• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Now These Screenshots Look a Ton Better than TP

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Nintendo has officially revealed some screenshots from TPHD....
I know the mixed reactions of the lack of improvement... But the improvement is obviously there in other places in the game, and it seems like a huge Work in Progress. I will let you see these screenshots yourselves, but I think this looks a lot better than what was shown.
palace-2__banner-auto-cropping.jpg

riding_epona-2__xlarge.jpg

link_and_minda-2__xlarge.jpg

bulbins-2__xlarge.jpg

link_and_epona-2__xlarge.jpg

But the improvement is obviously there in other places in the game
It is. There seems to be less of the usual Zelda remake over brightness here. There is still some but a lot less than the other remakes. If this stays the same till release then it just might be the best looking Zelda remake ever.

Especially because the project is not being handled by Nintendo themselves but by a third party, this may be less of a REMAKE and more of a REMASTER...but meh, I'll still take it.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I honestly believe the game needs more than just a coat of HD. Some of the polygons and textures need to be redone. They can't just do what they did with Wind Waker, because that game already was gorgeous when it came out. This one went for a more realistic look, and so it will have a lot more issues to contend with.

I honestly believe the game needs more than just a coat of HD. Some of the polygons and textures need to be redone. They can't just do what they did with Wind Waker, because that game already was gorgeous when it came out. This one went for a more realistic look, and so it will have a lot more issues to contend with.
WWGC in my opinion looked like a pig when it came out. But that pig never got overweight with age. So there was not much needed to do to make it HD as you said. That pig is as tasty now as it always was.
TP on the other hand was a beautiful actress but over time with age her skin went saggy and all the wrinkles and bags started to appear. A little makeup will not return her to her former glory, some hard plastic surgery is needed.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
WWGC in my opinion looked like a pig when it came out. But that pig never got overweight with age. So there was not much needed to do to make it HD as you said. That pig is as tasty now as it always was.
TP on the other hand was a beautiful actress but over time with age her skin went saggy and all the wrinkles and bags started to appear. A little makeup will not return her to her former glory, some hard plastic surgery is needed.

LOL

That is a good analogy. Although I have to say I did enjoy the visuals that Wind Waker had even back in the day. But in either case, the transition was super easy. The whole art style was so simple, that adding HD to it really made it pop.

But yeah, TP is a different beast. There's a lot more there that can look bad in HD. I'm actually surprised they already announced a release date. The few screenshots I've seen do not tell the story of a game that is anywhere close to being ready for release.

I could imagine they themselves don't think it's ready yet, but felt pressured to announce and release something to please the fanbase that wasn't really satisfied with Triforce Heroes and got more and more disillusioned with the lack of any info about Zelda Wii U every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom