• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild NOT Played BotW yet?

I'm just curious if anyone has come to this site and has not yet played BoTW?
There is so much analysis of this game from sites like YouTube, to forums like this, to game reviews. This would make it very hard not to be a led to a spoiler or two.
So, I know that there's always going to be new users to the NS and by definition new BotW gamers (assuming not the Wii U version). The Nintendo eShop always shows that BotW is a top downloader. Is this because Nintendo doesn't want it to fall off the list and keeps it up or is it because there are actually a large number of people still picking up the game (or downloading that is)?

If you're new, awesome, it would be great to know about the excitement you might have for this game having never played it.

There is so much analysis of this game from sites like YouTube, to forums like this, to game reviews. This would make it very hard not to be a led to a spoiler or two.
So, I know that there's always going to be new users to the NS and by definition new BotW gamers (assuming not the Wii U version). The Nintendo eShop always shows that BotW is a top downloader. Is this because Nintendo doesn't want it to fall off the list and keeps it up or is it because there are actually a large number of people still picking up the game (or downloading that is)?

If you're new, awesome, it would be great to know about the excitement you might have for this game having never played it.

The Switch is selling like wildfire and Zelda is one of the biggest profile and highest selling IPs in history, it's likely that BotW will be a mainstay in the eShop charts for a very long time. This isn't Nintendo fudging numbers, they aren't like that and honestly dont even need to.

The same can be said for Super Mario Odyssey, Hollow Knight, Stardew Valley and Undertale hanging around in the eShop charts long after their releaeses.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Not exactly...... I've played" Great plateau" part in my friend's console . and watched him play now and then

a very Valid question . Neither is botw falling off Nintendo's own built-up List and neither is the Price of the game...It is Rock steady as we speak. This is unlike most games that fall of prices after a year or two in the fray. I was googling around and came across this snippet:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Snip+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How many copies has breath of the wild sold?
That month, Nintendo reported it had sold 3.84 million copies of Breath of the Wildworldwide, 1.08 million for Wii U and 2.76 million for Switch, surpassing the Switch's global sales of 2.74 million for the same period.

and ofcourse the corresponding wiki page
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++End Snip+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

so I guess that botw is still doing okay in the eyes of Nintendo ...explaining that's the reason behind why Nin. hasn't reduced the price by even 1 cent since it's release around 2 years ago ( at least in europe that is)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom