• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Not Even Gonna Lie

I take back what I said before. The first time fighting him is incredible, but since then I have faced and beaten him 2 more times (game completion and Hero Mode) and I found it rather boring. The pattern to hit him is way too simplistic and the lightening round can be forgotten so easily. I didn't shoot one lightening bolt at him in Hero mode and beat him in under 2 minutes. All the battle is is SPOILER: three sword hits, shield bash, repeat. Lightening round is shield bash, three sword hits, shield bash, repeat (depending on if he gets the bolt or not).

The first time through, I was in awe. Now, it's way too easy and it feels like I've been ripped off from an epic ending to an epic game.

I know that the more you beat the bosses, the less cool they seem, but I was hoping for something more like Oot or TP that had the epic feeling and the longness a final boss deserved. Ganon in Oot always gets me shaking with nerves while Ganondorf/Ganon in TP always keeps me on my toes. I felt like this battle missed so much of its potential in both aspects. I have more trouble beating Koloktos than Demise and more nerves when facing Tentalus (beat them all the time in boss rush mode) and I just think that is wrong.

Still love the game, but wishing it would have had a better final battle.

Last edited:
Although I have a lot to complain about this (awesome) game; this is not one of them.

I may have liked the Ghirahim battle a bit more, but Demise was extremely fun. The battle scene was epic, with the lightning storm and music setting the mood perfectly. and the actual battle was awesome, trying to figure out a good strategy did take me a while. Even though not the hardest battle, I did die a couple times(but mostly because I couldn't get to my potion in time), and it was difficult enough to make me scream and get frustrated(the good kind). It has to be in my top favorite Zelda battles. Plus the ending made the whole Zelda series make a lot more since!

I love this battle! The Boss Battle with Demise was & is my favorite boss battle in any game. This boss battle actually got me standing up trying to get a lightening strike. The first time I battled him, I had to do it the harder way, meaning I had no idea that my sword could charge electricity too. The only reason I ended up beating him in one try is because of that Guardian potion+. Noneoftheless, it was AWESOME!!!!

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Demise was epic in almost every way. An amazingly engineered battle with fitting ambiance. I loved it. I survived it with only 1 heart left the first time. Demise does tons of damage quickly, and I really had my heart rate up. I loved the swinging of the remote as a sword, and the lightning. He sometimes induces some kind of surreal panic. I feel like I was more connected to the battle than any other that I have fought in any game. It felt almost real. Attacking, and as the battle drags on having to back off sometimes and then re-assess you attack and defend a little bit. Sword fighting is one of my hobbies, and this battle was the closes to reality that I have ever seen in a video game. LOVED IT!!!!!

I guess I felt differently. I agree the atmosphere was cool, but the battle way way too easy. I don't think I ever beat a final boss in so short a time. I did die the first time but barely got hit the second time and he was dead in like 5 minutes. I remember thinking after I delivered the final strike, "That's it?" I thought it would be longer, it felt anticlimactic. If it was just a little harder and if Demise switched up his tactics more then just once it would have been great. As it stands I still think both N64 games, WW and TP have better ending battles.

The music was just icing on the cake in this boss battle, as well as all the other audio elements. The most epic part in my mind is when you finish him, when you leap up and the lightning strikes your blade as you stab it through his chest. My mouth hit the dirt when I beat him lol

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
I liked this battle alot! There could have been more too it though. I liked Ghirahim's Final Battle better for this reason.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
In every Zelda Game, it is a very special moment before you face the final boss. The story finally reaches it climax. The brave Hero will face the main Antagonist which is in nearly every Zelda a very bad guy, a Demon or a very bad guy who turns into a giant Demon. But I was more thrilled facing Ganondorf in Twilight Princess. He was the Perpetrator behind all the events. Don't get me wrong, it was also a great moment facing Demise, but the problem with Demise was, he was just a simple, evil demon. Ganondorf was more like a Renegade. Someone, you better don't **** (I mean, mess with) with.
It was an epic battle against Demise. A bit easy thanks to Mases superb Walkthrough. Maybe I ruined it a bit for me, because I watched the Walkthrough. Challening Demise with my own skills would had been the much better choice.

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
Definatly pretty high on the charts in epicness, but I will admit it was pretty hard the first few times around but it gets much easier once you actually know how to do it.

I cheated this fight bad and made it super easy (my favorite thing to do). I drank an upgraded guardian potion as soon as lightening hit Demise's sword and just fought him by randomly slashing until he died. So the fight was not very epic for me. The scene directly before the fight where Demise was talking to Link in the crazy alternate dimension type place was INCREDIBLE though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom