any means.

Last edited:

Teal

Useful Help.
I think the sky is going to be very cool and big but i would like to see Hyrule's overworld have alot of life and it should have some side quest.

Teal.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
I want random occurrences that will add a bit of spice and danger to traversing the overworld.

Random weather patterns, random occasional NPC's, random harder enemies, anything to bring the already vibrant world more alive.

Though I can't say I EXPECT that. But it would def be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom