• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Not Even Gonna Lie

L

LinkCrew

Final boss battle in skyward sword was definitely the most epic. Maybe not the most legendary, but certainly the most fun in my opinion.

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
TOTALLY!!! ANYONE ELSE AGREE WITH ME? I do think it was more of a duel than a boss battle, though. He could do almost everything you could, so it really was challenging. especially with the skyward strike lightning thing.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This goes without saying, but I'll say it. Demise's battle bore the most epic feel out of any other final showdown. That goes especially for the latterly phase, when he triggered the storm, hoping to utilize the energy of the lightning to his own advantage. Instead Link picked up his maneuver and began employing it against Demise, while emphasis remained very much on the Master Sword. After all, this was the origin story of the Blade of Evil's Bane, and the focus remained consistent upon just that. Coupled with the motion controls, nothing caused that to differ, not even the last skirmish. The Master Sword clashed against its anti, against its opponent, not it proved full well that indeed it would be a detriment to everything encompassed by wickedness, and that is very true considering that evil supposedly stemmed from Demise.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
it was a really tough battle but it was another one of those where once you figure out the pattern, you can beat him without taking much damage. even so, great battle

Deeds

no text
The surroundings in the battle were great, it felt so heavenly and epic. Demises hair looked so cool as well. I didn't find it very challenging, it just took patience really. Like some of you have said, when you figure out the pattern, it's easy.

N

NottakeMirror

I think the battle with Demise is the most epic final boss and only one I actually found challenging at the same time. I ended the boss fight with my left arm acking from Demise's attacks.

I agree. Demise definitely had the most epic feeling atmosphere to it and if you did the battle (Ghirahim and Demise) in one run (Highly reccomnended) then it was pretty legendary.

Exactly, I did everything in one run cause Demise told me to hurry, that he wouldn't wait forever (nice plot hole there, since I can go forward in time a millenium with him still waiting). Don't forget about the horde...as soon as that started, I was at a loss for words.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
At first, it didn't hold much of an epic factor for me, probably due to the fact that I was expecting his fight to be a lot different than it was, or something along those lines. In my second runthrough (Hero Mode), that changed completely. I realized just how epic the setting (and buildup) was that second time, and it was then that I knew that Demise was one of, if not the, most epic final boss in Zelda history.

The battle the Demise was pretty amazing. I'm not going to do Hero Mode right away since I want to do a 100% run on the normal difficulty, but I can feel the challenge.

Last edited:
I thought it was the most epic sword fight in the the series for sure, but what it really lacked was a sense of fighting a character. Demise was pretty well thrown into the game at the end and you never really had a feel for what kind of villain he was and is.
It was an awesome duel that was both fun and challenging, but I felt that it was much too short and repetitive of a fight, and also I did not feel a burning hate for Demise as I did for Zant, Majora or Ganondorf.

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
Demise was one of the best bosses I've fought in the Zelda series. It's a clash between good and evil. Link and Demise. Fi and Ghirahim. Sword to sword. Of course one of the reasons I really liked this battle was because it was a sword fight. This is an epic final boss.

Ill go as far to say Demise is my favoriote boss in a zelda game ever. I just loved the Lightning striking the sword is just amazing. I love how they flesh out Links bravery and intelligence in this game.

on and off i fussed about the motion controls, how in some areas they felt forced untillll, this fight made it all worth. i admit i had to stand up for this one. i agree i wish more time would have been spent on his character. kinda reminds me of darth maul in a way. the coolest bad guy who doesnt get enough time. the coolest fire-hair ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom