• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nottingham GameCity Zelda Takeover Day

A

Arcturios

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-29-gamecity-announces-zelda-takeover-day

This article describes a monumental Zelda event happening in Nottingham. The GameCity event is going to be entirely themed on The Legend of Zelda on the 29th of October.

"Nottingham's Old Market Square is to be transformed into a Hyrulean market village for the day. Visitors will be able to craft their own sword and shield, learn to play the ocarina and stop off for refreshments at the LonLon Milk Bar.

Limited edition Zelda-branded ocarinas will be given away, with recipients invited to participate in a one-off ocarina orchestra recital.

GameCity will also play host to a world record attempt, with six gamers attempting to play through all 15 canon Zelda games consecutively as a tag team. Willing participants are asked to get in touch with Official Nintendo Magazine to register their interest.

Finally, you'll also be able to go hands-on with new Wii adventure The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ahead of its 18th November UK launch."

I am absolutely thrilled with this, as it's being hosted less that 20 minutes walk from my house. Will anyone else be attending?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend because of how far it is from where I live, but if you end up going you should post how it was and perhaps upload some pictures.

H

Hisoka

I'm going, nice to see a fellow Legend of Zelda fan from/living in Nottingham!
Seeing as I'm living at in Manchester right now (for University), I'm getting the train down for Gamecity (and also to get back home and meet my mates). I'd love to take some pictures and maybe meet some fellow fans.
If anybody else is going, I'd bring your 3DS if you've got one- as you're likely to get quite a few streetpass hits.

I'm really excited- first this, then Halloween and Bonfire Night the next week and then a bunch of awesome game releases :D

Strangelove

Somewhere
Nottingham = Hyrule Castle Town

This year Nottingham is doing GameCity, some festival. I'm sure UK zelda fans will be interested in this, because on the 29th of this month, theyre converting Nottingham's Market Square into Hyrule Castle town!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-29-gamecity-announces-zelda-takeover-day

There's gonna be Swords and Sheilds, Limited Edition Zelda Themed ocarinas with the chance ot take part in a one off orchestra ( of Zelda music) , and there's six gamers who'll be worknig on a world record attempt to beat all 15 Canon Zeldas in record time.
And Skyward Sword ; we get to play that ahead of it's normal release date.
And the best part is, I live here!
And we have an actual castle walking distance from " Hyrule Castle Town" So it'll look even better.
:clap:

Conor

the over analysing guy
Gah! My girlfriend lives in Nottingham, it sucks I can't afford to get down there in time -.-

This sounds really awesome, I wish I could be there too, especially to try out Skyward Sword, I believe there is another thread about this subject though, maybe a Modcould merge the two?

Strangelove

Somewhere
Didn't notice. Crap. Still, it's gonna bre great. If you're lucky you might find one of the limted edition Ocarinas on Ebay after the event. They'll bew quite rare, I think.

Y

Yazz

Old Market Square, Nottingham to Be Turned into Hyrule Market/Castle Town

Is anyone going to this on saturday?

I think it's the only time where getting out of bed before 10 on a saturday is acceptable, yup.
I think it's the only thing that since moving to Nottingham, I've truly looked forward to as well, it should be an experience :)

Y

Yazz

Went down town this evening, it all looks very gamey -if that's even a word- kinda sad i didn't go down yesterday to have a look around at everything else, might have to have a wander tomorrow :)

TwilightMaster7

~Master of Twilight~
Didn't notice. Crap. Still, it's gonna bre great. If you're lucky you might find one of the limted edition Ocarinas on Ebay after the event. They'll bew quite rare, I think.
I sure hope that they become quite rare as I managed to get myself four of them. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom