• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Not Reading SS Articles

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
So for the last two weeks I have stopped reading any articles on SS. I am doing this to try and not here any more spoilers so that SS feels like a complete new experience and game. I just wondered if anyone else is doing something similar.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I've looked at maybe three Skyward Sword posts since last week, none of them spoilers, and once November comes around, I'll probably avoid the front page. What I know as far as spoilers go is enough for me, so I don't feel like knowing anything else yet! :)

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I've only read the Game Informer article, checked out a few ZD threads, and seen a few Youtube videos. I don't want to give too much away for myself.
From what I can tell, it seems like it's gonna be a really good game w/ alot of cool new stuff, though, and I can't wait to play it.

I'm completely avoiding anything and everything. I won't watch the opening until I actually get the game and I'm definitely NOT going close to this page. (---->CAUTION----> That is the Skyward Sword Story page on this site. Enter at your own risk!) I want the game to be a surprise to me.

demonsxlr8

Join the Dark Slide! :D
i'm not watching anything from the past two/three weeks. just some images and screen shots, i have not seen the intro, and the first 15 minutes gameplay. i want the game to surprise me o:

I am sorry to say but I am watching everything and reading everything. My sister says I am going to know the game before it comes out which I almost do but I respect the idea of some people not spoiling themselves with articles, screenshots, and Youtube videos! I mean like thumbs up for the people who can actually wait without seeing any spoilers! ^^

You know, I've never understood this "surprise/don't read anything" idea that the Zelda community seems to embrace. I read every article on Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and you know what? Those games weren't ruined for me at all. I still enjoyed every bit of them (except for a few obvious parts that most hate), and those spoilers didn't change how I felt playing through the game either.

I've read just about every post about Skyward Sword to date, I've seen all the pictures, and I've watched all the videos. I know for sure that when I finally play it, what I see now won't really make a difference to me, as I'll find the game just as new as I would without spoilers.

And to be truthful, if this game is as large as it's supposed to be, we've seen nothing of what this game has to offer.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
This is the first video game I've ever followed before release date, so I don't know what will happen if I am spoiled, I might take into account what happens for WiiU Zelda!

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
As long as I don't see a big surprise in the story or a boss fight I watch everything I can. It just gets me more excited!!

Nerion

Nerion Saiarion
I'm feeling just the same way as you do, buddy. I personally think that knowing the name of the villain is to much spoilers, so from now on I'm not watching any videos about Skyward Sword. It's too risky.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
It has been scientifically proven that spoilers make you want to read a book even more. I don't know if it applies to games as well, but I'm reading mostly everything about SS on the front page, I try to avoid major plot elements. if I were to do what you do, I would at least read the title of the article, to get a hold of what's going on. I might start doing your thing when there is about like, two weeks left or so. but not a month.
Nice topic though ;)

Pen

The game is on!
I read most of the new SS posts and SS articles containing spoilers. But every once in a while I skip an article that seems to spoil too much.

Ah, this game is gonna be so grand! :D

I find that there are a lot of spoilers and in order to just make it a better experience for me in general I'm trying to avoid as much of them as possible. The one thing I wish they didn't release would be the item list. One of the things that I enjoy about Zelda is finding out what new and interesting items they include in the game, and I feel as if I've seen too much already! I admit that I watched the intro but I simply refuse to watch the first 15 minutes of gameplay video simply so that it will be a new experience for me. I feel as if I'm cheating myself if I watch and read up on too many spoilers.

linkman8

True and Noble
I'm right there with you, I haven't read almost anything about Skyward Sword in general. I saw the trailers, the release date, and a couple other small things, but for the bulk of the news that has been released and discussed I have turned away from, just because I hate spoilers. A lot. I'd prefer to just discover everything in the game as I play it instead of knowing half of it ahead of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom