• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Not Link in Zelda Wii U? "No One Explicitly Said That That Was Link"

D

Deleted member 14134

Wait wait the gender mixup is about Link? Damn, I thought the male Epona was pretty questionable, might just be what's throwing everyone off. Can't believe I'm the only one who sees it.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aonuma said:
Actually that comment I made jokingly. It's not that I said that it wasn't Link. It's that I never said that it was Link. It's not really the same thing, but I can understand how it could be taken that way.

It seems like it has kind of taken off where people are saying 'oh it's a female character' and it just kind of grew. But my intent in saying that was humour. You know, you have to show Link when you create a trailer for a Zelda announcement.

I don't want people to get hung up on the way Link looks because ultimately Link represents the player in the game. I don't want to define him so much that it becomes limiting to the players. I want players to focus on other parts of the trailer and not specifically on the character because the character Link represents, again, the player.

Aonuma the troll! Panic over. Although I do find it funny people are discussing if it's a female lead; I'm sure this kind of speculation is doing wonders for Link's confidence. ;)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It was so obvious that he was doing it purely for the sake of getting people talking. People always fall for this kind of stuff, lol.

Salem

SICK
Aonuma said:
I don't want people to get hung up on the way Link looks because ultimately Link represents the player in the game. I don't want to define him so much that it becomes limiting to the players. I want players to focus on other parts of the trailer and not specifically on the character because the character Link represents, again, the player.
Then why the hell did you take away the green hat? People are bound to notice...

Link18

link18
its probably just him messing with us by vaguely saying you can change your characters name

Fig

The Altruist
It's very funny to see that fans really believed that this wasn't Link to begin with. Was the chance of it being a different character? Maybe about 1-10%, but I personally believe that it was Link from the start and simply Mr. Aonuma was having fun toying with the fans. It's great to see that Mr. Aonuma does have a sense of humor.

Honestly I find it dumb that fans automatically believe that just because Link doesn't wear his green tunic and hat doesn't make him any less of him. We saw Link in blue garments when the screenshots of Hyrule Warriors came out just a few weeks ago people! Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword all featured him at one point without the green tunic, that doesn't make him any less of himself.

In the end, I'm glad that people can rest assure that it was Link we saw in the trailer. I do hope we can some more footage within the next few months when the game has had time to develop more.

Salem

SICK
Link didn't have the green hat at the start of TP, SS, and SP(MC also, but he had the tunic).
The first ever footage of those games when they were unveiled DID have Link wear his green tunic, it was only later that they revealed that Link doesn't start with the green hat and tunic.

This is the first time that the a Zelda game was revealed with Link not wearing his traditional clothes.

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
A lot of things about Link in the trailer should have told us that it was Link. What I can't believe most of all is that a lot of fans used his clothes as justification for that character not being Link. I don't know, it seems so incredible to me that the argument of whether or not it was Link came down to his clothes, which is an aspect that I find really shouldn't be a huge part of his character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom